Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Feb 2011, 01:06 (Ref:2825988)   #1
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
360 MRC 6 Hours Snetterton, April 30th.

This is your chance;
To marshal one of the first meetings on the new snetterton 300 circuit,
To marshal at the first endurance race of the year, with a large mixture of cars, plus support race.
To see a world record attempt, at the most "Gulf" coloured vehicles gathered in one place.

Also, as the 360 MRC recognise the great and valued work that we marshals do, and in keeping with the "Gulf" theme, there will be some special prizes for the marshals raffle including;
1:18th scale model of Gulf Porsche 917 No.20 (as driven by Steve McQueen in the film "Le Mans").value £88.
"Orange and Blue" book of the history of Gulf sponsorship in motorsport, with many great photos. Value £45.
T-shirt commemorating Gulf Ford GT40, 1969 victory at Le Mans, from the USA,
and more.

For your chance to have win one of these and have a great day out, go to the "Volunteering 2011" thread and click on the 360 MRC.

See you there.
Old 5 Feb 2011, 06:15 (Ref:2826018)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the SC driver be eligible for any of those prizes?
I'll look forward to meeting up again with all of the boys and girls who did us so proud last year [got a nice comfy seat to watch from this year though]
Old 5 Feb 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2826034)   #3
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Will the SC driver be eligible for any of those prizes?
I'll look forward to meeting up again with all of the boys and girls who did us so proud last year [got a nice comfy seat to watch from this year though]
That depends how much work you do. Not going to give you a prize for having a kip for 6 hours!
Old 5 Feb 2011, 09:08 (Ref:2826050)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will have to wait and see how everyone behaves and how well the cars have been prepped.
Looking forward to it though,should be a fantastic day!
Old 5 Feb 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2826109)   #5
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I volunteered for this one thru the 360MRC form on Julian's website a few days ago - but have realised that I got no confirmation for it... am looking forward to it though, will be my first visit to Snetterton. And my first endurance race.
I'm bringing my teeny-tiny Lego Lola to join in with the Gulf livery collection, too
Old 5 Feb 2011, 13:46 (Ref:2826153)   #6
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I volunteered for this one thru the 360MRC form on Julian's website a few days ago - but have realised that I got no confirmation for it... am looking forward to it though, will be my first visit to Snetterton.
Greem, Consider it as confirmed! Marshals info / Tickets will come out nearer the time.

Will be great to see you there - thanks again for your support

Terry
Old 5 Feb 2011, 21:10 (Ref:2826297)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
We will have to wait and see how everyone behaves and how well the cars have been prepped.
Looking forward to it though,should be a fantastic day!
If it's like last year take a pillow and quilt with you.
Old 5 Feb 2011, 23:07 (Ref:2826337)   #8
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Don't worry Tim, Mr Bower will have no time for a pillow & quilt...........we'll keep him wide awake........as I sure he knows from past experience!!
Old 6 Feb 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2826452)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Terry,I'll be sitting there like a coiled spring,just waiting for 'the word'.
Tim,did you not know that the SC has air con? it comes on when the engines running.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2826478)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Terry,I'll be sitting there like a coiled spring,just waiting for 'the word'.
Tim,did you not know that the SC has air con? it comes on when the engines running.
I did know that but I was sitting with an eco warrior who didn't want the engine running but insisted on leaving the ignition on which then flattened the battery.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 16:26 (Ref:2826705)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I did know that but I was sitting with an eco warrior who didn't want the engine running but insisted on leaving the ignition on which then flattened the battery.

I'm afraid that if Chris,my observer was of a similar mind,he'd be sitting trackside! Eco warrior involved in motorsport? Am I missing something!
Old 6 Feb 2011, 16:57 (Ref:2826726)   #12
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elaine and I wouldn't miss this for the world. See you all there.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 18:39 (Ref:2826801)   #13
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just started to look in to my dates today and this should fit in just perfectly. need to go thru what i can / can't have as holiday at work then the forms will start flowing in. if i remember i'll bring my Aston LMP1 a la Gulf too
Old 7 Feb 2011, 13:24 (Ref:2827229)   #14
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
just started to look in to my dates today and this should fit in just perfectly. need to go thru what i can / can't have as holiday at work then the forms will start flowing in. if i remember i'll bring my Aston LMP1 a la Gulf too
If you are coming Steve, we need to touch base on a car share with Mr Kelly too I hope. Will make it a road trip to remember! Cant wait to see snetterton again, after all its only been about 39 years since I was last there.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2827238)   #15
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have put my name down for this one
Old 7 Feb 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2827277)   #16
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
For anyone who's still undecided, ask those who were there last Augist - we all had a great day and April 30th will be even better.
....and if you weren't at the Snetterton Training Day, I'll just reiterate that you are actively encoraged to wave ALL the flags on the slowing down lap - it's even in the regulations this year!
Old 7 Feb 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2827452)   #17
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice touch!
Old 7 Feb 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2827460)   #18
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Do I look like an octopus John?!
Old 7 Feb 2011, 22:47 (Ref:2827486)   #19
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89 View Post
If you are coming Steve, we need to touch base on a car share with Mr Kelly too I hope. Will make it a road trip to remember! Cant wait to see snetterton again, after all its only been about 39 years since I was last there.
So that looks like 3 of coming down from the frozen north then . I'll see if i can get my son Tom to marshal as well, that could well be his first meeting this year.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 7 Feb 2011, 23:07 (Ref:2827496)   #20
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
No but it could lead us into the old joke about sweeping the track at the same time and where do you put the broom etc etc
Old 7 Feb 2011, 23:12 (Ref:2827498)   #21
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Not at this moment Nick but at approx 18.27 on the 30th you could be doing a very good impression of one - after all you have benefitted from the best team's training over the years!!

Thanks also to Hepatic, C9/89 and the Kelly team for giving us your support too - will be great to have you with us for this meeting Think you will be surprised when you see the new circuit!

Terry
Old 7 Feb 2011, 23:20 (Ref:2827504)   #22
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Watson View Post
I have put my name down for this one
Dean,

Many thanks also for your support - hope you can bring the rest of the Cadwell tottie and mafia with you!

Terry
Old 14 Mar 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2845361)   #23
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Special Guest

Hello all,

I wanted to share a bit of news with you first, the brave folk in orange out on the bank etc as without you, as we all know, we could not have this great sport of ours and we would all be confined to dreaming about these cars rather than actually watching them in action. On top of that, we (360) acknowledge that last year, we stood outside Race Control and were overwhelmed by the support you gave us and hopefully continue to give us, all we can really say is THANK YOU.

Anyway, The 360 as you know sprung from an idea on this wonderful site and although the idea was original, the concept was not, because one word kept croping up everytime we spoke about this event. "Willhire".
Several "just like the Willhire" and "I remember the Willhire" etc etc .

For those of you new to Marshalling or indeed motorsport in general firstly welcome, secondly I should give you a brief history of The Willhire 24 Hour. It was an endurance race for production cars. It was held at Snetterton between the years of 1980 and 1994.

The reason why it was called the "Willhire" was because it was sponsored by Willhire Vehicles Rentals, that was owned by Roger Williams. who joked about sponsoring a 6 hour event or maybe a 24 hour event and the BRSCC took him up on the offer!! The 1989 event, to mark 25th anniversary of the formation of Willhire (and maybe the tenth running of the event itself) was extended to 25 hours long and, to this day, is still the longest closed circuit endurance race ever run. (I will come back to that race in a bit)

Now, this event is fondly remembered by Marshals, Spectators and Competitors alike and the whole essence of that event is what we are trying to capture at 360, so, that got me thinking....What happened to Roger?

Well, I am pleased to say, he is alive and well and as some of you may know, successfully building beautiful SS100 Jaguars with SUFFOLK JAGUAR, I spoke to him this morning and he has gratefully accepted our invitation for him to come along to the 360 as our guest. We think its rather fitting for him to be there for without him, we would not have had an inspiration to work to, a goal to try and reach. I am personally over the moon he is coming and it only adds to this event becoming a really great show. On the telephone this morning he said "I have heard of your event, but not alot about it, however, I do know Snetterton quite well"...which we both found quite funny. He is a local hero in my eyes and I hope you will join us in welcoming him on 30th April

I will go back to the 1989 race, it was won by a cosworth and that cosworth will also be at the 360!, it is a world record holder as I said.

Just a recap, 1 x 30 min race for Sports Racers and GT's and Saloons, reps or not. FORC with 50-60 Static cars and also some demonstration cars, Iconic ex Le Mans cars, The GULF record attempt with anything from a robin three wheeler to a GULF lorry! Radio Le Mans providing commentary with Hindy and the Le Mans team, and the greatest little 360 minutes at the HOME of Endurance Racing in England...basically....endurance Racing ...as it should be

You better be there!!

Thanks
Claire
Old 14 Mar 2011, 18:19 (Ref:2845690)   #24
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i grew up in Norfolk and spent many days at Snet as a spectator with my family. I remember the cossie's during the night of the 24hrs especially - the belch of flame from the overrun as they changed down coming in to russell lighting up the backend so much that you could still make out the sponsors. Those events, along with the Alfa era days of BTCC sealed my love of motorsports and i've never looked back. Its fantastic to hear you have Roger attending, really looking forward to a great day of racing and the start of summer weather to go with it
Old 20 Mar 2011, 19:10 (Ref:2850172)   #25
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
The new 300

Well, what can I say.

It was great to be at the official opening of the new 300 circuit this weekend and I would just like to say a big thank you to all of the Marshals who made both my Race Director and I very welcome. I think what MSV have done is exactly what they said they would do and I congratulate them on it,

From several people who I had the pleasure to speak to on Saturday, the overwhelming opinion was one of approval, some of the drivers just loved it, and the viewing is soooo much better, but more importantly, as many said, if you look back over five six years ago, a lot of people thought that Snetterton had had its day and that, it would not be long before it was a lorry park on the A11. Well THANK $%^& they were wrong and that MSV, be it JP or whoever had the vision to invest in it. I think its reached a turning point very much for the better, I think it will become one of the great circuits in this country (as I thought it already was actually...but im bias) and I am proud that we (360) will be one of the first clubs to use it.

Well done MSV

Nice touch naming one of the corners after the Clerk of the Course who ran the first race on it....so urban myth has it!!! lol

See you all on the 30th April!!! CANT WAIT

ta
Claire