Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Mar 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3041475)   #126
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
In Argentinian Turismo Careterra the Torino brand has been racing for decades without any corresponding street cars being sold, so I don't see too much of a problem with that for TTA - if Flash can find other sponsors and doesn't depend on whatever money might come from manufacturer (or more realistically: dealer) backing, more power to him.

Beautiful cars, can't wait to see it in a proper race livery.
Old 23 Mar 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3047011)   #127
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some pictures of the Saab testing in France. http://saablog-in.blogspot.de/2012/0...la-9-3-de.html
Old 23 Mar 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3047017)   #128
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting. You can see right through the car, there's no firewall like in the Meganes.
Old 23 Mar 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3047024)   #129
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The car in the background at picture 2 I'm guessing is the BMW of WCR?
Old 23 Mar 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3047034)   #130
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
I don't think it's a TTA car?
Old 23 Mar 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3047042)   #131
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Interesting. You can see right through the car, there's no firewall like in the Meganes.
There is, but it has a big window in it. You can see it in picture 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
That's another Solution F bodykit for their 'Astra' chassis: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotovan...4979/lightbox/
Old 23 Mar 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3047045)   #132
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I assume it's the Solution-F with custom made body from Dutch Supercar Challenge:
http://www.supercarchallenge.nl/nl/s...art_number=221
Old 23 Mar 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3047158)   #133
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saab in action @Ales/France http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=glhQU06v37k
Old 23 Mar 2012, 17:21 (Ref:3047181)   #134
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whatever you think about the Saab TTA car, it has tongues waggling and for a new series that is important. Personally, I think it's a bit silly. I wonder how out of date it will look and what little funding will be found after 2012.
Old 23 Mar 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3047257)   #135
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I love the fake 4-door styling on the SAAB and the way the real door opens half way down the fake door. Can't decide if it's a work of genius or sad reflection on a silhouette formula trying to be something it's not.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 10:26 (Ref:3050775)   #136
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Viktor Hallrup will drive for Brovallen. http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=7368

Hallrup isn't bad but it's not really a top-class signing is it? So far I'd say Brovallen looks the weakest of the four teams.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3057339)   #137
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Viktor Hallrup will drive for Brovallen. http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=7368

Hallrup isn't bad but it's not really a top-class signing is it? So far I'd say Brovallen looks the weakest of the four teams.
Speaking of weakest, Citroën now spits fire and says they have nothing to do with Brovallen's car:

http://www.cisionwire.se/citroen/r/c...i-tta,c9245312

They even use the term "trademark infringement" in the press release. That's a fun piece of news to have land in your lap four weeks from the premiere.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 19:23 (Ref:3057345)   #138
Tiny
Rookie

Sweden
Tiny has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Seams wierd that they did not ask Citroen?
How come the TTA-teams get into these kind of trouble?
I hope there will be no further problems with this...

Like a sandboxwar for children.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3057357)   #139
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
any news on tv coverage? only 4 weeks to go and still nothing is a bad sign.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3057384)   #140
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
Speaking of weakest, Citroën now spits fire and says they have nothing to do with Brovallen's car:

http://www.cisionwire.se/citroen/r/c...i-tta,c9245312

They even use the term "trademark infringement" in the press release. That's a fun piece of news to have land in your lap four weeks from the premiere.
Almost screams "V8 Star", but 3/4 of the manufacturers are endorsing the TTA series.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3057404)   #141
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Seams wierd that they did not ask Citroen?
How come the TTA-teams get into these kind of trouble?
I hope there will be no further problems with this...

Like a sandboxwar for children.
It's embarrassing to watch. Just the Porsche Cup story is crazy, TTA did wrong when opening up for newer cars in Porsche Challenge and God knows why it took Porsche so long to end the contract. They've had since end of 2011 to do it...

And no word on TV coverage yet.

I'm still an STCC fan, BUT I honestly wouldn't be happy if all this meant serious problems for TTA. It would be sad if the Swedish motorsport industry would suffer from credibility issues from manufacturers and sponsors. The Citroen story might just be "a fart in space" but just the mentioning of "trademark infringement" from Citroen themselves doesn't sound good . I just wonder how on earth the Citroen C5 TTA prototype with a lot of Citroen logos on it found it's way into an official Citroen stand at the Swedish rally championship finale if Citroen was so negative towards TTA?
Old 11 Apr 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3057406)   #142
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Almost screams "V8 Star", but 3/4 of the manufacturers are endorsing the TTA series.
A quick overview paints not such a rosy picture.

Volvo - In it to the max. And spending a lot of money.
BMW - Swedish importer is in. Big BMW? We haven't seen the car yet, and we still don't know if it'll be allowed to carry the BMW badge.
Volkswagen - Backing STCC with the big bucks, bringing Porsche along
Chevrolet - STCC
Honda - STCC
SEAT - Nominally backing STCC but not with any cash
Saab - Doesn't exist for the moment
Citroën - Heavily dissing TTA

Volvo will be hoping WCR gets to race with BMW logos, or they will be very lonely indeed.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3057456)   #143
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettersson View Post
I just wonder how on earth the Citroen C5 TTA prototype with a lot of Citroen logos on it found it's way into an official Citroen stand at the Swedish rally championship finale if Citroen was so negative towards TTA?
Didn't it even have Citroen dealers team stickers on it or something like that?
Old 11 Apr 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3057473)   #144
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Didn't it even have Citroen dealers team stickers on it or something like that?
http://ttagroup.se/galleri/bilder/8/

While the gallery is still up. My dad kept saying time and time again that it was important that it said "Citroën Dealer Team - TTA Concept Car", turns out he was right.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 22:35 (Ref:3057487)   #145
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correction from my previous post: The prototype was on display at the first round of the 2012 Swedish Rally Championship, not the 2011 finale.

According to an article in the automotive magazine and TTA media partner "Teknikens Värld", the press release was just to clarify that it's not some kind of works effort. Tobias Johansson at brovalen says that about 20 Citroen delaers are in this project so far. Citroen Sweden/Citroen Sport will not take any legal actions since it's "up to every Citroen to do what they want with the car they've just bought".

But is it the same if you construct something on your own and not based on something you bought from Citroen?

Further on, the article says that it's up to the dealers themselves to do what they want since they are independent. Citroen says they have nothing against Brovallen, TTA or racing and if they win it's fun anyway.

I wonder why they wrote so aggressively in the press release?

Last edited by Pettersson; 11 Apr 2012 at 22:54.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3057510)   #146
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettersson View Post
Correction from my previous post: The prototype was on display at the first round of the 2012 Swedish Rally Championship, not the 2011 finale.

According to an article in the automotive magazine and TTA media partner "Teknikens Värld", the press release was just to clarify that it's not some kind of works effort. Tobias Johansson at brovalen says that about 20 Citroen delaers are in this project so far. Citroen Sweden/Citroen Sport will not take any legal actions since it's "up to every Citroen to do what they want with the car they've just bought".

But is it the same if you construct something on your own and not based on something you bought from Citroen?

Further on, the article says that it's up to the dealers themselves to do what they want since they are independent. Citroen says they have nothing against Brovallen, TTA or racing and if they win it's fun anyway.

I wonder why they wrote so aggressively in the press release?
TTA Media partner. It is very strange indeed, and it is too bad there's no real respectable motorsport reporters around to clarify. We'll see what the next few days bring. The press release quotes the MD not souding all too chuffed so you wouldn't think the air is cleared just yet.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 10:30 (Ref:3057734)   #147
Tiny
Rookie

Sweden
Tiny has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Further more it is pretty strange that teh two Citroen officials says two different things. Its OK to buy a Citroen and modify it so much that its hardly a Citroen anymore and then race with the car but Citroen will not support!?!?
What messege is given to the customers?

Why allow something that you do not support?

Well we will see about this.
I think there is alot of strange things going on.
TTA WILL HAPPEN that is clear , and i think it will be good.
But at least i wounder if they have all things right in the head to get them selfs into this talk everytime.

Maybe its the plan to get people to talk for all we know
Old 12 Apr 2012, 10:57 (Ref:3057743)   #148
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
any news on tv coverage? only 4 weeks to go and still nothing is a bad sign.
Indeed. I hope Viasat picks it up for Sweden. Then again Viasat just renewed their NASCAR Sprint Cup contract (and added full coverage of the NASCAR CampingWorld Truck Series in the process), which I suspect wasn't exactly cheap, so they might not be too eager to spend too much additional money right now.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3058599)   #149
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
A quick overview paints not such a rosy picture.

Volvo - In it to the max. And spending a lot of money.
BMW - Swedish importer is in. Big BMW? We haven't seen the car yet, and we still don't know if it'll be allowed to carry the BMW badge.
Volkswagen - Backing STCC with the big bucks, bringing Porsche along
Chevrolet - STCC
Honda - STCC
SEAT - Nominally backing STCC but not with any cash
Saab - Doesn't exist for the moment
Citroën - Heavily dissing TTA

Volvo will be hoping WCR gets to race with BMW logos, or they will be very lonely indeed.
I actually see some potential for a serious PR disaster for TTA. What if, Volvo spends large chunks of money in order to "improve" their S60. Money, which Flash, WCR and Brovallen don't have in such quantities. So the big debut season might end up with one manufacturer dominating. Or with one "real" manufacturer appearing on the grid...
Old 14 Apr 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3058834)   #150
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I don't see that happen. It's a spec chassis/engine and I assume testing is limited.