Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Pick the champions!
Audi Sport Team Joest 79 50.32%
Toyota Racing 42 26.75%
Porsche 31 19.75%
Rebellion Racing 2 1.27%
OAK Racing 1 0.64%
The other guys... 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Apr 2014, 03:35 (Ref:3398340)   #826
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
GTE BOP Adjustments for Spa

991 RSR +25kg
Vantage GTE -15kg

The adjustments are applicable for both GTE-Pro and GTE-Am. No changes to 997 RSRs or 2012 Vantage.
The latter weren't really necessary, from what little I've seen of the race. However, the new gen Vantage is definitely in need of a boost to get it onto Ferrari level, and Porsche needs some reigning in. So all in all, it gets a thumbs up from me.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 06:45 (Ref:3398366)   #827
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I dont know if 100% but the 2014 version of the Aston is near the same as last year. I cant tell any differences, nothing like the Porsche or C7R.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3398394)   #828
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
According to autosport G-drive racing will run Ligier coupe lmp2 from Le Mans onwards.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 09:49 (Ref:3398400)   #829
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
According to autosport G-drive racing will run Ligier coupe lmp2 from Le Mans onwards.
It will be good to see it actually race rather and just shots of it testing
Old 26 Apr 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3398432)   #830
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
The article doesn't say that - it says they will run the Ligier for the final five races of the year, which is CoTA onwards.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113634
Old 26 Apr 2014, 12:29 (Ref:3398440)   #831
Pandemonium
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The article doesn't say that - it says they will run the Ligier for the final five races of the year, which is CoTA onwards.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113634
hmm not sure but hey whatever it is. IT IS GREAT NEWS!!
Old 26 Apr 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3398451)   #832
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.rachf1.com/4/post/2014/04...1-drivers.html
A look at all the former F1 drivers in the WEC!
Old 26 Apr 2014, 17:32 (Ref:3398481)   #833
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The feeder series provides a good training ground
Old 26 Apr 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3398487)   #834
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Ha HAA ..... super comment !
Old 26 Apr 2014, 18:15 (Ref:3398493)   #835
Pandemonium
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just Great . Maybe things will change
Old 26 Apr 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3398496)   #836
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ahaha how funny! I mean seriously, who coud ever get tired of hearing that joke after 40,000 repeats and counting! I'm looking forward of mr Goodwin saying it over and over, and over and over, and over and over again come Le Mans! It's so true too, like totally! There is literally no way it would annoy anyone!

Old 26 Apr 2014, 18:35 (Ref:3398497)   #837
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
It would be more accurate to say that the WEC is F1's graveyard, but that doesn't quite have the same ring to it...
Old 26 Apr 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3398502)   #838
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DTM is the real post F1 graveyard, WEC is more like standing in front of unemployment office's front door.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 18:53 (Ref:3398503)   #839
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know, to me DTM and sportscars are both a former F1 drivers graveyard and a limbo for GP2 drivers unable to jump in F1.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 19:15 (Ref:3398508)   #840
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I honestly don't care where they're coming from or what their backstory is. As long as they can provide fast, fair and clean racing, I'll be happy.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3398512)   #841
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It is good that F1 fans are now looking in the sportscar forum, perhaps we might tempt them to give this form of racing a chance and they might just like it, like everything else there are numerous ways to go racing and just because you like one form of racing does not mean that you can;t enjoy others
Old 26 Apr 2014, 19:47 (Ref:3398515)   #842
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I've found with things that annoy me a really good solution is to not watch them. So far it's been really effective; I've been spared Britain's Got Talent and the Daily Mail.

Sportscar racing in 2014 is genuinely fantastic, for those of you that think otherwise I am told there are other forms of entertainment available.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 20:29 (Ref:3398526)   #843
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Sportscar racing in general is so much better then F1, not only for the public we can get much closer without spending too much money but also the suspense is way better.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3398528)   #844
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I've found with things that annoy me a really good solution is to not watch them. So far it's been really effective; I've been spared Britain's Got Talent and the Daily Mail.

Sportscar racing in 2014 is genuinely fantastic, for those of you that think otherwise I am told there are other forms of entertainment available.
I'm not sure how any of this relates to what was discussed earlier, but okay.

Just because I don't agree with the feeder series statement or how this series is seen by outsiders doesn't mean I don't love (certain areas of) sportscar racing.

Besides if I want to watch Le Mans with RLM feed I have to endure the constant remarks of that tired old joke, whether I want or not. Alternatively I can of course listen to Carlton Kirby, but you know (thankfully they have rotating shifts)
Old 26 Apr 2014, 20:50 (Ref:3398531)   #845
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's possible to like both. It's possible to like neither.

I don't really enjoy the 'feeder series' jibes either. But they come from people in the industry who are passionate about sportscars and are happy that it is not currently in the doldrums.

It's not like having ex-F1 talent in sportscars is anything new. Let's just enjoy what we have. No need for any 'us vs them' mentality.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 21:10 (Ref:3398534)   #846
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It's possible to like both. It's possible to like neither.

I don't really enjoy the 'feeder series' jibes either. But they come from people in the industry who are passionate about sportscars and are happy that it is not currently in the doldrums.

It's not like having ex-F1 talent in sportscars is anything new. Let's just enjoy what we have. No need for any 'us vs them' mentality.
But that's exactly what it does. From an outsider's perspective (after all, the stated aim of Fillion/Neveu is to draw in new fans) it looks like we're trying to one-up F1 in any way possible. For anyone familiar with Manchester City FC before their takeover, they used to sell commemorative mugs/shirts whenever they beat Manchester United, whilst they were struggling at the bottom of the league. I see this feeder series joke in the same way - congratulating ourselves for little victories against a "rival" that likely couldn't give a hoot.

I believe that sportscar racing is plenty good enough to find its own place in the motorsport world, without having to define itself in terms of F1. I would hope that people in the industry agree with this.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3398555)   #847
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
But that's exactly what it does. From an outsider's perspective (after all, the stated aim of Fillion/Neveu is to draw in new fans) it looks like we're trying to one-up F1 in any way possible. For anyone familiar with Manchester City FC before their takeover, they used to sell commemorative mugs/shirts whenever they beat Manchester United, whilst they were struggling at the bottom of the league. I see this feeder series joke in the same way - congratulating ourselves for little victories against a "rival" that likely couldn't give a hoot.

I believe that sportscar racing is plenty good enough to find its own place in the motorsport world, without having to define itself in terms of F1. I would hope that people in the industry agree with this.
Perfect sum-up, pretty much my exact feelings.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3398562)   #848
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Didn't think that this was something the WEC could be criticised for. It's a running joke, and no more...you don't have to listen to much RLM content to realise that a number of the team love and adore F1 as much as anyone.

Fair enough if you don't find the joke funny, I don't either FWIW but it's so clearly no more than that. Plenty enjoy RLM's more sideways look at things and so running jokes are going to be part of that. Are we going to have calls to stop Bertrand Baguette being called Berty Breadstick?

The criticism of the series is getting more and more creative.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 22:40 (Ref:3398563)   #849
Deleted
Veteran

They are the official international TV commentary feed for the series so their words should be in line wÃ*th the series. Cheap joke or not, it seems unprofessional to me to keep going on and on about it on live TV broadcasts. Things like twitter and Midweek Motorsport are different, I mean I personally don't like seeing that unfunny thing repeated there either but those sources are not directly linked with the series in question so that's not such a problem

Last edited by Deleted; 26 Apr 2014 at 22:47.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 23:51 (Ref:3398570)   #850
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Didn't think that this was something the WEC could be criticised for. It's a running joke, and no more...you don't have to listen to much RLM content to realise that a number of the team love and adore F1 as much as anyone.

Fair enough if you don't find the joke funny, I don't either FWIW but it's so clearly no more than that. Plenty enjoy RLM's more sideways look at things and so running jokes are going to be part of that. Are we going to have calls to stop Bertrand Baguette being called Berty Breadstick?

The criticism of the series is getting more and more creative.
"A number of the team" (3 at most) do love F1, but crucially Hindhaugh, the main commentator on RLM/WEC stream, isn't one of them. So the impression this figurative new fan is going to take is one of some bitterness towards F1 on the part of the sportscar establishment.

The difference between "feeder series" and Baguette/Alberquerque/etc. is that none of these jokes are intended to mock their targets. Honestly, I don't think Hindhaugh and Goodwin really want to put F1 down at every opportunity, but that's what it sounds like to the newcomer.

And unfortunately, some people are starting to use the running joke as a standard response to the mere mention of ex-F1 drivers in sportscars. I suppose this is where my real criticism lies.