Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Oct 2008, 22:52 (Ref:2315517)   #101
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
again
Old 18 Oct 2008, 22:53 (Ref:2315518)   #102
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reminds me of a GTR2 race I did where the AI didn't work properly and caused massive accidents on every restart, bringing out another safety car every time.
Old 18 Oct 2008, 23:20 (Ref:2315523)   #103
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
51 laps. 90 minutes, and six cautions...

I know the reasons behind all this in the US but really are all of these so necessary?

It often makes for great races - Road America and PLM this year spring to mind, but to my tired European mind, I wish we could have a bit more green flag running.

Heaven alone knows what I'd do without Hindy's passion to keep me awake.
Old 18 Oct 2008, 23:29 (Ref:2315525)   #104
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
51 laps. 90 minutes, and six cautions...

I know the reasons behind all this in the US but really are all of these so necessary?

It often makes for great races - Road America and PLM this year spring to mind, but to my tired European mind, I wish we could have a bit more green flag running.

Heaven alone knows what I'd do without Hindy's passion to keep me awake.
If you know the reasons then why are you asking if it is necessary? They can't remove the cars from the gravel traps (frakking bikes) while the cars are at speed on the track. I agree that it is ridiculous that there are so many but that is result of the bike traps!!

L.P.
Old 18 Oct 2008, 23:50 (Ref:2315534)   #105
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Fair Horndawg

It's more an expression of frustration at reality than anger.

That said, when we're so often told about the level to which the LMS has backing etc why not have the facilities to readily clear cars that in Europe would be local yellows rather than always throwing the full course one?

All rhetorical obviously, but at a place like Laguna Seca it remains a fair question.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 00:03 (Ref:2315539)   #106
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fair Horndawg

It's more an expression of frustration at reality than anger.

That said, when we're so often told about the level to which the LMS has backing etc why not have the facilities to readily clear cars that in Europe would be local yellows rather than always throwing the full course one?

All rhetorical obviously, but at a place like Laguna Seca it remains a fair question.
The difference is that in Europe the trackside marshals extract drivers from cars, remove debris from the track and clear vehicles from places of danger.

In America, they just wave flags.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 00:09 (Ref:2315541)   #107
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
The difference is that in Europe the trackside marshals extract drivers from cars, remove debris from the track and clear vehicles from places of danger.

In America, they just wave flags.
Horse manure!

L.P.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 00:28 (Ref:2315549)   #108
Aerodynamic
Rookie

Aerodynamic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
something is up.......how did Mowlem lose a lap? He was 50 secs back when the last safety car came out so why wasn't he waved by!? He didn't pit or anything so there is no way he should have lost a lap.....someone explain!
Old 19 Oct 2008, 01:36 (Ref:2315565)   #109
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10 minutes left to go
Old 19 Oct 2008, 03:20 (Ref:2315594)   #110
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anyone have any idea what the "LPLS" note on the live timing on scoring for the ECO Radical means?
The car started the race at the end of the field, but on track - not from pit lane.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 04:28 (Ref:2315606)   #111
chewymonster
Veteran

Great 1/2 for Audis. It didn't look like they would be able to do it for quite some time. Possibly a great send off for the R10.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 08:34 (Ref:2315671)   #112
peckadj
Racer

peckadj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodynamic
something is up.......how did Mowlem lose a lap? He was 50 secs back when the last safety car came out so why wasn't he waved by!? He didn't pit or anything so there is no way he should have lost a lap.....someone explain!
well he was 40 sec behind when the saftycar left the track but after that he lost 5-10 sec every lap (he laptimes was 1.15-1.25....) so it did not take many laps before he was lapped. after that, i dont know why he wasn't waved by but it didn't matter cos the last pitstop was 3.30 and his laptimes was sometimes secs slower then the gt1 cars. i hope they can use michelin next year
Old 19 Oct 2008, 18:23 (Ref:2316076)   #113
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Can anyone tell how Albers did in his first outing ( without any testing ) in the Audi #1?
Old 19 Oct 2008, 19:50 (Ref:2316144)   #114
Bora Lab
Rookie

United States
Tampa, FL
Bora Lab should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ECO

So does anyone know what happened to the Radical. I didnt hear anything about it on NBC but I turned it on 30 minutes into the broadcast.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 19:54 (Ref:2316148)   #115
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Busted a CV joint. Replaced the half shaft and went back out. Don't know why they weren't running at the end, but they were over 100 laps down.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2316152)   #116
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Busted a CV joint. Replaced the half shaft and went back out. Don't know why they weren't running at the end, but they were over 100 laps down.
Bummer
Old 19 Oct 2008, 20:04 (Ref:2316158)   #117
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Also, in warmup they turned a 1:23.4. Fastest race lap for them was a 1:26.671.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 20:47 (Ref:2316186)   #118
chewymonster
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster
Can anyone tell how Albers did in his first outing ( without any testing ) in the Audi #1?
Not too good imo. From the looks of it he just couldn't pass the Corsa, and was somewhat slower than the other Audi. But I am talking less than half a second slower.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 21:14 (Ref:2316215)   #119
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still sad that Emanuele didnt get his victory, after his spectacular move.

I am not to sure about the choice of Albers.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 23:35 (Ref:2316278)   #120
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Makes me wish PLM was the end of the season, just leaves me wanting so much after the most ridiculous coverage of any event ever. Was a great race if you were there I'm sure but I'm left with that empty feeling of no more races for another 5 months?
As for the ECO, sorry to say I dont remember NBC mentioning it, or the Zytek or Creation. Dont remember even seeing the Mazda except for at the start and that was cause it was the only roof in the protos.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 23:35 (Ref:2316279)   #121
Piratedred
Rookie

United States
Georgia
Piratedred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is it that in Braselton GA., home of the ALMS and IMSA, we can not see tape delayed races from the American Lemans series. ALMS wants to know why Grand Am has the TV ratings that they do. It's because GA is the only road racing we can see for the whole season.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 23:56 (Ref:2316287)   #122
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Makes me wish PLM was the end of the season, just leaves me wanting so much after the most ridiculous coverage of any event ever. Was a great race if you were there I'm sure but I'm left with that empty feeling of no more races for another 5 months?
As for the ECO, sorry to say I dont remember NBC mentioning it, or the Zytek or Creation. Dont remember even seeing the Mazda except for at the start and that was cause it was the only roof in the protos.
I was out of town yesterday and held out from looking online to see who won, just so I could watch the race. But that was the worst coverage I have ever seen of a sporting event! You would think with showing the race in half the time, you would actually get some editing to make it enjoyable, but no. NBC should be ashamed for their effort.
On the bright side, Sebring is 5 months away!
Old 19 Oct 2008, 23:59 (Ref:2316290)   #123
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ouch, Farnbacher Loles was dq'd after inspection found ride height too low.

But that means PTG finished on the podium!
Old 20 Oct 2008, 00:03 (Ref:2316293)   #124
Mr Zippy
Rookie

Australia
Mr Zippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone advise why Dirk Werner has been relegated to last in the final results. He appeared to be third in GT2 in the initial results, which have now been revised and show him at the bottom of the list. Was this car disqualified. Nothing was mentioned in the results press release.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 00:07 (Ref:2316295)   #125
Mr Zippy
Rookie

Australia
Mr Zippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Joeb, your post came up as I sent mine. This answers my question.