Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 20 Oct 2008, 01:18 (Ref:2316316)   #126
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice Ferrari 1-2 for you lovers of the prancing horse.

DK
Old 20 Oct 2008, 02:55 (Ref:2316356)   #127
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zippy
Can anyone advise why Dirk Werner has been relegated to last in the final results. He appeared to be third in GT2 in the initial results, which have now been revised and show him at the bottom of the list. Was this car disqualified. Nothing was mentioned in the results press release.
You always look here for the official results (which have the reason too) - http://www.imsaracing.net/
Old 20 Oct 2008, 08:44 (Ref:2316471)   #128
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymonster
Not too good imo. From the looks of it he just couldn't pass the Corsa, and was somewhat slower than the other Audi. But I am talking less than half a second slower.
Isn't being within half a second of experienced factory-drivers in a car you've hardly driven on a track you've never visited pretty good? Don't get me wrong, I'm no Albers fanboy, but I can't call that 'not too good'.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 18:11 (Ref:2316860)   #129
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Isn't being within half a second of experienced factory-drivers in a car you've hardly driven on a track you've never visited pretty good? Don't get me wrong, I'm no Albers fanboy, but I can't call that 'not too good'.
Maybe he was a bit slower than 1/2 second, but from listening to the race/watching live timing and scoring, it felt like he was the "weaker" than the other Audi driver in the first stint.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 19:26 (Ref:2316920)   #130
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe he was a bit slower than 1/2 second, but from listening to the race/watching live timing and scoring, it felt like he was the "weaker" than the other Audi driver in the first stint.
Hmm, first time in the car in anger and he kept up and allowed Pirro to get the lead. WTF? Unless he leads the race his whole stint he must be lacking!?

L.P.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 21:50 (Ref:2317054)   #131
porsche45
Racer

United States
porsche45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratedred
Why is it that in Braselton GA., home of the ALMS and IMSA, we can not see tape delayed races from the American Lemans series. ALMS wants to know why Grand Am has the TV ratings that they do. It's because GA is the only road racing we can see for the whole season.
Umm, if you watched NBC Sunday, you would have seen a tape delayed race.
GA does NOT have great TV ratings, check it out. You can also see the whole season of ALMS, Every race is broadcast.
BTW, GA has NA$CoT money behind it... remember? And not ALL of the GA races are live. But then, you're just trolling...
Old 20 Oct 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2317066)   #132
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Of course he was weaker. He made his competition debut in that car on a track he was unfamiliar with Not exactly a suprise he was slower I'd say.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 22:35 (Ref:2317092)   #133
wills
Racer

wills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MotorsTV broadcasted it on Monday night and they also had the NBC stream(yes I held back from visiting this thread til now!). My word that was one the best racing I've seen mixed with the worst broadcasting as well. I mean why do they cut away every time there was an intense battle going for the overall lead to just cut back to a safety car period?! I don't want to see safety car periods - I want to see those 15-20 laps of Pagenaud all over Pirro which they just skimmed through. SpeedTV did an infinite better job of this event last year.

Bottom line - leave the ALMS to channels which actually value motor racing. Can't wait til next year with flag to flag coverage with RLM. Just peeved that I've gotta wait 5 months til Sebring - thats agony after the racing I've seen today.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 23:34 (Ref:2317116)   #134
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Of course he was weaker. He made his competition debut in that car on a track he was unfamiliar with Not exactly a suprise he was slower I'd say.
At the same time, I'm not really sure he was as strong as Fassler on debut. Not bad, by any means, and not necessarily helped by debuting on a track less suited to the R10, but it was scarcely a stunner from a man who came, unlike Marcel, from F1 (which many drivers have likened the downforce experience of ACO P cars to). I think he will be decent, don't get me wrong, but I would rather see him in DTM and Fassler full-time in protos.

Anyone know whether Albers, like Fassler, had tested the R10 at all before Laguna?
Old 21 Oct 2008, 08:15 (Ref:2317321)   #135
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Anyone know whether Albers, like Fassler, had tested the R10 at all before Laguna?
He did a few laps of Zandvoort I think, this year before the DTM race.

Tom.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 09:51 (Ref:2317401)   #136
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Ummmmmm....who was it 25 years ago that said to...ummmm....(who was it?).... in response to ...ummmm...(who was it?)....

Oh yeah....one A.J. Foyt, to Preston Henn at the '83 24 of Daytona, in response to Bob Wolleks rant (with which I agreed at the time, I was there, btw)....
"I'm a race driver. It's a race car"

jimclark
Old 21 Oct 2008, 16:25 (Ref:2317683)   #137
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Of course he next asked, 'How many gears does this thing have?" Gawd that was a cold miserable weekend...
Old 23 Oct 2008, 01:22 (Ref:2318692)   #138
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ouch. The overnight rating for the NBC broadcast was 0.4.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 02:24 (Ref:2318712)   #139
mpme
Rookie

United States
CA
mpme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danske
what stood out most was the absolute lack of understanding of the cars, series, drivers, and anything else below the top of the surface by the two hosts. the pit reporters were the only voices of expertise and they weren't used nearly enough.

you could tell the hosts had no other choice but to treat it like a nascar race -- the only thing they know of -- it sure felt like it by the way they called it.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 03:13 (Ref:2318732)   #140
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Except that Bill Weber couldn't be forced to actually put down the mirror and actually look at either the track or the monitors...
Old 23 Oct 2008, 17:17 (Ref:2319241)   #141
porsche45
Racer

United States
From another chat room:
"Well, I finally had a chance to sit and watch it all last night. Negative: Bill and Wally and everyone else with a mic and a NBC firesuit,(except Calvin, see below). Bad cut-away timing (especially since they edited it). Didn't show much (any?) of the GT race. 4 hours edited to less than 2.
Positive: Didn't show a lot of yellow laps (since they edited it), Calvin, Calvin, Calvin. The ONLY smart thing to come out of Bill's mouth was when he was throwing it to Calvin."
Old 23 Oct 2008, 17:24 (Ref:2319249)   #142
wills
Racer

wills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just pi$$ed off when the prototypes are really battling and then in the middle of it they cut to the caution period. Any broadcaster who does that should be banned from airing motorsports period(can't believe they still have rights to show a few races next year). It was a bad idea in the first place to air a 4 hour race in under 2 hour slot(especially the finale at Laguna where its hard racing for most of the race).

At least I won't have that problem next year as MotorsTV will be airing each race live flag to flag.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 18:02 (Ref:2319269)   #143
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing But Cr*p TV was so bad I just worked right through the broadcast and did not miss a thing

all of Nothing But Cr*p sports is the same way. Not just for motor racing
Old 24 Oct 2008, 06:39 (Ref:2319588)   #144
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
It was one of the most annoying experiences of my TV-motorsport life. Highlight versions of these things are bad enough at the best of times for getting a proper understanding of events, but when that which exists is of a poor standard in itself, well, it just makes everything totally poop.

It is rather a shame, really, given, from what could be made out, the race itself seemed rather decent!

With regards MotorsTV, is there any way of getting that in Canada? There isn't that I know of, but then I haven't exactly thoroughly checked every avenue.

Last edited by Dutton; 24 Oct 2008 at 06:41.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 16:11 (Ref:2320068)   #145
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On your TV directly? Not that I know of. That said, it is often possible to watch Motors coverage here either live or delayed...
Old 24 Oct 2008, 20:37 (Ref:2320236)   #146
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Slingbox if you know somebody in Europe...
Old 24 Oct 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2320248)   #147
porsche45
Racer

United States
Quote:
I was didn't look at the schedule, since I was there, but with an 11am time slot on the west coast, I'd bet it was up against a couple of football games and NASCoT... tough time slot.
Old 29 Oct 2008, 14:23 (Ref:2323542)   #148
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Where did you get this? Just for curiosity. I recently searched for ratings. Can't find link right now but I remember rating for Long Beach this year was pretty good (when it was live on NBC), if I have understood correctly the rating system.

Some numbers for Speed broadcasts (not only for ALMS...) would be even more interesting - I really like to know is it worth showing 2nd practice for Trucksman Series in the middle of Sebring broadcast.
Old 29 Oct 2008, 15:15 (Ref:2323569)   #149
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
I really like to know is it worth showing 2nd practice for Trucksman Series in the middle of Sebring broadcast.
It is, if it reduces the rating for the Sebring broadcast.
Old 29 Oct 2008, 17:38 (Ref:2323674)   #150
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: ALMS Rating
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
Where did you get this? Just for curiosity. I recently searched for ratings. Can't find link right now but I remember rating for Long Beach this year was pretty good (when it was live on NBC), if I have understood correctly the rating system.
http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com...d-ratings.html
Obviously from that Laguna was up against both the NFL and NASCAR. Yes, Long Beach got a 0.8 this year, which was the highest since 2006 (as 2007 failed to break 0.6). I believe Mid-Ohio and St. Pete both got 0.6 this year.