Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Mar 2014, 10:41 (Ref:3384548)   #301
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dare I mention it - the weather forecast for this coming weekend is looking very promising.

Maybe Spring is arriving at the behest of his Lordship......
Old 26 Mar 2014, 11:03 (Ref:3384557)   #302
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it helps any attendees who are struggling to interpret the dress code - one of these chaps may be inappropriately dressed.
Attached Thumbnails
Revival 2011_1194.jpg  
Old 26 Mar 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3384560)   #303
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
If it helps any attendees who are struggling to interpret the dress code - one of these chaps may be inappropriately dressed.
I know!

How could anybody possibly be seen in public with a breast-pocket handkerchief in a different shade as one's bow-tie? No etiquette, whatsoever, and definitely letting the side down! What!
Old 26 Mar 2014, 12:09 (Ref:3384577)   #304
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I must have misunderstood, I thought dressing like a clown to go to the circus was entirely appropriate
Old 26 Mar 2014, 12:09 (Ref:3384578)   #305
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Is that at Castle Combe or am I mistaken?
Old 26 Mar 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3384580)   #306
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Is that at Castle Combe or am I mistaken?
No - Goodwood Revival 2010 (presumably a 60s outfit?)
Old 26 Mar 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3384582)   #307
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No - Goodwood Revival 2010 (presumably a 60s outfit?)
Ah. Shows how long since I've been to Goodwood
Old 26 Mar 2014, 22:19 (Ref:3384831)   #308
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
That's my old "ban the bomb" outfit from 1965, I might get it back and wear it this weekend !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Mar 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3385263)   #309
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Can we watch this extraganza on tinternet?

Boys are in Moss and Brabham so need to show some interest!
Old 27 Mar 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3385267)   #310
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Not seen anything re televised via internet John. Best you can do is live timing on the TSL site I think. This link should work - live timing link will be on that page when active.

http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=club&...eventid=141321

Last edited by gary396; 27 Mar 2014 at 19:17. Reason: Missing link
Old 27 Mar 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3385273)   #311
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Gary!
Old 27 Mar 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3385365)   #312
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I think I might just pop down and take a peep !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Mar 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3385493)   #313
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Seen some lovely pics of various cars in the final stages of preparation.

Capris, Dolomites, Rovers and RX7's some of which are owned by Tenthers!

Best of luck to everyone entered.
Old 28 Mar 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3385794)   #314
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just back from Goodwood, paddock has some very impressive bits of machinery including a very nice looking Rover of a certain P Mallett

Outside of race cars Goodwood have created their usual brand of magic, anyone going will be in for a treat and sunny weather!
Old 28 Mar 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3385825)   #315
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I'll wear my sunglasses then !

Is there a timetable anywhere ?

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 28 Mar 2014 at 21:40.
Old 28 Mar 2014, 22:05 (Ref:3385838)   #316
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I'll wear my sunglasses then !

Is there a timetable anywhere ?
This on Goodwood's site Gordon. Not very detailed but gives you an idea.

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/members-me...itinerary.aspx
Old 28 Mar 2014, 23:02 (Ref:3385850)   #317
Hamness
Racer

Wales
Hamness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beautifully prepared and presented Shaw & Kilburn Viva GT circulating at Combe yesterday afternoon en route to Goodwood.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 08:30 (Ref:3385955)   #318
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Just back from Goodwood, paddock has some very impressive bits of machinery including a very nice looking Rover of a certain P Mallett

Outside of race cars Goodwood have created their usual brand of magic, anyone going will be in for a treat and sunny weather!
Can't wait to see plenty of pics of the G1 stuff, but also the other machinery.

Does look as though the weather is going to see the cars basking!
Old 29 Mar 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3386206)   #319
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Just got back to accommodation after first day of racing at this event. Wall to wall sunshine and a limit on the crowds made for an excellent day - far quieter than the Revival. Has the makings of a good event going forward. Didn't bump into many Tenthers today. Was hoping to say hello to Peter Mallett for the first time but he looked busy with his car so didn't want to interrupt. Hoping for another good day tomorrow. Lots of photos to sort through but will try and post a few if I can - might be limited re uploading until I get home. Anyone want me to photo particular cars tomorrow, let me know and will see what I can do.

Apparently it is going to be on Channel 4 at a later date.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3386211)   #320
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I see Peter is P10. Well done brilliant effort.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3386227)   #321
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Simon Hadfield thank you. You and Ollie Bryant put on a race that had us all gripped, David and Goliath at its best with Ollie peddling the socks off the Twyman's Eleven GT snapping at the heels of Simon's DB4GT. Right up to the chequered flag it could have gone either way - superb.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3386231)   #322
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Iain, the grid position was entirely due to Tiff. However the car hadn't turned a wheel on track since 1982 so not a bad effort. I finished 16th after a race full of dicing. Need more seat time but I took massive chunks out of my morning time. Two driver race tomorrow.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3386232)   #323
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Boys tell me that it's a very good meeting.A lot less stuffy than the September job.

Don' t get the David and Golith stuff as Master Bryant should beat Mr Hadfield in that sports racer but probably didn't .

The Elite stopped with a knackered gearbox .Pity as was in front of the Elite fleet battle at the time.

See what happens tomorrow with the bog standard 2 litre 57 Cooper Climax against those 2.5 litre cars.Seems its about 3 inches higher than some of the others.

Good for a laugh.

What really ****es me off is that the weather there is suburb for time of year and we had 2 inches of rain today in Florida.Only upside is that I did get in 18 holes between storms.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 21:28 (Ref:3386240)   #324
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Brilliant to see Nick Swift finish 3rd against all that opposition, would have been 2nd but for an "incident" on the last lap !
It was good to be able to walk about everywhere and have a really good look at the cars without too much aggro, so to me it was better than the Revival.
Lots of people came up and said hello (I just wish I could remember who most of them were)
Old 30 Mar 2014, 06:15 (Ref:3386343)   #325
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gary, sorry I missed you. Come and say hello if you get the chance today.