Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 21 Mar 2013, 02:48 (Ref:3222063)   #126
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.motorsport.com/alms/news/...attle-against/

Quote:
Will we see Audi back at Sebring in 2014 ? "If we come back, it won’t be with an LMP1, because of the new rules. It’s hard to know what the future holds but discussions are being held about the possibilities. We’ll see what happens but ‘never say never.’
Old 21 Mar 2013, 03:20 (Ref:3222070)   #127
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.motorsport.com/alms/news/...attle-against/ "Will we see Audi back at Sebring in 2014 ? "If we come back, it won’t be with an LMP1, because of the new rules. It’s hard to know what the future holds but discussions are being held about the possibilities. We’ll see what happens but ‘never say never.' "
R8 GTLM

L.P.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 04:03 (Ref:3222076)   #128
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
More likely RS5 DTM in a possible US DTM series.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 04:19 (Ref:3222081)   #129
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man you really are on the DTM bandwagon...I'm with the R8 GTLM aswell, there's that expected GTE rules shake up next year...
Old 21 Mar 2013, 05:42 (Ref:3222088)   #130
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Man you really are on the DTM bandwagon...I'm with the R8 GTLM aswell, there's that expected GTE rules shake up next year...
DTM bandwagon? Pay attention to the news, don't making outlandish remarks. Audi hasn't said anything about the R8 in GTE. They have said they want to run DTM in America. And guess who is going to sanction it? USCR. Who has the rights to Sebring? USCR. Do the math.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 05:47 (Ref:3222089)   #131
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Oh, so it's a solid conclusion then? Glad you've sorted that for all of us! When do we get to see your press release announcing this news?
Old 21 Mar 2013, 05:49 (Ref:3222090)   #132
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The GT-rules shakeup isn't going to happen before 2015/16 at the earliest...
Old 21 Mar 2013, 05:52 (Ref:3222091)   #133
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
May not be completely but the thing holding a few cars back, i.e the most recently quashed rule, has a strong chance of being kicked out next year. Even with that a national homologation might be on the cards thanks to new management at the helm of the USCR.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 05:59 (Ref:3222093)   #134
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Oh, so it's a solid conclusion then? Glad you've sorted that for all of us! When do we get to see your press release announcing this news?
Maybe you can read major motorsport webpages instead of trying to come off like a smart aleck. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106071 says U.S. DTM set to be announced. Less than a week from now. Make sure to look out for the press release. When I said do the math, I meant put the pieces together. If Audi is going to have a presence at Sebring, the more likely scenario is this DTM in the U.S. series.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 06:06 (Ref:3222097)   #135
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Is your name Seth? You remind me of someone called Seth.

Yeah DTM may be coming to the US but it's not an outlandish remark to suggest they may finally get the R8 LMS into actual LM style racing. Want me to not be a smartass? Don't act like everyone is dumber than you are
Old 21 Mar 2013, 06:15 (Ref:3222099)   #136
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Is your name Seth? You remind me of someone called Seth.

Yeah DTM may be coming to the US but it's not an outlandish remark to suggest they may finally get the R8 LMS into actual LM style racing. Want me to not be a smartass? Don't act like everyone is dumber than you are
You don't know me. Nor do you need to. You're reaching with assumptions of Audi making an R8 for GTE or GTLM as it'll be called to 'return' to Sebring in 2014. The more sensible thing is Audi being in the U.S. with the to be confirmed DTM car. So who's acting like a 'smartass'? Because I don't agree with you and use a logical idea that's confirmed, you want to label me as on the 'DTM bandwagon'? Grow up.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 06:35 (Ref:3222107)   #137
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
My god you must have an IQ of 150 to be so logical! I'm allowed an opinion and so is everyone else but going by what you're saying I should sit down and shut up. Funny there's someone else who shares the same opinion as me on this subject so I musn't be the only one making so called ridiculous remarks!
Old 21 Mar 2013, 07:13 (Ref:3222121)   #138
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
R8 GTLM
GTLM (GT Le Mans) is for GTE cars and Audi has not yet built a GTE version of the R8.

The more logical answer would be GTD (GT Daytona) with R8 Grand-Am or some version of the R8 LMS (GT3).
Old 21 Mar 2013, 07:32 (Ref:3222123)   #139
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
More likely RS5 DTM in a possible US DTM series.
US DTM is not likely to debut until 2015.

Best guesses:

Audi R8 GTD
Audi-powered and bodied DP*
Audi-powered
Audi R8 GTLM

Chris

*If an Audi powerplant were to be put in the back of a DP, I'd have to assume it would be done so with Audi of North America backing and as a part of the marketing exercise the car would get Audi-specific bodywork.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3222124)   #140
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Calm down boys or the batting stick will be coming out.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3222125)   #141
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.motorsport.com/alms/news/...attle-against/
Will we see Audi back at Sebring in 2014 ? "If we come back, it won’t be with an LMP1, because of the new rules. It’s hard to know what the future holds but discussions are being held about the possibilities. We’ll see what happens but ‘never say never.’
Interesting that people are arguing back and forth about a GT2/GTE/GT/GTLM category car, when it seems probable that they are talking about a DP. There are stories floating around about such a thing.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3222132)   #142
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
My god you must have an IQ of 150 to be so logical! I'm allowed an opinion and so is everyone else but going by what you're saying I should sit down and shut up. Funny there's someone else who shares the same opinion as me on this subject so I musn't be the only one making so called ridiculous remarks!
You said I was on the 'DTM bandwagon'. That's the remark I was talking about. Not the R8. I would like to see an R8 GTE car. Don't see it happening soon though.

Not even arguing about the R8, they already have a GT R8 in Grand Am, so that's an Audi presence like you said! But a major deal could be a DTM car or even a DP engine.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3222285)   #143
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Interesting that people are arguing back and forth about a GT2/GTE/GT/GTLM category car, when it seems probable that they are talking about a DP. There are stories floating around about such a thing.
Still don't understand why a manufacturer would build a new DP. There's nothing to be proven with winning with such a thing, IMHO. So it's just to represent the marque in the "top" drawer of the competition? Quite an effort, when you already have a "GT" (GAGT lol) car running (which also happened to be properly BoP'd so it'd win the Daytona24)...
Old 21 Mar 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3222313)   #144
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Still don't understand why a manufacturer would build a new DP. There's nothing to be proven with winning with such a thing, IMHO. So it's just to represent the marque in the "top" drawer of the competition? Quite an effort, when you already have a "GT" (GAGT lol) car running (which also happened to be properly BoP'd so it'd win the Daytona24)...
Why would a manufacturer build a LMP?
Old 21 Mar 2013, 14:31 (Ref:3222319)   #145
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Why would a manufacturer build a LMP?
Demonstrating their capability to produce something beyond state of the art (from the perspective of the road car), demonstrating capability to handle tomorrow's technology (energy recuperation just being one example), or demonstrating the power of your chosen platform (audi and diesel, e.g.), just to name a few.

So again, why would a manufacturer build a DP? It must not be any faster or better than anything else that's out there already, and being the new kid on the block, it won't get the same BoP boost as whatever box the ganassis are hustling around will get. There's nothing to be proven except that if you build a DP you can build a clunky car that an inspired, independent workshop could've built some 25 years ago... but we're not talking about an inspired, independent workshop, but about AUDI (i.e., thrice the opposite). So, again, why?
Old 21 Mar 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3222329)   #146
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
GTLM (GT Le Mans) is for GTE cars and Audi has not yet built a GTE version of the R8.

The more logical answer would be GTD (GT Daytona) with R8 Grand-Am or some version of the R8 LMS (GT3).
BMW just launched the Z4, which is based on the GT3 cars. Audi can do the same and run the R8 two or three seasons.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3222338)   #147
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
That's what I'd expect also, R8, maybe referring to DTM (ugh)... finding the DP far fetched. Won't believe the maserati either until it was brushed off the road by a ganassi.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 16:57 (Ref:3222368)   #148
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
DTM bandwagon? Pay attention to the news, don't making outlandish remarks. Audi hasn't said anything about the R8 in GTE. They have said they want to run DTM in America. And guess who is going to sanction it? USCR. Who has the rights to Sebring? USCR. Do the math.
USCR is not a sanctioning body, IMSA is! We are in the USCR thread talking about SportsCars, not Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters. As to the rest of the post's suppositions...... they are possible, but I do not believe them to be.

L.P.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3222369)   #149
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
BMW just launched the Z4, which is based on the GT3 cars. Audi can do the same and run the R8 two or three seasons.

L.P.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3222372)   #150
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Always a possibility, but converting the GT-3 version to a GTLM seems much more short term cost to result effective for an 'Audi' entry. Once the rules are stabilized for the 'P' class, then I might expect Audi in it.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 21 Mar 2013 at 17:22.