Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 6 Dec 2006, 18:01 (Ref:1783474)   #1
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1 on SPEED

This is supposed to be effective immediately, but I don't see anything in the TV listings.

06/12/2006 -
A1GP World Cup of Motorsport has significantly expanded its global television reach, signing an exclusive broadcast deal with America’s SPEED channel and a terrestrial highlights package with Channel Five in the UK.

More than 68 million homes across the US and another five million in Canada will now have access to A1GP through the nation’s foremost cable network dedicated solely to motorsport.

(From the A1 web site)
Old 6 Dec 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1783570)   #2
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
False alarm!
Speed is only showing the races tape delayed by a few weeks - which we knew already.
Unless they show the races live when they catch up?
Old 7 Dec 2006, 12:41 (Ref:1784048)   #3
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
ISPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've had a quick look on the Chanel 5 web site and there is nothing on there yet. I have sent them an e-mail to check if it is correct and to find out when coverage will start.

Will keep you updated.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 14:02 (Ref:1788963)   #4
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bulldog
False alarm!
Speed is only showing the races tape delayed by a few weeks - which we knew already.
Unless they show the races live when they catch up?
Yep, just a little tape-delayed huh Red? http://www.speedtv.com/programs/461/

They say they're showing the January 21st race in NZ on January 24th though so, the gap's definitely closing. As far as them ever catching-up so we can see the races live over here, well, historically? Not very bloody likely.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1788989)   #5
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
ISPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coverage on Chanel 5 has apparently already started. It is usually screened at about 5:30 on a Wednesday morning. Can't think why I haven't seen it so far.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 14:59 (Ref:1789001)   #6
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hms weird not seen anything but could be wrong!
Old 12 Dec 2006, 15:02 (Ref:1789003)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't see much bar Motorsport Mundial on early tomorrow morning.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1789004)   #8
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
According to the Radio Times, A1GP Highlights are on Thursday morning (ie. late Wednesday night for some!) 5:10am - 6am
Old 12 Dec 2006, 15:06 (Ref:1789005)   #9
Suze
Veteran

England
Aha I was looking at that but looking for late Tues / early Weds

Thanks Asp.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 13:45 (Ref:1820928)   #10
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If anyone else's interested, Speed's tape-delyed Taupo broadcast is next Wednesday (the 24th) at 2 pm mountain, 4 pm eastern.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 16:06 (Ref:1820994)   #11
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess we should be happy they are showing it. I mean they can't put in Prime Time where it might interfere with Napcar or Pinks.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 20:58 (Ref:1821204)   #12
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, as long as Speed is getting some actual MOTORSPORT on the channel, I'm all for it, no matter how grossly delayed it may be. (If you look closely, you'll STILL see them giving re-runs of the Knoxville Nationals sprint car event from HALF A YEAR AGO)

All I say is: Just be happy it's not another "Texas Hardtails". Ugh.....
Old 21 Jan 2007, 21:52 (Ref:1821251)   #13
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, but $5,000,000.00 plus buyers premium for a 41 year old snake!
Old 22 Jan 2007, 11:59 (Ref:1821640)   #14
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Hey Chemhead, how are ya? Just noticed your join date and number of posts and in keeping with the house rules, thought I should welcome you to ten-tenths. Hope you have a good time and look forward to your input.....keep your head up and your feet moving.
Old 24 Jan 2007, 19:26 (Ref:1825003)   #15
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
Hey Chemhead, how are ya? Just noticed your join date and number of posts and in keeping with the house rules, thought I should welcome you to ten-tenths. Hope you have a good time and look forward to your input.....keep your head up and your feet moving.
Thanks for the warm welcome! Seeing that I spent a lot of my time beforehand on the Motorsport.com forums, 10 Tenths just feels like a natural transition!
Old 27 Feb 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1852760)   #16
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
If anyone else is interested, the Durban race will be broadcast on SpeedTV tomorrow Feb 28th at 4 pm eastern, 2 pm mountain. And, in the very unlikely event you may be otherwise disposed on Wednesday afternoons, they're going to rebroadcast it March 2nd at 3 a.m. eastern.

Thanks for squeezing it in Speed.
Old 27 Feb 2007, 14:22 (Ref:1852871)   #17
Suze
Veteran

England
Great, think will be able to get that online then. Thanks for that
Old 27 Feb 2007, 23:32 (Ref:1853353)   #18
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Oh, you're welcome Suze. Hope it works for you online.
Old 28 Feb 2007, 09:26 (Ref:1853576)   #19
Suze
Veteran

England
Unfortunately not...prob my end (again!) but TVU Player was throwing a fit