Old 6 Aug 2009, 16:03 (Ref:2516828)   #1
JasagRacer
Rookie

England
Woodford Halse & Duquesa, Southern Spain
JasagRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terrapin Single Seater

Hi everyone.
I have just seen that Allan Staniforth has sadly passed away. What a great engineer he was!

Made me get all nostalgic and think of those great cars. I owned a white one with a 1450cc Minispeed engine and straight cut box. I loved the car and should have developed it into a bike engined car.
It was sold to a guy in Torquay who famously had pictures appear in the local rag as he had to have it craned into his land-locked garden!
Always wondered what happened to it.

Are there any other Terrapins in existence these days?

Is there anyone in the Banbury area that still has one?
Getting major withdrawl symptoms.

I have loads of pictures of not only my old car but others I saw at Harewood.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 20:15 (Ref:2531427)   #2
tim beardsley
Rookie

tim beardsley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, im restoring a Terrapin and would love to see some pics of it if i could find any. It lived up north so Harewood was a likely spot for it to be seen. I belive it was once yellow and then latter on blue, it was not a normal rear end ie mini but a standard noth south layout with an MAE and mk9 hewland and called a Terrapin mk10f.
Lving in hope of finding pics Tim
Old 31 Aug 2009, 20:27 (Ref:2532092)   #3
Jules Mini
Rookie

United Kingdom
Radstock
Jules Mini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My friend Dean Robertson built a new one which we finished in 2000 we fitted it with a standard zzr1100 bike engine Dean sprinted it and I raced it in the monoposto 1200 class we first raced it at silverstone where I came second, then castle combe where i was second again, we then did the winter series at brands hatch and had two wins and a second embarrasing many Jedis and Oms which proves an old design can still be competative it did lack straight line speed though I could put you in touch with Dean if you want any advice
Old 20 Sep 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2544416)   #4
JasagRacer
Rookie

England
Woodford Halse & Duquesa, Southern Spain
JasagRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terrapins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim beardsley View Post
Hi, im restoring a Terrapin and would love to see some pics of it if i could find any. It lived up north so Harewood was a likely spot for it to be seen. I belive it was once yellow and then latter on blue, it was not a normal rear end ie mini but a standard noth south layout with an MAE and mk9 hewland and called a Terrapin mk10f.
Lving in hope of finding pics Tim
Ah. You were the lucky person who bought it!

If you go to the Terrapin forum and into the section on Nostalga, you will see a link to my Photobucket page where there are loads of pictures of both my old car and other Terrapins I spied during my earlier sprintign and hillclimbing period.