Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Oct 2001, 12:20 (Ref:167370)   #1
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back in F3000 ? "Ganassi: Bruno Junqueira definitely out next year."

Either way, it looks as though Bruno Junqueira and Memo Gidley are definitely out next year.

Quote from a rumors here: http://www.autoracing1.com/rumors.htm

Could Bruno be back in F3000 next year?
Old 30 Oct 2001, 14:02 (Ref:167403)   #2
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Junqueira looks to be trading places with Tony Kanaan. That will be the deal here - I'm glad Bruno can have a 2nd shot at CART in a better environment and I'm glad Tony Kanaan will get to show the world his talent. I wanted this to happen.
Old 30 Oct 2001, 17:45 (Ref:167468)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the swap with Nunn is the best idea I've heard lately. Bruno needs to be on a one-car team where he isn't yelled at all the time, and Mo Nunn is a great driver developer.

And remember that even after Ganassi jerked Bruno around about Indy, he still went out there and qualified the car where he'd have been in the front of the pack if he'd had a decent shot, and finished fifth.

Bruno is a good driver. Ganassi is a *&(*@ of a boss.
Old 30 Oct 2001, 19:18 (Ref:167511)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kanaan is staying at Mo Nunn's 1 car team and Gidley is staying at Ganassi. Bruno is out on his ear. Not surprised really, he outclassed Minassian, but Gidley has outclassed Bruno.
Old 30 Oct 2001, 19:43 (Ref:167536)   #5
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minassian is one hell of a good driver.....and given a full season with Gannasi in champ cars would have been at least as quick as Bruno for sure !. I just wish Chip had let him see the season out .
Old 5 Nov 2001, 17:40 (Ref:170287)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed Gidley finished 15th yesterday and Bruno finished a very solid 4th after scrapping with the leaders all day long. Guess that proves who's the best!

Bruno has had other offers too. He will be in a good drive next year - and reportedly Ganassi has made him an offer since he can't get Kanaan ... however, if the Penske thing comes off, look for Helio to be in the Target car next season ...

P.S. I agree about Nik. Chip didn't give him a proper chance.
Old 5 Nov 2001, 21:20 (Ref:170416)   #7
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be a sad turn of events if Bruno doesn't stay in CART for 2002. He really is a genuine talent with heaps of potential. This year he shone quite a few times, although he always seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and couldn't get the results.
Yesterday he proved what he is capable of doing when nothing much goes wrong and he gets a clean run. I definitely rate him above Memo Gidley from what I've seen. The results often don't show the true picture.
I hope you're right Liz, and Bruno gets a better offer from another team. I heard there could be an opening at Newman Haas if Fittipaldi isn't retained. That would be my 1st wish, da Matta & Junqueira would make a good team IMO. I don't think Ganassi's team is going to be a pleasant place next year, especially if Kenny can't get the "results" that Chip is banking on. Did you hear Chip yesterday during the race firing like a machine gun when Bruno was in the middle of a 3 wide sandwich? "Pop him into turn 2" "go high" "go low" "hold your line" " hold it, don't pass yet" How the hell is he supposed to concentrate???
Old 5 Nov 2001, 21:43 (Ref:170434)   #8
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ganassi team have let success get to their head. With Vasser,Zanardi then Montoya all winning, they expected two rookies with no CART experience to win straight away. They both had the least competitive package in years with Ganassi. A Lola Toyota struggled last year in the hands of Montoya and Vasser,no wonder Bruno and Nicolas/Memo struggled this year. Unfortunatley Chip believes he is God and everybody else is wrong....