Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Feb 2024, 19:55 (Ref:4197675)   #276
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lance Armstrong, Tour de France is a perfect situation to see what goes on behind the closed doors of sports. The people running the show knew what was going on for years. They turned a blind eye as the millions were far more important. Who cares if the riders are busy have blood transfusions in there trailers, as long as no one sees. Our job is to just keep selling the show and taking the money. That's the real world, unfortunately.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 23:09 (Ref:4197696)   #277
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Which unproven, scandalous allegation that nobody in V8Supercar data acquisition, in scrutineering, in other teams’ nosey neighbour activities failed to find an alleged source for?
You used to do exactly that with all your posts full of unsourced innuendo. The kettle calling the pot black springs to mind.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 00:44 (Ref:4197700)   #278
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
You used to do exactly that with all your posts full of unsourced innuendo. The kettle calling the pot black springs to mind.
Never about cheating..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Feb 2024, 00:46 (Ref:4197701)   #279
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TFH 3 Round Deal

Karma came back to Mr Hazelwood… a charity day parlays into a TransAm drive, then into a main series V8Supercar ride..
Old 22 Feb 2024, 00:58 (Ref:4197703)   #280
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
That's why it's just a story, as I said there are a few going round. There are a number of things that don't add up. Naming Sponsors all running for cover from their championship team? plus the Championship driver. And a car that the designers of couldn't match with the No1 driver in the series? for most of the year. Do you think this is Brodie and Barry having words? There is more to this story. Supercars data acquisition? This is Supercars not NASA, do you think they are that good,2019 - 2023 would say probably not. You would be surprised even shocked what goes on at the track that we never see or even hear about. It is a little world of it own. Also the STORIES I referred to came from established people not the guy next door. That's not to say any are true of cause. Just a comment, put your gun away.
No gun here…

There are a number(think dozens) of conspiracy theories around that at some point(s) during the ‘23 season there were allegedly non compliant cars presented & run in the main series.

Allegedly the non compliance was said to have had something to do with an allegedly over-strong yet still sealed engine, to dampers which were alleged to have seen development and tuning outside of the category supplier with seals still intact, to a chassis manufacturing and tuning techniques that allegedly saw the need for wholesale replacement to run in the new season. Plus a story around an alleged Toyota WRC-esque moving air intakes and strafes and many many more.

Unless someone proves it.. it is all horse excrement..

And damaging to the category & its participants..
Old 22 Feb 2024, 01:20 (Ref:4197704)   #281
Ares
Racer

Damage to the category is probably something they don't need help with. Plus the way the series is slowly being pushed away from it's fan base, like most corporate run sports today. I speculate we will never know the full story.

Anyway, I take your point and see where you are coming from. It was not so much what you said, but how decided to express it. I post and talk to people on the phone how I would speak to them in person.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 05:00 (Ref:4197717)   #282
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
TFH 3 Round Deal

Karma came back to Mr Hazelwood… a charity day parlays into a TransAm drive, then into a main series V8Supercar ride..
a great story indeed
Old 22 Feb 2024, 07:21 (Ref:4197719)   #283
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GF2GWl7bEAAdGvL?format=jpg&name=large[/IMG]
Todd ****in' Hazelwood
Old 22 Feb 2024, 12:30 (Ref:4197754)   #284
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Lance Armstrong, Tour de France is a perfect situation to see what goes on behind the closed doors of sports. The people running the show knew what was going on for years. They turned a blind eye as the millions were far more important. Who cares if the riders are busy have blood transfusions in there trailers, as long as no one sees. Our job is to just keep selling the show and taking the money. That's the real world, unfortunately.
Geezus, talk about a leap!

I think this is driver/team based, to insinuate they cheated and the series owner covered it up is ridiculous without some actual evidence
Old 22 Feb 2024, 19:17 (Ref:4197822)   #285
Ares
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Geezus, talk about a leap!

I think this is driver/team based, to insinuate they cheated and the series owner covered it up is ridiculous without some actual evidence
At no stage did I say this was true or fact, I said these were STORIES that were going round! It was just an attempt to spark some conversation on the thread subject. To get away from the montage of transporter photos. My bad.

Maybe when I have more time I will post some of the things I've seen and been involved in at the track. Like when someone will be written up for something illegal on a car, but the guy next door gets a tap on the shoulder and quietly told, don't have those bottom arms in at the next meeting. And, like a series I was involved in here. A lot of Supercars guys came over to run the cars in the early day. The ones I was around were all looking for every way to cheat there asses off, and they did and tried. Do you think they went home and all play good boys? Standard practice when I was involved. if anything was happening, something to the car or something in a race. If TV asked questions, they were only given a half story at best, never the full story!
Old 22 Feb 2024, 23:15 (Ref:4197848)   #286
Ares
Racer

On reflection and the negative comments to my post, I hold up my hand up that my post was wrong, it is hard to admit when you are wrong. In attempt to spark some debate I may have let my passion and being impatient for answers get the better of me. Sometimes you forget you are not talking to a small group of people who post here. In this case I was wrong!
Old 23 Feb 2024, 03:32 (Ref:4197858)   #287
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The interview with the team owner and team boss was not particularly informative.
Here

Perhaps it doesn’t paint Mr Kostecki in a good light.

And if I was Todd Hazelwood, I would sleep in the driver’s seat every night..
Old 23 Feb 2024, 05:30 (Ref:4197862)   #288
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kramer vs Kramer, is my take.

It must have been one hell of a Christmas party at Erebus!
Old 23 Feb 2024, 06:32 (Ref:4197864)   #289
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The interview with the team owner and team boss was not particularly informative.
Here

Perhaps it doesn’t paint Mr Kostecki in a good light.
Not surprising Supercars media dishes up a soft ball interview here… It allows B&B to say they’ve said everything already for the rest of the weekend. No hard questions about why all the major sponsors suddenly disappeared, etc.

Their position that they are the victims etc, seemed very much rehursed and insincere. (Not doubting BRs emotion for Dana Wyhoon, very sad.)

And continuing to imply it’s all Brodie’s fault by “respecting his privacy” and “it’s up to him if he wants to drive” is a disgrace. I’d rather they just say “our lawyers told us to say nothing”…

Another impression given was that Shane Howard was in their corner, but couldn’t act on the issues for some reason.

I was stoked to see Erebus win last year and would have been just as pleased if it was Brown over Kostecki. This is just so disappointing to see as a fan.
Old 23 Feb 2024, 16:08 (Ref:4197943)   #290
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone ever figure out what all the drama was about and all the chest hair pulling on social media over this?

Ultimately drivers are there to drive and a contract is a contract, so best get on with it.
Old 23 Feb 2024, 23:37 (Ref:4198015)   #291
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Here
Yep - a whole lot of "we can't say anything" and "the truth will eventually come out". Whilst I understand the emotions & also the likely legal restrictions, it remains an extraordinary situation where the departure of the reigning Champion from a team along with a bunch of sponsors remains completely unexplained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Not surprising Supercars media dishes up a soft ball interview here… It allows B&B to say they’ve said everything already for the rest of the weekend. No hard questions about why all the major sponsors suddenly disappeared, etc.

I was stoked to see Erebus win last year and would have been just as pleased if it was Brown over Kostecki. This is just so disappointing to see as a fan.
Yeah, I wasn't surprised by the blandness of the "interview" either - expected nothing more from Jess Yates to be honest. Like you, I was waiting for the question on sponsors leaving that never came - really obvious question to ask. Although I suspect it would have received the "we can't say anything" response (maybe the sponsors were brought on by Kostecki or someone aligned with him?).

Think that you've nailed it in your last para - it was genuinely good to see a different team winning the series last year and it's a disappointing way to start the season.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 04:48 (Ref:4198162)   #292
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Shaw & Partners & SCTR with Mr Courtney..
Old 25 Feb 2024, 08:27 (Ref:4198187)   #293
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was Barry crying, because he didn’t get tickets to Taylor Swift and Brodie did?
Old 26 Feb 2024, 00:39 (Ref:4198260)   #294
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Barry told the media they got the deal with Brodie over the line, by getting him two tickets to the Taylor Swift concert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Was Barry crying, because he didn’t get tickets to Taylor Swift and Brodie did?
Someone get Kingy a Taylor Swift signed photo.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 01:31 (Ref:4198265)   #295
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Someone get Kingy a Taylor Swift signed photo.
No need to - it's likely he was posting from the autograph queue
Old 26 Feb 2024, 02:41 (Ref:4198270)   #296
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Anyone ever figure out what all the drama was about and all the chest hair pulling on social media over this?

Ultimately drivers are there to drive and a contract is a contract, so best get on with it.
Difficult to see what's in this for Brodie .... any chance Sprintcars or speedcars to keep his eye in?
Old 7 Mar 2024, 12:32 (Ref:4200341)   #297
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Brodie out with the Norwell gang tonight,

Looked very skinny to me.

Good to see him up and about.
Old 7 Mar 2024, 13:16 (Ref:4200350)   #298
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Brodie out with the Norwell gang tonight,

Looked very skinny to me.

Good to see him up and about.
[

Nice Boost Mobile hat
Old 8 Mar 2024, 09:28 (Ref:4200454)   #299
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
On LinkedIn..

Old 8 Mar 2024, 13:06 (Ref:4200474)   #300
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
On LinkedIn..