Old 22 Jun 2008, 17:56 (Ref:2234932)   #26
Alan
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK
Alan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder

I am very wary of JT and his entourage, I really think he does too much sometimes, all the pre race stuff this week must have taken his eye off the ball

He looked far too nervous and eager and made himself look a bit silly really

Forget the stupid leathers and helmets and just keep everything the same
Couldn't agree more - he is being badly advised and I suspect he is an unwilling passenger in all this.
Old 22 Jun 2008, 18:10 (Ref:2234939)   #27
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick
Do they normally ride in the wet in the US - great effort by Spies...

On eof the commentators said theres only 2 tracks stateside where they allow them to race in the wet! Is that true??
Old 22 Jun 2008, 19:56 (Ref:2234997)   #28
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
haven't seen anything anywhere about the track invasion at the craner curves *during* the last lap... yet AGAIN no spectator marshals AT ALL at donington. when are they going to learn!

and i agree about toseland. i don't watch much moto gp, went to my first meeting today and thought he made a right arse of himself. he seems completely unable to handle the pressure.
Old 22 Jun 2008, 20:18 (Ref:2235007)   #29
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I think a few people here are being a bit hard on Toesland. Yes he maybe got a bit carried away this weekend and got distracted and the pressure got to him but then it was his debut race at Donnington in the Moto GP circus and the media have been piling on the hype during the lead up to this weekend.

Toesland so far has had a very strong season IMO, sure this weekend he messed up but then making mistakes is part of life, fingers crossed he will have learned from this weekend and next year he will be better prepared to handle the pressure. Fingers crossed he will be back to his usual form Assen and perhaps even get on the last step of the podium, its a track he knows well so fingers crossed.
Old 22 Jun 2008, 20:23 (Ref:2235013)   #30
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Personally I think a few people here are being a bit hard on Toesland. Yes he maybe got a bit carried away this weekend and got distracted and the pressure got to him but then it was his debut race at Donnington in the Moto GP circus and the media have been piling on the hype during the lead up to this weekend.

Toesland so far has had a very strong season IMO, sure this weekend he messed up but then making mistakes is part of life, fingers crossed he will have learned from this weekend and next year he will be better prepared to handle the pressure. Fingers crossed he will be back to his usual form Assen and perhaps even get on the last step of the podium, its a track he knows well so fingers crossed.
Agree with you there, hes been a very impressive rookie most of the time this season. Also the dissing of his people, surely Roger Burnetts got a bit more of a clue than most of us?
Old 22 Jun 2008, 20:38 (Ref:2235020)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Toseland has had a fine debut year.
Old 22 Jun 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2235112)   #32
Alan
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK
Alan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
Agree with you there, hes been a very impressive rookie most of the time this season. Also the dissing of his people, surely Roger Burnetts got a bit more of a clue than most of us?
I agree that he has been an impressive rookie and I have total respect for him.

I just feel that there is too much pressure on a British rider to do well without adding to it - thats why I think that he was badly advised.
Old 22 Jun 2008, 22:41 (Ref:2235149)   #33
flying finn
Racer

Australia
Sydney Australia
flying finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British MotoGP - results

1. Casey STONER AUS > Ducati Marlboro Team DUCATI > 44'44.982 (161.820kmh)
2. Valentino ROSSI ITA > Fiat Yamaha Team YAMAHA > 44'50.771 (+5.789)
3. Dani PEDROSA SPA > Repsol Honda Team HONDA > 44'53.329 (+8.347)
4. Colin EDWARDS USA > Tech 3 Yamaha YAMAHA > 44'57.660 (+12.678)
5. Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA > JiR Team Scot MotoGP HONDA > 44'59.783 (+14.801)
6. Jorge LORENZO SPA > Fiat Yamaha Team YAMAHA > 45'00.672 (+15.690)
7. Nicky HAYDEN USA > Repsol Honda Team HONDA > 45'03.178 (+18.196)
8. Chris VERMEULEN AUS > Rizla Suzuki MotoGP SUZUKI > 45'06.648 (+21.666)
9. Shinya NAKANO JPN > San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA > 45'14.336 (+29.354)
10. Anthony WEST AUS > Kawasaki Racing Team KAWASAKI > 45'26.012 (+41.030)
11. Toni ELIAS SPA > Alice Team DUCATI > 45'29.408 (+44.426)
12. Randy DE PUNIET FRA > LCR Honda MotoGP HONDA > 45'31.181 (+46.199)
13. Sylvain GUINTOLI FRA > Alice Team DUCATI > 45'33.713 (+48.731)
14. Ben SPIES USA > Rizla Suzuki MotoGP SUZUKI > 45'34.573 (+49.591)
15. Alex DE ANGELIS RSM > San Carlo Honda Gresini HONDA > 46'07.168 (+1'22.186)
16. Marco MELANDRI ITA > Ducati Marlboro Team DUCATI > 46'15.003 (+1'30.021)
17. James TOSELAND GBR > Tech 3 Yamaha YAMAHA > 45'32.234 (+1 lap)
DNF. John HOPKINS USA > Kawasaki Racing Team KAWASAKI > 24'18.021 (+14 laps)

> another gutsy ride from Lorenzo and finally a nice ride from Anthony West

Championship Standings

1. Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team > 162
2. Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team > 151
3. Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team > 117
4. Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team > 104
5. Colin EDWARDS USA Tech 3 Yamaha > 82
6. Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP > 68
7. Nicky HAYDEN USA Repsol Honda Team > 57
8. James TOSELAND GBR Tech 3 Yamaha > 53
9. Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP > 51
10. Shinya NAKANO JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini > 49
11. Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP > 48
12. John HOPKINS USA Kawasaki Racing Team > 32
Old 22 Jun 2008, 22:41 (Ref:2235151)   #34
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is too much pressure put on a lot of riders really

I just think thre are different ways of handling it.

Fogarty got himself in trouble a little a few times with getting carried away with all the hype

I just think he could have been shielded from it a bit, but he is his own man and I cant imagine people force him to do anything.

AS mentioned before, results speak for themselves
Old 23 Jun 2008, 00:58 (Ref:2235304)   #35
2000yellow360
Racer

United States
California
2000yellow360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are several tracks in the US that can be run in the rain. Daytona isn't one of them, nor is Sears Point (now Infenion), but Laguna could be run in the rain, as could Miller, and several other tracks.

Art
Old 23 Jun 2008, 09:48 (Ref:2235530)   #36
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick
My god - Marc Marquez looks about 9 years old
I had to miss a lot of the action yesterday, but is it true only di Meglio got a bottle of champagne on the podium???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
haven't seen anything anywhere about the track invasion at the craner curves *during* the last lap... yet AGAIN no spectator marshals AT ALL at donington. when are they going to learn!
Track invasions are GOOD! But they're not good as long as there are still riders on the track, even if it's the lap back to the pits. I think they should just open the gates as soon as the last rider is in the pits, that's what they did at Monza when I was there for the WSBK, it worked fine.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2235573)   #37
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
I had to miss a lot of the action yesterday, but is it true only di Meglio got a bottle of champagne on the podium???

Yeah but in best "kids outside one stop" style Redding got the bottle off of him - "Go on Mike, giss a swig - I'l give you 20p!"
Old 23 Jun 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2235714)   #38
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
I don't know if I was dreaming, but did I see Dani Pedrosa outbreak Rossi... TWICE?

That can't be true, can it?
Old 23 Jun 2008, 15:58 (Ref:2235822)   #39
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Just watched the whole of the 250s which I had recorded but not seen, Toby and Julian really are the best commentary PAIRING in all Motorsport that I see for sure - and they should get John Mcguinness in the booth every race weekend he is free - he's excellant, very witty but also knows his stuff. Maybe he could be their Mamola for the junior classes?
Old 23 Jun 2008, 17:07 (Ref:2235883)   #40
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben24
Track invasions are GOOD! But they're not good as long as there are still riders on the track, even if it's the lap back to the pits. I think they should just open the gates as soon as the last rider is in the pits, that's what they did at Monza when I was there for the WSBK, it worked fine.
there were riders still circulating at racing speed (it being the last lap), and there weren't yellow flags or anything being waved to warn them that there were people on the track. it was all a bit odd really, and it seems to have been erased from history!
Old 23 Jun 2008, 23:36 (Ref:2236219)   #41
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Casey's back...

Three-way fight for the title anyone?
Old 24 Jun 2008, 06:52 (Ref:2236339)   #42
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he's a long way back .. and he needs others to be in front of rossi . and that's gonna be hard as Pedrosa demonstrated

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Jun 2008, 10:12 (Ref:2236436)   #43
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Realistically he need both Rossi and Pedrosa to DNF at least once each if he is to have a chance at the title. Stranger things have to be known to happen.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 06:29 (Ref:2236977)   #44
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Pretty disgusting and dissapointing when you read this:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...r-being-booed/

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...?&R=EPI-101300

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...?&R=EPI-101288
Old 25 Jun 2008, 07:15 (Ref:2237005)   #45
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
interesting read - i've never heard anything of the relationship that casey has with marco... is it good? is it bad? does casey shake his head at marco
Old 25 Jun 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2237202)   #46
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Booing it no dramas - hurling abuse just because he beats your favorite and running on the track to do so its the thing i find moronic. I find it more perplexing as Casey made his carrer riding in Brittian and said its his home away from home
Old 25 Jun 2008, 23:22 (Ref:2237660)   #47
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it because he doesn't carry on like an Italian when he wins?

Is it because he just gets on with it in a quiet and humble manner?

Is it because the English fans are jealous that Australia has yet another champion rider?

Is it because Toseland crashed?

I'm just struggling to find any reason at all why someone would see fit to run onto the track and hurl abuse at a pretty respectable 21 year old bloke.

That's alright - I'm sure Casey will be treated with far more respect at Misano and Phillip Island!