Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Jan 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3360774)   #2951
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DTM is very complicated. Drivers must act like robots for the manufacturer under heavy team orders, not everybody adapts to this type of racing.

Even Allan McNish performance wasn't top.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 11:06 (Ref:3361011)   #2952
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The guy races all around the globe, every weekend, at the greatest tracks in the world, in the most awesome championships with the best teams, in every car there is: GT1, GT2, GT3, LMP1, LMP2, IndyCar and Daytona Prototypes in the past few years. And he probably gets paid well doing so. If you want to measure success by the amount of fun, experience, demand and diversity, Luhr is probably in scarce company. I admire his career more than any other current driver.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 07:43 (Ref:3361453)   #2953
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
The guy races all around the globe, every weekend, at the greatest tracks in the world, in the most awesome championships with the best teams, in every car there is: GT1, GT2, GT3, LMP1, LMP2, IndyCar and Daytona Prototypes in the past few years. And he probably gets paid well doing so. If you want to measure success by the amount of fun, experience, demand and diversity, Luhr is probably in scarce company. I admire his career more than any other current driver.
By pure speed, he isn't the best. But he can bring a wealth of experience to the table quite unlike any other, so he's definitely one to be admired.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 04:56 (Ref:3369954)   #2954
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a first timetable for the weekend of the 24h-race is published:

http://www.24h-rennen.de/uploads/med...en_2014_01.pdf

there will be an early warm-up for the 24h-race on raceday and the "Special-Tourenwagen-Trophy" as a part of a support-race for the first time.

http://www.spezial-tourenwagen-trophy.de

for example the entry-list of a race at hockenheim in 2013:

http://www.spezial-tourenwagen-troph...10-04-2013-49/
Old 19 Feb 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3370157)   #2955
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new Glickenhaus´s project
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/un-...n-glickenhaus/
Old 24 Feb 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3371505)   #2956
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe he's building that Gran Turismo red bully thing, that would be quite something
Old 25 Feb 2014, 00:50 (Ref:3371852)   #2957
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Aston-Martin back again with the Bilstein-V12-Vantage GT3 and Darren Turner, Pedro Lamy and Stefan Mücke at the wheel.

http://www.speedweek.com/24hnuerburg...rburgring.html
Old 25 Feb 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3372079)   #2958
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
awesome news!!!
Old 26 Feb 2014, 14:43 (Ref:3372380)   #2959
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
revised schedule: http://www.24h-rennen.de/uploads/med...en_2014_01.pdf
Old 28 Feb 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3373357)   #2960
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Premiere photos of the Lexus RC-F GT3 for the race in 2015

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/lex...e-la-rc-f-gt3/

So 2014 will be the last time for the LF-A.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3374084)   #2961
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Four really strong lineups for BMW, they're really pulling out the stops this year to get the Z4 a win.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/24h...ouer-la-gagne/
Old 2 Mar 2014, 19:19 (Ref:3374088)   #2962
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW had always a great line-up at nurburgring, 2011 too much mistakes by Lamy. 2012 the schubert Z4 was clearly the fastest car on track, but too much unreliable. Last year the race was crazy, but MVDS finished second.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3374097)   #2963
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Great to see Maxine Martin back with Marc VDS after last year too, would have been a huge shame/waste if he were lost to DTM completely.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3374509)   #2964
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to go at the Nurburgring 24 hours in one of the coming years.
I do not like camping so I'm asking if there are some hotels in the area not too far from the track and if there's the possibility to use the car to move from different track sectors. Are the public roads good enough? Parking?
Thanks a lot for the feedback.
I went to the Nurburgring for the Le Mans Series on the f1 circuit so my experience doesn't count.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3374511)   #2965
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
I do not like camping so I'm asking if there are some hotels in the area not too far from the track and if there's the possibility to use the car to move from different track sectors. Are the public roads good enough? Parking?
I went to the Nurburgring for the Le Mans Series on the f1 circuit so my experience doesn't count.
The infrastructure up there isn't great, so hotels are few and tend to go very fast, so make sure to book well in advance.

Parking around the Nordschleife is probably going to be a big issue as all the usual parking zones are camping sites for that weekend.

I guess you could park down in Adenau and then walk up Wehrseifen to Adenauer Forst and so on.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3374513)   #2966
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
The infrastructure up there isn't great, so hotels are few and tend to go very fast, so make sure to book well in advance.

Parking around the Nordschleife is probably going to be a big issue as all the usual parking zones are camping sites for that weekend.

I guess you could park down in Adenau and then walk up Wehrseifen to Adenauer Forst and so on.
How much time from Adenau to the track by feet?
Old 3 Mar 2014, 21:06 (Ref:3374541)   #2967
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Depending on where you find a parking spot: None. The Breitscheid-bridge at the lowest point of the track is right at the edge of the town.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 22:46 (Ref:3374613)   #2968
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Four really strong lineups for BMW, they're really pulling out the stops this year to get the Z4 a win.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/24h...ouer-la-gagne/

As good as the driver lineup is, I hope they've put more work into the reliability of the Z4 as that has been the cars downfall in recent years.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3374625)   #2969
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Intimidator, I recently found out I'm unable to go to the N24 this year but I checked the area and there are some hotels less than 30 minutes drive to the west still available. When I did it last time I actually slept in the back of a rented 4x4 car and enjoyed myself. Thoroughly recommend the event though, it's a must-do.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 08:29 (Ref:3374781)   #2970
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Last year I stayed in Bad Godesberg for a night during one of the VLN races. Was a short drive. Of course, it might be fully booked around the time of the 24h.

Also, parking during the 24h was a disaster. And with that I mean, driving around for an hour, missing the start, and then parking in a field where you're not allowed to park. No parking ticket or anything later that night, though.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3374937)   #2971
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
Last year I stayed in Bad Godesberg for a night during one of the VLN races. Was a short drive. Of course, it might be fully booked around the time of the 24h.
Bad Godesberg is a part of Bonn, that's at least an hour away. Are you sure that's were you stayed?
Old 5 Mar 2014, 15:04 (Ref:3375381)   #2972
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Yeh I'm sure about that I did it in 35 minutes, from the hotel to Brünnchen. Of course I might have been driving a bit fast, but never speeding.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3375504)   #2973
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Speaking of Nürburging, the American investment company HIG Capital is "poised" to buy it.
Old 6 Mar 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3375916)   #2974
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a thread about "Saving the Ring" in the Trackside forum, but hardly anyone reads it, so I'll post this info about the sale of the Ring here:

The Nurburgring has been saved, for better or worse, by an American investment firm. Since hardly any other investors have stepped forward with bids to buy the Ring, I will give the firm the benefit of the doubt and say that this sounds like good news. However, whether that's true remains to be seen.

H.I.G. Capital website

Wikipedia: H.I.G. Capital

UPDATE 1-Motor racing-Buyout group HIG set to buy historic Nuerburgring

Thu Mar 6, 2014 12:04am IST
Reuters
- An investor group led by buyout firm HIG Capital is poised to acquire the financially troubled Nuerburgring race track in Germany, two sources familiar with the transaction said on Wednesday.

The circuit went into administration in 2012 after local politicians loaded it with debt equating to around 50 years worth of profit, and the famed and once-feared track started looking for a new owner in the spring of 2013...

According to weekly publication Wirtschaftswoche, HIG is paying no more than 60-70 million euros ($82.4-96.2 million)for Nuerburgring. HIG Capital declined to comment on the purchase...

Nurburgring Saviors' profiles on higcapital.com (i.e., founding partners of H.I.G.)

Tony Tamer

"Tony Tamer is a co-founding Partner of H.I.G. Capital and has served as a Managing Partner of the firm since 1993. He has directed H.I.G.'s development since its founding and approves all capital commitments made by the firm. Tony has led a number of successful investments at H.I.G. in both the management buyouts and venture capital arenas. He has extensive experience working with, and coaching, early stage and middle-market companies. Tony is a board member of several H.I.G. portfolio companies. He currently also serves on the Dean's Council of the Harvard University Kennedy School of Government.

Prior to H.I.G., Tony was partner at Bain & Company where he developed business unit and operating strategies, implemented productivity improvement initiatives, and led acquisition and divestiture activities for a number of Fortune 500 clients. Tony has extensive operating experience. He has held marketing, engineering and manufacturing positions at Hewlett-Packard and Sprint Corporation.

Tony holds an M.B.A. degree from Harvard Business School, and a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University. His undergraduate degree is from Rutgers University."

Sami Mnaymneh

"Sami Mnaymneh is a co-founding Partner of H.I.G. Capital and has served as a Managing Partner of the firm since 1993. He has directed the firm's development since its founding and approves all capital commitments made by H.I.G. Sami currently serves on the Board of Columbia College and on the Dean's Council of the Harvard Law School.

Prior to founding H.I.G., Sami was a Managing Director with The Blackstone Group in New York. Prior to that, he was a Vice President in the Mergers and Acquisitions department at Morgan Stanley & Co., where he devoted a significant amount of his time to leveraged buyouts, serving as senior advisor to a number of prominent private equity firms. Over the course of his career, Mr. Mnaymneh has led over 75 transactions in a wide range of industries.

Sami earned a B.A. degree, Summa Cum Laude, from Columbia University where he graduated first in his class, and subsequently received a J.D. degree and an M.B.A. degree, with honors, from Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School, respectively."
Old 8 Mar 2014, 12:55 (Ref:3376460)   #2975
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL: Felix Baumgartner, the guy who jumped from very high settling the record man fall speed, will do the N24H , what a guy! :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

"After 2 days training at the Audi Driving Experience Center, I am looking forward to my next challenge: my way to 24h Nuerburgring!"