Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Dec 2004, 16:24 (Ref:1178362)   #1
Psycho
Rookie

Psycho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McNish given award

Allan McNish has been granted honorary membership of the Scottish Motor Racing Club (SMRC) as one of only three drivers to win the Stewart Medal.

The medal is named after Sir Jackie Stewart.

Homer: Hello, operator, give me the number for 911 !!
Old 13 Dec 2004, 16:30 (Ref:1178368)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well deserved.

A prestigious honour in Scottish motorsport - and Allan's been a great driver and a great ambassador for motor racing for many years.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 17:09 (Ref:1178408)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well deserved indeed. A man whose face (and lack of funds) sadly didn't fit for F1 for anything like as long as his talent deserved.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 17:17 (Ref:1178418)   #4
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's nice to see an award like this go to one of the nice guys of the track. His CV of Le Mans success is impressive, and there's no doubt that he had similar potential to DC in their early days, and different circumstances could've seen their careers take opposite paths. On top of that, Allan works hard and always seems enthusiastic and dedicated.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 17:26 (Ref:1178431)   #5
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
there's no doubt that he had similar potential to DC in their early days, and different circumstances could've seen their careers take opposite paths. .
Put DC in a LMP Sportscar on any track and he would not come close to Allan pace and consistency - IMO
Old 13 Dec 2004, 18:24 (Ref:1178509)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congratulations Allan. Well deserved indeed.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 18:30 (Ref:1178514)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well he's an F1, Sportscar and now touring car man (not mentioning his 'junior' career). Perhaps this thread should do the rounds? He's not a touring car man yet, so, er, Sportscar...
Old 13 Dec 2004, 18:31 (Ref:1178515)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wondered that. Touring Car?
Old 13 Dec 2004, 19:01 (Ref:1178541)   #9
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats excellent and well deserved!

I met Allan once just before he started his Formula One season. He's a really nice guy with the right attitude, sadly I think he lacks the 'sexiness' for Formula One.

Bring on DTM I say! Audi have made the right decision to switch Allan over to their DTM effort. I wish him all the best!
Old 13 Dec 2004, 20:58 (Ref:1178663)   #10
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does anyone know who the other 2 recipients of this medal are? i'm just curious thanks
Old 14 Dec 2004, 09:29 (Ref:1179002)   #11
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read this as McNish receives reward: Psycho
and thought Hmm. Appropriate.
Bit unfair, having spent a season keeping out of his way, he was always very pleasant to us although a little arrogant with the fans I thought... but I guess he gets a lot of attention...
IMHO
Rick
Old 14 Dec 2004, 09:33 (Ref:1179005)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I wondered that. Touring Car?
Yep, DTM next year with Mercedes.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 09:34 (Ref:1179008)   #13
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or even Audi
Old 14 Dec 2004, 09:44 (Ref:1179014)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whoops, yes my mistake. Audi, why I thought Mercedes I dont know.