Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Sep 2007, 15:50 (Ref:2015841)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ALMS Rnd 11: Petit Le Mans 3-6 Oct 2007

Celebrating the 10th running of Petit.

Schedule

Entry List

Track Map

Timing & Scoring

Hindy

Imsa site

L.P.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:37 (Ref:2015905)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really wish I could be heading down for what sounds like a GREAT race week both on and off the track. Stupid classes and work.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:57 (Ref:2015934)   #3
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My ticket arrived last week. Perhaps the coolest ticket I've seen.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 17:34 (Ref:2015966)   #4
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still considering should I stay or should I go...... tough work schedule....
Old 17 Sep 2007, 18:57 (Ref:2016051)   #5
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Still shaking my head at organising travel plans to the US which will coincide with PLM and managing to be in Seattle when there's fun to be had in Georgia.

One of these days I'll learn... Maybe...
Old 18 Sep 2007, 00:36 (Ref:2016346)   #6
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Still shaking my head at organising travel plans to the US which will coincide with PLM and managing to be in Seattle when there's fun to be had in Georgia.
Depends on how long you'll be on the Wet Coast. The ALMS season ender at Laguna Seca is October 18-21 (hint, hint).

keke
Old 18 Sep 2007, 07:22 (Ref:2016471)   #7
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I cant believe there are only 31 cars for this race! I thought Petit Le Mans was a popular race! Unless I'm missing the point, is there actually any incentive for the LMS teams to come over and race?
Old 18 Sep 2007, 16:43 (Ref:2017108)   #8
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
I cant believe there are only 31 cars for this race! I thought Petit Le Mans was a popular race! Unless I'm missing the point, is there actually any incentive for the LMS teams to come over and race?
If you mean by Money, almost none. Only non factory teams are eligible for prize money which is very small.

the only other incentive is If you win your class, you get an automatic entry into the LM24 ( providing you don't change class or car make)
Old 18 Sep 2007, 16:46 (Ref:2017112)   #9
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge

One of these days I'll learn... Maybe...
Long flight with at least one transfer between Seattle and Atlanta.
Old 18 Sep 2007, 17:01 (Ref:2017128)   #10
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
the only other incentive is If you win your class, you get an automatic entry into the LM24 ( providing you don't change class or car make)
And try to beat the Audi's in LMP1, the Porsches in LMP2, the Corvettes in GT1 and the Risi Ferrari's in GT2...I do not see any LMS team that is capable of doing that (right now)
Old 18 Sep 2007, 17:17 (Ref:2017145)   #11
mariantic
Racer

Scotland
Scotland
mariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmariantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Just to point out that whilst the Le Mans autoentry does not allow you to change class it does allow you to change car and engine within the class.

The PLM auto entries are no different to the LM or LMS preselections in this respect.

e.g. Barazi won their LMP entry in a Courage but fulfilled it in a Zytek. When ACO publish the preselections they only state the team.

see 2007:- http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/re.../annexe_ix.pdf

BTW - I don't think the PLM result much affects European teams' thinking in prototypes, almost all of the P1 & P2 teams that wanted an LM entry got one this year. More competion in GT2 of course but what European team that needs it could break into the much classier ALMS act there?

Mariantic
Old 18 Sep 2007, 17:21 (Ref:2017152)   #12
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
If you mean by Money, almost none. Only non factory teams are eligible for prize money which is very small.

I guess it is back to wait till next year, or actually wait till 2009, as by then it should be known if all the brou-ha-ha about 2010 is pipe dreams or if the IMSA, at least, will finally get its act together, or if it will continue to be more like the SCCA without the politics.

Of course 2008 could be like 2003 when results far exceeded expectations.

Bob
Old 18 Sep 2007, 18:29 (Ref:2017226)   #13
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
No incentive that really matters to the top LMS teams. Even Creation and Zytek will get selected for LM without coming to the US. I wish more teams would be involved as the fans are certainly there. I would expect nearly 100k in ticket sales this year. Plus there were only 29 cars last year, so it's getting better.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 00:45 (Ref:2017523)   #14
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LMP1 has a few more entries, but it is very disappointing that there are no Pugs or Peskys. GT1 has only added Doran's MC12 while no LMP2s were willing to take on the Porsche/Acura battle. All-in-all quite disappointing. However, I'm sure the cars entered will put on a great show.

DK
Old 19 Sep 2007, 06:59 (Ref:2017613)   #15
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does any one think that if Porsche left LMP2 then more teams might give it a go? By that I mean Factory backed porsches not Dyson or other customers. I'd love to see a Zytec go up against the RS Spyder, the Acura's and Lolas's currently competing. Still I can hope to see that at Sebring next year, cant I?
Old 19 Sep 2007, 12:49 (Ref:2017906)   #16
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am really excited about the race this year. I hope this isn't off topic. Is it possible to listen to hindy at the track through a scanner? I have a radio, but last year I could not pick up RLM on the backside of the track. Any help would be great.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 16:13 (Ref:2018070)   #17
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
We may see what the European LMP2s have at Brazil later, as AGR is taking their Acura down there.

I'm a bit confused on one thing with the entry. Wasn't it announced at Detroit that two factory Creations were confirmed for PLM?
Old 19 Sep 2007, 18:12 (Ref:2018141)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Just found this on Mariantic

Lucas Luhr to PWL for last two rounds (replacing Muller @ Laguna Seca)

Whats going on with Audi then ?
Old 19 Sep 2007, 18:56 (Ref:2018176)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Whats going on with Audi then ?
From the ALMS site :-

Luhr (born in Koblenz, Germany but now living in Ermatingen, Switzerland) has been given special permission by Audi AG of Germany to join the Michael Petersen-owned team at the two endurance events that close the 2007 North American sports car season. The factory Audi pilot will co-drive at the October 6th 1,000-mile/10-hour Petit Le Mans with Toyota factory driver Peter Dumbreck (born in Scotland but living in Adderbury, England) and Ferrari factory ace Dirk Müller (a native of Germany now living in Monaco).
Old 19 Sep 2007, 20:42 (Ref:2018266)   #20
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
We may see what the European LMP2s have at Brazil later, as AGR is taking their Acura down there.

I'm a bit confused on one thing with the entry. Wasn't it announced at Detroit that two factory Creations were confirmed for PLM?
Some confusion over that. But on Creations forum they have confirmed 2 Creations, but it is their CA07 and the Autocon CA06-H.

L.P.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 02:47 (Ref:2018426)   #21
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
I am really excited about the race this year. I hope this isn't off topic. Is it possible to listen to hindy at the track through a scanner? I have a radio, but last year I could not pick up RLM on the backside of the track. Any help would be great.
Yes it is possible. I don't know the normal channel, but I'll try and find out.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 03:00 (Ref:2018431)   #22
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you can get it on 454.00 on a scanner, or on radio,... I don't remember the frequency or even if it was AM or FM. check the program when you get there.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 13:11 (Ref:2018898)   #23
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys! Its on 96.7 fm, but the radio signal isn't strong enough. I guess I will go buy a scanner. Any suggestions?
Old 20 Sep 2007, 14:30 (Ref:2018947)   #24
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Robbie Kerr is 3th driver for Highcroft Acura in PLM and Laguna Seca.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 14:43 (Ref:2018964)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

Robbie Kerr ..... thats a strange pick for a yankee team , but a good one .