Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 27 Aug 2009, 14:31 (Ref:2529300)   #26
jmp3rd
Rookie

United States
jmp3rd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be glad to take a look at your business plan. Can you please email me a draft.

To your success
Old 31 Aug 2009, 22:01 (Ref:2532166)   #27
ghall
Rookie

ghall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could you email me the proposal aswell? I'm in south carolina and am considering researching the feasability of building a road course and could use any and all info
Old 2 Sep 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2533290)   #28
ericwieland
Rookie

United States
Des Moines, IA
ericwieland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys,
Shoot me a PM with your e-mail addresses and I will send you the business plan.
Thanks,
Eric
Old 5 Jan 2010, 14:07 (Ref:2608426)   #29
ericwieland
Rookie

United States
Des Moines, IA
Hey guys,
I appologize for the delay, I have been away from the forums for a little bit. I have forwarded the business plan to everyone that has PMed me.
Eric
Old 16 Jan 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2614419)   #30
steven2025
Rookie

steven2025 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwieland View Post
I am working on a business plan for my MBA class on bringing back an old track 30 mile away from me. Are they any examples out there that I can use for either reconstruction or new track development?

I just started working for a road course down in Texas. We have a more private feel, like a country club but with cars. It seems to be a successful business model if you can get the pricing right.

I just graduated from Mcoy business school, I would love to talk about your business plan!
Old 18 Jan 2010, 02:15 (Ref:2614909)   #31
ericwieland
Rookie

United States
Des Moines, IA
Steven,
I sent you an e-mail.
Eric
Old 28 Jan 2010, 22:07 (Ref:2621315)   #32
Mario12
Rookie

Mario12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey

Hello,

I would love to fine tune your project, collaboration makes perfect
Old 1 Feb 2010, 02:26 (Ref:2623385)   #33
ericwieland
Rookie

United States
Des Moines, IA
e-mail sent
Old 26 Mar 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2660401)   #34
ericwieland
Rookie

United States
Des Moines, IA
Update to the process.
We are planning to go the non-profit route with this track similar to High Plains Raceway.
We have met with investors and are looking at scaling back the infrastructure to help get this project off the ground sooner.
Old 9 May 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2687318)   #35
robertm
Rookie

robertm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am working on something similar....

Hi there,

I am writing from Malta, a small island in the middle of the mediterranean. We do not have a racing track on the islan and as my thesis for my MBA I am working on a business plan to asses the feasability of having a race track built and run here. WOUld really appreciate if I could have a look at your project...

Thanks and regards,

Robert
Old 11 May 2010, 00:29 (Ref:2688357)   #36
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, I cannot really imagine a race in Malta in the summer season NOT making a profit... Provided the country is ready for about 80-100 thousand more tourists for a weekend, of course

Good luck with your task.

bio
Old 12 May 2010, 09:57 (Ref:2689102)   #37
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck indeed. I know CART had plans to run in Malta sometime but that never happened and will never happen either as we know.
I think the best location could be hard to find. A large open area or disused airport do not exist. Ok there's two but one has been turned into roads and the other has been built on. A dragstrip exists on that second one though but there's just not enough space around it. I think turning the airport west of Attard in a semi permanent track would be your best bet. On mainland Europe such track have been very popular. Mostly in Belgium and France. Even Spa-Francorchamps started out as a temporary track on closed roads.
Good luck
Old 3 Jun 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2890735)   #38
okq8
Rookie

okq8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,

We are in the process of putting a business plan to open a track in Saudi. I know it has been some time since you were discussing the plan so what were the results? Im very interested to know how it went and if its possible share your business plan?

appreciate
Old 24 Sep 2011, 07:53 (Ref:2960300)   #39
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by okq8 View Post
Hi there,

We are in the process of putting a business plan to open a track in Saudi. I know it has been some time since you were discussing the plan so what were the results? Im very interested to know how it went and if its possible share your business plan?

appreciate
I probably won't be of much use but do you mind sending the BP anyway just of interest?
Old 14 Oct 2011, 15:54 (Ref:2971198)   #40
ericwieland
Rookie

United States
Des Moines, IA
Hello everyone, this process is still moving forward which prevents me from sending the business plan out anymore.

I am still looking for references about safety requirements for SCCA and other sanctioning bodies for the race track if anyone has any information on them.
Old 15 Oct 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2971525)   #41
tausif
Rookie

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
tausif should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

It might be worth asking your track designer to design your facility on FIA guidelines for new circuits. Grade 1 is for Formula One, while Grade 3 can be a good choice for a high-spec club circuit. What sort of cars are you planning to run on your track?
Old 15 Oct 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2971528)   #42
tausif
Rookie

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
Tracks in Saudi

Quote:
Originally Posted by okq8 View Post
Hi there,

appreciate
Hello,

I have done a number of business plans for new Saudi motorsport projects. I would be keen to learn what area is your new track being planned for?
Old 5 Nov 2011, 02:52 (Ref:2981748)   #43
bluestreek
Rookie

bluestreek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello everyone, I live in a Canadian Province called Prince Edward Island. Im a totally addicited motorcycle rider/racer, loving all kinds of motorsports racing. I have been researching the idea of approaching all 3 levels of government (Federal, Provincial and municiple) with the idea of building a new motorsports facility. The ONLY facility of this kind east of the province of Quebec is located near Halifax, Nova Scotia. This facility is over 30yrs old and is quickly aging itself out of existance. What I don't have is a business background or any kind of engineering experience....A TOTAL ROOKIE!! I need lots of help developing business plans, estimating construction cost, feasiblity studies...stuff like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! My eyes almost jumped outta my head when I found this thread...I had no idea that I wasn't the only dreamer out there!!!
Old 10 Nov 2011, 16:37 (Ref:2984033)   #44
tausif
Rookie

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
@ bluestreek,

I would be very keen to help with your project. Very much interested on the Canadian motorsport front. Do share an outline of what you envision?
Old 16 Nov 2011, 19:38 (Ref:2987382)   #45
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreek View Post
Hello everyone, I live in a Canadian Province called Prince Edward Island. Im a totally addicited motorcycle rider/racer, loving all kinds of motorsports racing. I have been researching the idea of approaching all 3 levels of government (Federal, Provincial and municiple) with the idea of building a new motorsports facility. The ONLY facility of this kind east of the province of Quebec is located near Halifax, Nova Scotia. This facility is over 30yrs old and is quickly aging itself out of existance. What I don't have is a business background or any kind of engineering experience....A TOTAL ROOKIE!! I need lots of help developing business plans, estimating construction cost, feasiblity studies...stuff like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! My eyes almost jumped outta my head when I found this thread...I had no idea that I wasn't the only dreamer out there!!!
I have a twin brother!
Old 17 Nov 2011, 14:31 (Ref:2987742)   #46
rhesus21
Rookie

rhesus21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I'm from Bulgaria and we have only one race track in my country. I had the idea of building a new one a year ago and recently I am gaining much enthusiasm about it. I know it will be very difficult because I have NO MBA degree, NO money and NO experience in anything closely related but I have a vision of the whole thing and that's enough for now. I read a lot of good advices here which I will use if you don't mind. Wish you all the best with your project and will be glad if you share how things are advancing.
Old 23 Nov 2011, 09:25 (Ref:2990348)   #47
ArgentBranding
Rookie

ArgentBranding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In regards to track development, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction as to the software generally used in track modeling. I would assume the large firms use a CAD program of some type.
Old 23 Nov 2011, 10:15 (Ref:2990379)   #48
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of people here simply use Google Sketchup but I suspect the big firms will use more sophisticated software.

Having said that, Sketchup is excellent for what it is - free and easy to use and understand (despite it's peculiar layering issues). Using that as your base for initial ideas would be good, moving onto something more sophisticated once you have basic ideas in place.
Old 23 Nov 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2990390)   #49
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'm always here to help as far as design goes...

I also offer a service where I can produce a 'mock up' that is fully raceable on rFactor, and can be used as a demonstration (Apex actually use this method).

Selby
Old 5 Jun 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3085726)   #50
vince305
Rookie

vince305 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found this site and thread whilst searching the good ole web for some information

Ive got absolutely no back ground in business but would like to write a business plan for a track but do not know where I would start ................ I dont even know what is within a business plan

Can someone point me in the right direction or be able to tell me where i can find out this information please