Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Nov 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3166039)   #1
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
James Strong to be new V8SC CEO

James Strong has informed Woolworths that he is going to be new V8SC boss, replacing TC.

Either my source is playing a very good practical joke on me, or it's all on.

I had heard the rumour a couple of weeks ago - very glad that it's turned out to be true.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3166047)   #2
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
James Strong has informed Woolworths that he is going to be new V8SC boss, replacing TC.
David Malone is the CEO, James Strong will be the non-executive Chairman. TC was Exec Chairman.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3166055)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Cochrane arguably did both the CEO and Chairman roles for some time

With Mr Strong, the series would get a known corporate, someone familiar to banks, sponsors, teams and perhaps the general public

Nice move..

Whilst Mr Strong is not likely to be courting the limelight to the same extent as Mr Cochrane needed to and managed to, the series has a safe pair of hands for the next chapter.

The world has changed, new corporate owners, different stakeholders, different brands, different sponsors

Should be a cracking next couple of years
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Nov 2012, 22:35 (Ref:3166058)   #4
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree GTR - although I think, at least in the early part, Strong will need to be as visible as Cochrane was.

He has such credibility and presence in the corporate community, having him as the 'face' of the series will be such a boost in the search for corporate support and credibility.

Potentially he will have a better chance of saving some of the government funded events such as Gold Coast and Townsville.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3166062)   #5
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You would have to say he is reasonably well credentialled, to say the least: http://www.woolworthslimited.com.au/...rong_Chairman/

Perhaps Mercedes-Benz Australia shouldn't have been so paranoid about V8 Supercar being too downmarket for them after all?
Old 14 Nov 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3166164)   #6
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very very smart man , he was my boss for many years before his stint as the head of AMIC - he does like to change things to his way , so if true we may see some worthwhile changes.
Old 17 Nov 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3167367)   #7
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jimmy Bowtie, took TAA airlines and rebranded into Australian Airlines in preperation for industry deregulation and also did a stint with Qantas, so it will be interesting to sit back and watch what he does with the V8's!
Old 17 Nov 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3167542)   #8
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Cochrane arguably did both the CEO and Chairman roles for some time

With Mr Strong, the series would get a known corporate, someone familiar to banks, sponsors, teams and perhaps the general public

Nice move..

Whilst Mr Strong is not likely to be courting the limelight to the same extent as Mr Cochrane needed to and managed to, the series has a safe pair of hands for the next chapter.

The world has changed, new corporate owners, different stakeholders, different brands, different sponsors

Should be a cracking next couple of years
I was going to say something else but your view has changed mine, Kudos GTR.