Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Jun 2002, 08:34 (Ref:315226)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Back home...

It must happend... we're back home

- First news : Evil Fuzzy, FastJoel31 and me won the "first retirement contest (AutoExe, after the 25 minutes of Le Mans ... poor Yojiro...)

- Second one : TVRFan won the "Pole Time" contest... but AdamAshmore is very close (182'''), FG is at 478''', a little bit far than me (405''')...

Waiting for the official result by our magic host, Ayse... (tried to square him at the track, but didn't succeed )...

-Third : Paul Collins won withour any discussion the "how many laps" contest, with a gap of 1 lap (!!! applause !!!). I feel very humiliated to be so far

Please don't give up, friends, I feel depressed to wait 363 days !

Last edited by Fab; 17 Jun 2002 at 08:44.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 08:54 (Ref:315240)   #2
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
back at desk at work. 2am bed, 7am school run....

fab - didn't see anyone either...great idea in practice - but not in reality...to many people and pictures to take.

fg - shame you don't do a written map for being lost in the outskirts of paris...boy we could have used that last night!

ayse...sorry the valliante boys moved you off the top of the welcome building - hope the new "stadium" section made up for it.

no more to say - i'm exhausted 5 hours sleep in 2 days - and ordinary traffic still sounds like the riley and scott in my head!

kdr
Old 17 Jun 2002, 09:05 (Ref:315250)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just got back, and what a great time I had, did not seem to see many of you, saw the ayse party in the village on Saturday morning.

best bit for me, well I have so many, but the hightlights are:-

Tertre Rouge and The Esses at Night, Porche Curves early Sunday morning, being on the track at the end, but the realy highlight being across from the MG pit for the start..................................oh and the MG girls

Anyway my bath is nearly run so I am going to and get in it and stay there for quite a while.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 09:22 (Ref:315264)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Good to have you, friends !

A small picture to stay in the mood, as if the race were still going...
Old 17 Jun 2002, 09:29 (Ref:315271)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
fab - didn't see anyone either...great idea in practice - but not in reality...to many people and pictures to take
I wandered friday morning and afternoon in the pitlane with my "Aysedasi" tee-shirt, hoping to be spoted, but without any result.

Friday afternoon, I spotted the *****, ready fot a water war between Arnage and Maison Blanche...

I tried to find FG, no more success... and I knew were he was !

I went to Kpy catering friday, but it was closed (or made I a mistake in finding it ?) :confused: Then, each time I went, there was too much crowd to have something...

And finaly found Ayse, thanks to a very precise rendez-vous... and I succeeded to meet the Tourists at Arnage , in the heat of the sunday morning ! ... Stoffer, see you in September for sure , I found the yellow Daytona !

I can't imagine it's over... and we had so much to see and to do ! Definitely hard to meet in the crowd...

Last edited by Fab; 17 Jun 2002 at 09:30.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 09:42 (Ref:315292)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Panoz ?

Quite a deception for me...
Old 17 Jun 2002, 15:55 (Ref:315476)   #7
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Back home...

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
-Third (news) : Paul Collins won withour any discussion the "how many laps" contest, with a gap of 1 lap (!!! applause !!!). I feel very humiliated to be so far
Again posting about this in the wrong thread, 'cos the right one is closed...

I heard on speed TV that Audi were going for the outright distance record. That was my rationale for choosing 376, as I didn't think they'd be able to touch the Jaguars or 917s records (pre Mulsanne chicanes).

FWIW, in 1993 the Peugeot went 375 laps, but the track was shorter - 13.600 km vs 13.880 today. So their distance was 5100 km. Audi went 5205 km in this race. In fact all three of their cars broke the distance record (post-Mulsanne chicanes).

I don't think it has the cache of saying they broke the all-time distance record (for marketing purposes), because how's a punter to know about Mulsanne? But quite an accomplishment nonetheless.
to Audi.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:49 (Ref:315597)   #8
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a dreadful second half to the race.. we left before the end.. but what a weekend!!

Fantastic atmosphere, great cars, great people and cheap beer by the bucket full.

The MG's were mighty impressive in the corners, but the Audis looked to be at a totally different level. Well done Morgan, although the car looked well wobbly in the Esses.

Plenty of good memories, roll on next year.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 19:26 (Ref:315627)   #9
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back home this afternoon after a great weekend at poste61 (mulsanne chicane 2) - reports to follow I'm sure.
Regards
ALAN
Old 17 Jun 2002, 22:42 (Ref:315749)   #10
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back too. Didn't get to meet up with anyone but saw the ***** in action!!

In spite of the predictable result the event remains something special. In years to come we will be boasting about having seen the R8 domination much as people boast about having seen the 917. And watching the WR struggle round for that final lap after 24 hours .... words fail.

BTW, from now on I shall listen to England football matches on the radio whilst playing Le Mans videos. I have never know 90 minutes of footy to pass so quickly!

FG
Old 18 Jun 2002, 07:55 (Ref:315873)   #11
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Back also, god I hate coaches. Never again, (until next year probably).

Another great race, and fantastic to see such a selection of cars on track. The MGs deserved more, and really should return for a third year of factory effort; they should learn from Toyota and not leave too soon.

Bentley did better than I expected, so fingers crossed for next year.

Audis were Audis, magnificent; now please go away!

WR team are now joint first on the bad luck stakes with the Porsche GT in 2000.

A big apology to Morgan who proved a lot ofus pleasantly wrong. They may even be competing for a GT podium next year.

And was I the only one to get irrated with the film cars. Especially letting the blue one out for the final lap when it had completed only 160 laps. To think that last year MG weren't allowed out when they had completed far more laps.

Highlight of the year: finally making it to the Mulsanne. Through several fields, down tracks, dodging marshalls and gendarmes and then 10 wonderful minutes by a barrier two-thirds the way along the straight before the first chicane. I can confirm that the cars go very fast on the Mulsanne!

Lowlight of the year: my utter failure to meet up with anyone from the forum. I couldn't even find Kpy's concession, kept getting lost in behind Dunlop. So shall we organise a time now for next year?
Old 18 Jun 2002, 08:03 (Ref:315877)   #12
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
I couldn't even find Kpy's concession, kept getting lost in behind Dunlop.
Neither could I!!! I'm sort of ashamed of myself, but relieved I'm not alone!

FG

Last edited by FG1; 18 Jun 2002 at 08:03.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 08:32 (Ref:315893)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Was it this one ? I went to it friday noon, expecting a meal, but it was closed... and to much overcrowded each time I went after...
Old 18 Jun 2002, 10:58 (Ref:315976)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Friel
What a dreadful second half to the race.. we left before the end.. but what a weekend!!
??

????!!!!

What didn't you enjoy Dan, I thought it was great last down to the last lap with the WR struggling round...
Old 18 Jun 2002, 11:08 (Ref:315985)   #15
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah that must have been good.. but didn't like the Audis being 8 laps ahead of everyone else (from early morning) with team orders at play.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 11:12 (Ref:315991)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Nor did anyone else, but the atmosphere was too good to simply go home! What if the Audis had some sort of disaster in the last hour when they all fell off (unlikely I know but stranger things have happened!) I bet you'd wished you'd stayed then!
Old 18 Jun 2002, 11:29 (Ref:316006)   #17
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
All very true.. and I'm the last to leave any sporting event.. but sometimes you get overruled! We had been there since early on Thursday and too many of us needed to at work at 6 am on Monday....

But those Audis were never going to break.. I think everyone knew that, and even the third placed car had a good 70 miles lead on the Bentley... I only missed two hours and the atmosphere on the Saturday was easily the best ever, so I think I got my fill!

Shall be back to Le Houx next year, and next year we're taking our motors..
Old 18 Jun 2002, 11:51 (Ref:316015)   #18
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to work now, Had a good time, nice to meet Craig, if only for a short while, race not the best I've seen, but as Craig says anything can happen even in the last 10 mins.
Saw people wearing Ayse's T shirts, but only from our grandstand.
Planning next years trip now.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 12:10 (Ref:316035)   #19
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Lowlight of the year: my utter failure to meet up with anyone from the forum.
So next year shall we sort something out before we go ! ! ! !

Quote:
I couldn't even find Kpy's concession, kept getting lost in behind Dunlop.
Me too, so kpy where were you hiding, but I did mange to get fantastic bacon buttie in Car Lark Blue
Old 18 Jun 2002, 21:14 (Ref:316510)   #20
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Tertre Rouge and The Esses at Night, Porche Curves early Sunday morning, being on the track at the end, but the realy highlight being across from the MG pit for the start..................................oh and the MG girls
Here's some our with Trayboy at the champagne bar on Saturday

And here's another one

Cheers
Rusty
Not long till next year now
Old 18 Jun 2002, 21:18 (Ref:316515)   #21
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
Oops, don't know what happened there !!!

I'll try again

Rusty
Attached Thumbnails
the brethrettes.jpg  
Old 18 Jun 2002, 21:19 (Ref:316516)   #22
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
Thats more like it.

And another one....way hay

Enjoy

Rusty
Attached Thumbnails
babe.jpg  
Old 18 Jun 2002, 21:50 (Ref:316541)   #23
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm... would it be terribly non-PC of me to say that I want her phone number?

And I want that number right now this minute.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 22:15 (Ref:316553)   #24
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
I think I could safely say that we all want that phone number Tim !!!

Rusty
Old 18 Jun 2002, 23:35 (Ref:316588)   #25
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Was it this one ? I went to it friday noon, expecting a meal, but it was closed... and to much overcrowded each time I went after...
No Fab, it was 100 metres to the left of your picture !!