Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jun 2002, 18:41 (Ref:316331)   #1
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spyker

Did anyone get a close look at the Spyker road cars near the paddock? The black C8 Double 12 had a technical feature that belittles Liz's rearward facing exhausts! The car appears to use the rear shutline of the door as an air intake. Without a photograph to show you this probably sounds completely daft but the engine bay is clearly visible through a half-inch gap all along the b-pillar, from floor to roof, the passenger compartment being sealed in front. Its as if a major cooling issue has been addressed without altering the car's styling... has anyone any idea how much these things cost??
Old 18 Jun 2002, 19:08 (Ref:316359)   #2
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Dunno but you can drop them a line via www.spykercars.com
Old 18 Jun 2002, 19:17 (Ref:316374)   #3
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Spyker

Quote:
Originally posted by Osella
Did anyone get a close look at the Spyker road cars near the paddock?
Yes - very very nice cars.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 20:29 (Ref:316459)   #4
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You were at LM then, and in an official job as I've seen at DSC, well done. Still, the Spyker looks bolted together. As for me, it's not a very nice car. They did a great job, though, if you have in mind that they appeared for their first start at LM (after a couple of hundert years). Talking of great jobs, I have to congratulate the Morgan crew. I never thought of such a success for them, very well done, indeed. Back to good looking cars: Take a look at the 550. That's looking great and it's fast, too. I'm not supporting 'Rarri here but if it just was... but didn't last.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 23:16 (Ref:316580)   #5
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was only a spectator. I did manage to sneak into the paddock, though - the Spyker road cars that were on display there looked everything but bolted together. The racecar...hm, it did look a little "rough".
Have you seen one up close?
Old 19 Jun 2002, 05:34 (Ref:316687)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

I shot this one from above, not very good with my small camera (and sorry, not very informative)...Nice facilities anyway...

Last edited by Fab; 19 Jun 2002 at 05:36.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 05:35 (Ref:316688)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
And the inside...
Old 19 Jun 2002, 06:33 (Ref:316695)   #8
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first time I saw them closely on display at a car exhibition was in Maastricht in the Netherlands early this year. I don't like the rivets on the fenders. That's what I mean with "bolted together". The one in the race proved that the Spykers are respectable cars but I simply don't like the looks.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 06:39 (Ref:316696)   #9
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The look of these cars certainly is different and won't be to everyone's taste; someone (was it Liz) described them as "Mad Max" cars, which is quite appropriate! I thought they were great, and would buy one tomorrow if I had the money, but I don't!

It would be nice to see the race car back next year without the restrictions.

FG
Old 19 Jun 2002, 06:42 (Ref:316698)   #10
FG1
Veteran

And yes, I realise that that would mean a Spyker AND a Saleen. Ahh! One can dream!

FG
Old 19 Jun 2002, 10:59 (Ref:316838)   #11
lucy birch
Rookie

lucy birch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to remember from last years july car magazine that they were around the £150,000 mark, but it didn't get a good write up in the article, hope thats some help
Old 19 Jun 2002, 11:10 (Ref:316849)   #12
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We got into the pit lane thursday during practice and spoke to 2 english guys in the spyker pit who told us that the race car was made in coventry, are the road cars the same?
The looks reminded me of a 60's type Ferrari from the rear, did any one else see this or was it my beer googles.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 11:50 (Ref:316879)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
The looks reminded me of a 60's type Ferrari from the rear, did any one else see this or was it my beer googles.
This is the "Kamm rear style", isn't it ?
Old 19 Jun 2002, 12:00 (Ref:316893)   #14
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
We got into the pit lane thursday during practice and spoke to 2 english guys in the spyker pit who told us that the race car was made in coventry, are the road cars the same?
The company is Dutch, so I had assumed that the cars were made there, but it doesn't surprise me that the race car was put together in England.

Their site is well worth a look, it's mentioned earlier in the thread but here it is again.

FG

http://www.spykercars.nl/home.htm
Old 19 Jun 2002, 16:47 (Ref:317021)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The road cars are $350,000 or thereabouts. You can watch yours being built as they put a webcam up for you! I asked at Sebring. The road cars are beautiful inside and out. The race cars are scary looking and Peter Kox was somewhat depressed about the way they drive, although he tried not to say so.

I love them. And I covet a Spyker Squadron jacket too.