Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 May 2001, 09:08 (Ref:90631)   #1
msps
Rookie

msps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Palmer Audi - Gideon

Congratulations to our forum member Gideon for winning the opening round of the new Formula Audi Palmer Championship.
Old 9 May 2001, 17:19 (Ref:90736)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, a fine effort - especially round the proper Brands GP circuit as well..

Looking forward to seeing how the series is this year, when it comes to Thruxton in July (if it's still on teh calendar that is??)
Old 11 May 2001, 23:54 (Ref:91380)   #3
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I'll second that - congrats Gideon, sorry I couldn't make it.
Old 12 May 2001, 00:09 (Ref:91381)   #4
farcnield

Yeah well done, from the times a tight fight, although i must say it was probably more of a race on the way out of the car park as all those weekend directors try to get out the gate in their mercs!
Come on that series is still a joke only now it can`t even get proper drivers! makes me laugh!!!

Farc.

Old 12 May 2001, 23:11 (Ref:91640)   #5
Gideon
Rookie

Gideon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks all...

So I'm not a proper driver then? Nor's Gino Ussi who has raced ARP F3, Formula Renault and other similar series in the past (and raced against Mika Hakkinen), and what about Steve Warburton who's been racing various saloon cars like the MGF Cup and the Rover Turbo series, or former Legends driver Ben Lewis, or former ARP F3 racer Steve Young???? Give us a break please. Just because we have proper jobs on the side doesn't mean we're not proper drivers. I'm a director of a company too but please don't tell me we're not proper drivers (And I don't drive a Merc).
Old 13 May 2001, 07:17 (Ref:91685)   #6
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good on ya Gideon.

It's good to see that the courage of your convictions has paid off in the best possible way - a race win.

Whatever the status of FPA in 12 months, you have started in exactly the right way to get yourself noticed for when driver decisions get made at the end of the season. I shall be watching the following rounds with interest.

Agree with you about most of the drivers you mentioned - Steve Warburton in particular is a seriously press-on competitor. But I worry about someone jumping from Leg Ends straight into FPA. That seems a step too far in my book.
Old 13 May 2001, 20:09 (Ref:92011)   #7
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, Stick up for the series. It looked a shame when it went bottom-up over the winter, but the series looks as good as ever. There are some good drivers out there this year. Teach 'Farc' a lesson, and beat 'em all again next time!! Good Luck