Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Oct 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3146850)   #26
fordo
Racer

fordo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waiting for a reply from Dan at Bowdens Own on this.

It seems odd that with a lot of magazines doing features on the cars from this era that carried such advertising at the moment, they are all showing complete images complete with signage - how is it different?

Dan made a brief comment about it on a photo of the Longhurst Sierra taken at the track -
Bill T - Why haven't they made you blur out Benson & Hedges on the side of the car? As you would have seen in the great intro to the coverage today they blurred out Marlboro on the A9X. Is that going a bit to far it doen't make me want to go out and buy a pack of ciggies.
13 hours ago · Like · 1

Pete M - I'm with you Bill ! They are showing some great retro footage and it sucks big time that they are blurring parts of the cars
12 hours ago · Like · 1

Bowden's Own Premium Car Care - Yes guys, they have not checked the rules about showing footage of the cars, and this year is totally absurd...
Old 5 Oct 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3146852)   #27
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does this mean they're going to come to my house and edit my Great Race books with a texta?
Old 5 Oct 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3146859)   #28
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Does this mean they're going to come to my house and edit my Great Race books with a texta?
That'll come next. If I owned one of those cars, I'd like to drive it around the circuit with a big "CENSORED" plastered over the offending sponsorship as a protest against this ridiculous act.
Old 5 Oct 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3146865)   #29
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
It is law that was passed by Government, No cigarette advertising. It is no different to F1 and the cars not running Cigarette advertising. What I was saying is it is a legal requirement of this Country, NO CIGARETTE ADVERTISING.
To a few people having the names removed, if that is important to you, OK, but until the LAW is changed (it wont be) that is it. Live with it. Is it not better to see the car with the advertising covered than not see the car at all.
But when did this law come into effect? Cigarette advertising was not blurred on V8 Xtra 2 weeks ago - so why now?

In all honesty it doesn't really bother me, but I don't think Seven can blame this on any law.
Old 5 Oct 2012, 23:55 (Ref:3146877)   #30
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They may bring out a special 50 years of Bathurst book out. You would be a little upset after paying your $150.00 only to get home to see all the old photo's have been photoshopped. But it's not all bad, we can still sit down every night at six o'clock and watch people killing each other or worse all over the world. It's time to go hug a tree now everyone.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3146882)   #31
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Richo's race suit was also missed by the nancy police, as he sits down in the intro you can clearly see Winfield Racing...beautiful logo that!!

What l find most amusing about all this BS is:
A: Yes smoking is not good for you & it 'can', not always 'will' cause cancer or an early death due to heart disease etc.

B: Sitting on the grid tomorrow will be half a dozen cars advertising a legal product (just like cigarettes!) that if you drank enough of it, you could die of alcohol poisoning within 24 hours!

Lets all drink to that!.....or smoke em if you got em!
Old 6 Oct 2012, 01:50 (Ref:3146896)   #32
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's all too much for me, I'm taking up petrol sniffing..........but which brand, hang on the cars are going through the Chase.........
Old 6 Oct 2012, 02:15 (Ref:3146900)   #33
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
would they do the same to old Bogart and James Dean movies.... what about 007??

then we could also turn to old League coverage.......

what a crock.
Depending on the channel and time of day, they do that here.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 03:18 (Ref:3146905)   #34
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think in the print medium, they have an exemption to show the cigarette advertising so that's why you will see it in the books/magazines etc.

I have already built a bridge, you guys are welcome to use it or just build your own to get over it...
Old 6 Oct 2012, 04:04 (Ref:3146910)   #35
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
I have already built a bridge, you guys are welcome to use it or just build your own to get over it...
I think the point is, people shouldn't have to build a bridge.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 05:05 (Ref:3146916)   #36
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I think in the print medium, they have an exemption to show the cigarette advertising so that's why you will see it in the books/magazines etc.

but I dont wanna cross that fake bridge of yours lol
Old 6 Oct 2012, 05:22 (Ref:3146918)   #37
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
It is law that was passed by Government, No cigarette advertising. It is no different to F1 and the cars not running Cigarette advertising. What I was saying is it is a legal requirement of this Country, NO CIGARETTE ADVERTISING.
To a few people having the names removed, if that is important to you, OK, but until the LAW is changed (it wont be) that is it. Live with it. Is it not better to see the car with the advertising covered than not see the car at all.
cigarette advertising was banned from 1996

cigarette names were not blurred out of historical footage on V8Xtra two weeks ago... why all of a sudden did they start doing it on October 5, 2012???
Old 6 Oct 2012, 05:44 (Ref:3146923)   #38
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As i zipped through the nonsense on the Tivo, I noticed this stupid editing, then I saw Moff having a bit of a cry, and I was astounded he would be so upset about this tobacco logo censorship.

Then I realised he was all teary because Noonz had asked him what lap his son will bin the Tru-Blue falcon tomorrow...
Old 6 Oct 2012, 05:49 (Ref:3146924)   #39
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

and Not Funny !
Old 6 Oct 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3147006)   #40
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, I just remembered this today. Top Gear Australia had a wonderful piece on Johnson driving Brock's A9X at Bathurst, which was recorded last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLO3Z7-9dzc

It is mentioned during the blurring that it was law. I thought it was Channel 9 being overly PC or because it was prime time.....

Why some networks have latched onto it and not others, I don't know.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3147018)   #41
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

I'm with you, it didn't bother me one bit and it's not worth worrying about.......it's probably the only thing the pollies have gotten right actually.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3147022)   #42
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
That'll come next. If I owned one of those cars, I'd like to drive it around the circuit with a big "CENSORED" plastered over the offending sponsorship as a protest against this ridiculous act.
We've got similar issues in Europe- IIRC, at a historic race meeting in France not too long ago, 70's/80's F1 cars were required to cover up period tobacco logos- and even crazier, I'm aware of at least one French racing forum which is now requesting posters to blur out tobacco logos in any historic pics they post- Utter madness....
Old 6 Oct 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3147025)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately, political correctness is now virtually all-pervading. When you reach the stage of actually seeking to erase history, I see that as pretty sad.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3147028)   #44
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
Actually, I just remembered this today. Top Gear Australia had a wonderful piece on Johnson driving Brock's A9X at Bathurst, which was recorded last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLO3Z7-9dzc

It is mentioned during the blurring that it was law. I thought it was Channel 9 being overly PC or because it was prime time.....

Why some networks have latched onto it and not others, I don't know.
They DIDN'T blur out the original footage of Brock, but they did blur out the new footage of DJ driving it? WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
I'm with you, it didn't bother me one bit and it's not worth worrying about.......it's probably the only thing the pollies have gotten right actually.
So you think that by bluring out the images, we've saved a life? Let me guess, you also think that driving at 62 will kill a busload of children?

This country is going to ****. Gone are the days where you could make a decision for yourself (also, for the record, my team is sponsored by an alcohol brand, yet i dont drink, imagine that...)
Old 6 Oct 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3147032)   #45
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad when the tobacco advertising from the historical footage at Bathurst has been blured out.

I had a Marlboro flag when I was 8 (still have it) and waved it as hard as I could every lap Peter Brock went past in the Sandown 500. And guess what I have never ever smoked a cigarette. I agree with banning of cigarette advertising but to cut it out of History is a poor reflection on were society is at present.

The people who support the removal of historical footage are no different than the extremists than still argue the Holocaust never happened.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 11:08 (Ref:3147036)   #46
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
They DIDN'T blur out the original footage of Brock, but they did blur out the new footage of DJ driving it? WTF

So you think that by bluring out the images, we've saved a life? Let me guess, you also think that driving at 62 will kill a busload of children?

This country is going to ****. Gone are the days where you could make a decision for yourself (also, for the record, my team is sponsored by an alcohol brand, yet i dont drink, imagine that...)
Hi Rick kelly!

They saved lives cause one look at brocks old livery will straight away move non-smokers to become smokers just like that.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3147040)   #47
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely ridiculous! Whatever next?
At the time, fag/tobacco advertising was legal, so what is the problem? And if I'm not mistaken, although they're bad for you, they're not actually banned. What about alcohol advertising?

Winston Cup, Marlboro, Rothmans Racing, Camel Trophy, Benson & Hedges Cup, Silk Cut Jaguar, Lucky Strike Suzuki, 555 Subaru, etc. all with some of the most iconic liveries ever seen.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 11:39 (Ref:3147044)   #48
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Hi Rick kelly!

They saved lives cause one look at brocks old livery will straight away move non-smokers to become smokers just like that.
No .
Old 6 Oct 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3147055)   #49
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the same cars were to compete at a historics event with either In Pit Lane or Gasoline showing a highlights package, their would be no problem.

If channel 10 were showing highlights of a 1980's or 90's GP it would not be a problem.

To broadcast vechicles in ther correct historical colours, as raced, should not be a major issue. It is history.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3147059)   #50
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
No .

it was a joke lol.