Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Feb 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2633697)   #776
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeN s142
FINAL results for Sunday’s Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour remain provisional. Post-race scrutineering found a turbo boost irregularity in the Evo IX of David and Des Wall and Trevor Symonds, which finished second.
The hearing was deferred pending further investigation
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Feb 2010, 09:02 (Ref:2633709)   #777
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmookeyj033 View Post
Do you reckon they could make a pole trophy out of that?

You can bet that it's already split & stacked on the woodpile at a council or SES worker's place?
Old 15 Feb 2010, 09:22 (Ref:2633712)   #778
gwg1010
Rookie

gwg1010 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
A lower-classed car? If you had the money to buy a BMW 335, you could buy 2 Evos.... almost!

Mr Bowe calls for more car company support

It would be great if Speedcafe would fix their typos though...
If i had the money i would definatley go for the 335i, if i only had the evos money i would be more than happy with the 130i or 135i.
The sound of the 335i with that 6 cylinder motor as it overtook the V8 Holden Wagon down conrod was awsome.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2633726)   #779
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeN s142
FINAL results for Sunday’s Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour remain provisional. Post-race scrutineering found a turbo boost irregularity in the Evo IX of David and Des Wall and Trevor Symonds, which finished second.
The hearing was deferred pending further investigation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Cars are still in Parc Ferme. Don't start celebrating too early
So the grapevine was correct.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 15 Feb 2010, 11:23 (Ref:2633750)   #780
deano2
Racer

deano2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
busted
Old 15 Feb 2010, 23:21 (Ref:2634071)   #781
Wazm
Rookie

Wazm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mr Hill had glanced the inside wall with the LH front of his car (or so team boss Warren Davis said on the teev...) and the car was stopped on the far left of this picture

The pilot tried and tried and tried to start the car, but I suspect the battery was not strong enough to start the thing. The lights were dim, the wipers were slow.
With the amount of oil spewing from under the car, it isn't any wonder he couldn't start it! Lucky thing that he tried however as if he hard decided to get out of the car then who knows what may have happened when the hit happened. BTW, I was the official on the spot beside the car on the wall. I was about to get down and help him out but decided to move further down the wall instead, to try and get the following cars to move over on the track to avoid exactly what happened next. Glad I did or I may not be here now!

man that was a BIG hit!!!
Old 16 Feb 2010, 00:46 (Ref:2634103)   #782
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You are VERY lucky! Mr Hill would likely have a sore neck even with HANS

Bana Heartbroken
Old 16 Feb 2010, 01:05 (Ref:2634113)   #783
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Holly Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Bana Heartbroken
"Eric Bana's exit from the V8's race breaks his heart".

"ERIC Bana's sudden exit from the Bathurst 12-hour V8 race on Sunday is said to have almost broken the actor's heart."

Now that's research!
"There is no need to do massively expensive windtunnel testing, or all the other things that they do to get the extra second or two." - Richard Branson, on the eve of the 2010 season. Good luck Timo, you'll need it.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 01:05 (Ref:2634114)   #784
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

Bana Heartbroken
Taken from the telegraph article

Bathurst 12-hour V8 race

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 16 Feb 2010, 01:12 (Ref:2634116)   #785
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
What penalty would they hand out? The car is already donald ducked.. cant get worse than that
Old 16 Feb 2010, 01:18 (Ref:2634120)   #786
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is just hoped that they dont open this race up for other cars such as the Mosler, which has been suggested. It was a great race as is without too much changing.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 01:24 (Ref:2634124)   #787
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Bana Heartbroken
Nice headline/standard of "journalism"...

"Eric Bana's exit from the V8's race breaks his heart"

/oops - too late times two!
Old 16 Feb 2010, 01:44 (Ref:2634129)   #788
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
It is just hoped that they dont open this race up for other cars such as the Mosler, which has been suggested. It was a great race as is without too much changing.
Mosler?.......who was the goose that suggested the Mosler? Even worse than suggesting the W427.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 01:55 (Ref:2634134)   #789
Wazm
Rookie

Wazm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the way they keep saying the car broke down! It was going no where except onto a tilt tray and a major repair! It hit the wall for heaven sake!!!

Broken down is when the motor stops by means other than the front end being wrapped round it and having the front suspension broken. Even the Bathurst 12 hour site has the car listed as "stopped with an unknown problem".
Old 16 Feb 2010, 02:02 (Ref:2634136)   #790
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Word has it that the Wall Evo is disq.

Old 16 Feb 2010, 02:11 (Ref:2634137)   #791
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazm View Post
I love the way they keep saying the car broke down! It was going no where except onto a tilt tray and a major repair! It hit the wall for heaven sake!!!

Broken down is when the motor stops by means other than the front end being wrapped round it and having the front suspension broken. Even the Bathurst 12 hour site has the car listed as "stopped with an unknown problem".
The pic I loaded previously clearly shows the driver's front driveshaft & suspension missing from the car... must have been a nice old clip of a wall?
Old 16 Feb 2010, 02:13 (Ref:2634138)   #792
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Word has it that the Wall Evo is disq.

Boost running at too high a level? Do they run a data logger to monitor this, or does it get tested statically after the event?

And oh yeah, another 2nd placing for you-know-who if this comes to pass...
Old 16 Feb 2010, 03:01 (Ref:2634149)   #793
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Boost running at too high a level? Do they run a data logger to monitor this, or does it get tested statically after the event?

...and if car's 20, 50 and 1 cop penalties(1 minute penalty at least?) for speeding/racing through double yellows as reported immediately by the flag marshal at 6 with the Hill Evo crash (who was extremely agitatited by no less than 14 cars ignoring double yellows and the warning lights) ...new headline, Seton wins Bathurst.???
Old 16 Feb 2010, 03:08 (Ref:2634152)   #794
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post
...and if car's 20, 50 and 1 cop penalties(1 minute penalty at least?) for speeding/racing through double yellows as reported immediately by the flag marshal at 6 with the Hill Evo crash (who was extremely agitatited by no less than 14 cars ignoring double yellows and the warning lights) ...new headline, Seton wins Bathurst.???

Old 16 Feb 2010, 03:09 (Ref:2634154)   #795
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I believe the alleged problem lies more with tyre compounds than turbos.
You're allowed to choose between soft, hard and rain tyres but you can't mix and match different types of tyre on the front and back ends of the car.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 03:56 (Ref:2634159)   #796
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by B24 View Post
The ability to sit at home and watch the race live,online is a commendable effort to the organisers of the event.

Well done to all involved.
Agreed. That alone will provide a huge boost to the awareness and enthusiasm for the event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Very, very stupid indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
The Beemer before him was lucky not to hit the Lancer, or smack the wall getting sideways as he swerved.

2 Guys going hard, when they shouldn't have been.

Double yellow point is VERY Valid!
Regarding this crash - I'd like to point out that according to the cameras, there was no yellow flag waved at all prior to the stationary car being hit. I was watching it as it happened, along with the replays - the yellow flag appeared to only be waved AFTER the crash, not before.

Quote:
Mr Bowe cane thru that section at mach 2, sideways, missed, so did Mr McConville, while Mr Herridge came thru that section and absolutely poleaxed the thing....

Missed flags, crap surface, poor brakes (the red car had problems with caliper pistons on one of the stops) genuine driving mistake
I disagree. Herridge was blind sided by the car in front of him, which swerved out of the way at the last minute. Far as missing the flags go, as I said, as far as I could see there was NO waved yellow flag until after the crash!

Regarding the tree - that was unbelievable to watch as it unfolded. My highlight was the commentators joking that Inky Tulloch had jumped in the recovery truck and was racing the wrong way up conrod straight. That was hilarious. They had alot of fun with the tree incident. Some of the best commentating I've experienced, throughout the whole race in fact. Especially that one bloke whos name I can never remember - the slightly larger carriage gentleman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
I've been following this thing for the past 3 years, and I honestly think (be it the rain, or the Tree/Accident stopping the race for some time) this is some of the closest racing I've seen in it.

Stevo's right - this event needs to have a few more players.

I guess it's kind of up to us to get to the National's or watch SBS and make sure we get behind Production racing as a group, eh?
Agree with all those points. Even on this forum of enthusiasts, there is a huge focus on V8s.

The race was definitely the most exciting one I've seen since the event was brought back this decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Loved the live feed and the commentary was A+. Pity it only peaked at 2000ish viewers.
2000 is a huge number! When you consider how many people have access and know-how to access the stream and all the other factors, 2000 people viewing the stream is a very good result. I watched the stream from the beginning at 6 AM, even at that hour there were 350+ people watching! You can probably guess which user I was in the twitter chat - that social element coupled extremely well with the live coverage. Even better being able to chat along with the likes of Denyer, Tander, and co.
The chat degenerated towards the end of the race as the V8 knuckle draggers joined in, asking Tander what he had for breakfast etc.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 07:44 (Ref:2634210)   #797
knitty_racing
Rookie

knitty_racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

Firstly just like to echo all the positive comments made already about this event - if you have a chance, come along next year, it is excellent. The rain can stay away though...

Got a few photos from across the weekend:

1. Safety car spins at Chase

2. Gotta feel for the supports, the Porsches didn't get to turn many laps in anger

3. Mr Owen has a yawn while waiting for the tree to be cleared. I went over to Forests to get a shot of the tree, but by the time I got there it was gone! Hats off the the SES for such a quick response. Would have liked to get a pic of it though!

The winner! Did anyone else catch Mr Morris' 'Wall in the wall' comment in the post race press conference?

Have a good one!
Old 16 Feb 2010, 08:10 (Ref:2634221)   #798
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
I like your pics knitty.......well done!
Old 16 Feb 2010, 09:03 (Ref:2634243)   #799
kowalski the lone driver
Rookie

Australia
brisbane
kowalski the lone driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that Mr Bright having a chat to Mr McConville?
Old 16 Feb 2010, 09:48 (Ref:2634262)   #800
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplater View Post
I believe the alleged problem lies more with tyre compounds than turbos.
You're allowed to choose between soft, hard and rain tyres but you can't mix and match different types of tyre on the front and back ends of the car.
Cars were allocated 8 sets of tyres, nothing says you have to run the same compound on all 4 wheels, just that you can only use those 8 sets of tyres....