Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Mar 2013, 03:25 (Ref:3212545)   #26
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Lewis Hamilton..
Old 1 Mar 2013, 03:58 (Ref:3212552)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I'm gonna say.... Mark Webber!

Please...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Mar 2013, 05:53 (Ref:3212571)   #28
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Please...

Crosses fingers and everything else. Carn Pottsie!

I think it'll be him or Button. Ill start celebrating if someone takes out Vettel
Old 1 Mar 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3212643)   #29
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Sebastien Vettel will win for sure.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 09:51 (Ref:3212655)   #30
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Red Bull's pace yesterday, Webber's tendancy to choke at home and his all round general averageness, I have to change my mind to the finger man.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 09:56 (Ref:3212656)   #31
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
The fingerman makes everyone look averageness, go Vettel!
Old 6 Mar 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3215038)   #32
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber really has something to prove this season especially to Helmut Marko, Mark will give him the finger and take his home GP.
Old 6 Mar 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3215160)   #33
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OZ GP

I reckon the guy driving the car with black tyres and white fireproof underwear !
Old 6 Mar 2013, 17:14 (Ref:3215166)   #34
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi

My head says Vettel but thats a bit boring and predictable so I'll go for Kimi... If the Lotus is still as gentle on its tyres as last year then this years more fragile tyres could throw Kimi/Lotus a trump card.
Old 6 Mar 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3215292)   #35
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More impossible to predict than the championship, surely.
Old 7 Mar 2013, 00:26 (Ref:3215327)   #36
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel wins by 2 laps.
Old 7 Mar 2013, 01:41 (Ref:3215337)   #37
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
We are in for a BIG surprise and YOU are going to say "no way"
Old 7 Mar 2013, 01:43 (Ref:3215338)   #38
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
We are in for a BIG surprise and YOU are going to say "no way"
Max Chilton wins in a Marussia 1 2?
Old 7 Mar 2013, 01:52 (Ref:3215342)   #39
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Max Chilton wins in a Marussia 1 2?

I don't think so...
Old 7 Mar 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3215608)   #40
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
If the Ferrari is within a second of the Red Bull on pure pace, it will be Alonso.
Old 7 Mar 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3215718)   #41
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Hamilton! Dead Cert.
Old 7 Mar 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3215767)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
If the Ferrari is within a second of the Red Bull on pure pace, it will be Alonso.
hello

If Ferrari start well that will bode well for them over the rest of the season. Last year they started the season poorly, albeit picked up points, and were in with a shout.

I'm afraid I'm going to be boring and say Vettel though. Although not from pole
Old 8 Mar 2013, 05:44 (Ref:3215846)   #43
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Safe bet is Vettel.

Otherwise could be Alonso with the testing pace the Ferrari had, Button since he always goes well at Melbourne, or Grosjean if Lotus has improved further - he was very quick the last 2 Aussie GPs. Webber's homefield advantage probably won't help him but you never know.

Will Hamilton make the top 10 though?
Old 8 Mar 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3215941)   #44
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post

Will Hamilton make the top 10 though?
That car is more than good enough for a podium, at the very least.
Old 8 Mar 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3216035)   #45
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the driver who finishes in first place will win, unless they get disqualified
Old 10 Mar 2013, 01:16 (Ref:3216551)   #46
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
That car is more than good enough for a podium, at the very least.
Could be. But at the end of 2012 it wasn't. It wasn't really good enough for a top 10 even. Lotus, Ferrari, RB, McLaren were all definitely better, and Sauber, Williams, FI were sometimes better too. Hell, even Toro Rosso had them beat sometimes.

They were good at the start of 2012 though, good enough for podiums, so maybe they'll start the same way in 2013 and this time won't lose touch.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 01:21 (Ref:3216554)   #47
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably a Red Bull. I think it will be Vettel. I do think that Ferrari have a decent car this year. I get the feeling that McLaren are off the pace at the moment.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3216701)   #48
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Could be. But at the end of 2012 it wasn't. It wasn't really good enough for a top 10 even. Lotus, Ferrari, RB, McLaren were all definitely better, and Sauber, Williams, FI were sometimes better too. Hell, even Toro Rosso had them beat sometimes.
You know all the cars are different this year?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 21:14 (Ref:3216771)   #49
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Vettel, easy. Basically because their car has been the one to beat.
Old 11 Mar 2013, 04:18 (Ref:3216879)   #50
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
You know all the cars are different this year?
That doesn't mean there'll be any change in the pecking order. Most of this years cars are just an evolution of last year, the only changes will be who found a bit more over winter, and the tyres will make a difference.

Mercedes, at the end of 2012, were consistently 1-1.5secs off the leaders pace. I bet they're a bit closer than that now, but I'll eat my hat if they're now faster than McL, RB and Ferrari.