Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Mar 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3220165)   #26
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sutil , a great comeback drive . Huge kudos to Massa and Kimi . Why does Di Resta assume his team mate should move over for him ?
Old 17 Mar 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3220169)   #27
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Di Resta for me, got the best out of the car that he could. Yes Sutil did well too but he was fortunate to be able to start on the hard tyre, had he had to start on the soft tyre like the other drivers ahead of him I doubt he would have led the race. Good job by Raikkonen too, kept his cool and had Alonso in check.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3220221)   #28
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi. Fastest lap on the oldest tires. First to cross the line by a wide margin when starting 7th. Played it cool at the start to stay out of trouble and passed when he needed to. He made it look easy.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3220252)   #29
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Kimi! I think this guy used to overdrive and be unnecessarily hard on cars ... when he made his comeback last year, he was noticeably more careful, consistent and smooth (albeit not as quick early on). Kimi Mk 2 is driving better than he ever has and, with these new tyre rules and a car that looks the best race package, he's easily the favorite to take it out this year. Big call after race 1 but 12 of the last 18 AGP winners have. Looked sublime yesterday and I said to my stepson after about lap 8 that he looked the winner.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3220271)   #30
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutil, first class showing. I hope Lewis congratulated him.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3220274)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Potsie... for again putting up with the only car in the field with no working electronics aboard.. no telemetry, no KERS.. nothing... and still dragging a result from it!

Plenty of passing going on from nowhere.. aggressive, angry passing... a pity the fundamental package wasnt good enough to get higher up in race trim..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Mar 2013, 23:06 (Ref:3220287)   #32
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
It was great to see Kimi get the win (and talking pretty well on the podium) but I'm going to give it to Alonso. He had more challenges from other drivers to deal with and as usual never stopped pushing.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 00:19 (Ref:3220306)   #33
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Kimi - was never a fan of his in his first incarnation - I was wrong apparently.

Great drive by Sutil, under what must have been enormous pressure.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 00:59 (Ref:3220316)   #34
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Definitely Kimi... made Grosjean look rubbish.
At least in Alonso's case Massa wasn't that far back.

Sutil was great considering he's been out a year. But like someone else said, starting on the mediums made his race look better than it actually was - no one would have noticed him if he started on the supersofts and finished 3 seconds ahead of his teammate.

What's the bet on Bianchi replacing someone up the grid before the year is out? I was thinking Sutil might have lost touch with his time out, like MS did for a while, but he just proved me wrong with that drive, so maybe Esteban.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 06:26 (Ref:3220361)   #35
Kassai
Rookie

France
Kosice
Kassai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Sutil, but Kimi and Jules were up there. Very solid first race for Esteban after his mistake during qualifying. Very disappointed by McLaren, Grosjean and Caterham.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 06:28 (Ref:3220364)   #36
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
kimi Raikonen!
Old 18 Mar 2013, 09:20 (Ref:3220415)   #37
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to go for Kimi but like a lot of other post Sutil impressive first drive after his hiatus.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 10:54 (Ref:3220457)   #38
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Kimi was the easy choice for me.
Of the others, Sutil drove very well, but he caught the eye more due to the different strategy he was on (IMO). Alonso and Massa both went well. And on that showing Jules Bianchi looks a bit special.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3220533)   #39
Dave_G
Racer

United States
Vermont, USA
Dave_G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi knows what he's doing.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3220552)   #40
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutil. Had the tyre strategy been better at the end, he could have well finished 5th. Move over Di Resta, you are now number 2 driver!
Old 18 Mar 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3220606)   #41
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kimi. For the drive, the win *and* proving that he can string together complete sentences on the podium while grinning. A true multi-tasker.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3220608)   #42
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Kimi. For the drive, the win *and* proving that he can string together complete sentences on the podium while grinning. A true multi-tasker.
well ... 2 out of 3 aint bad

instead of "string together complete sentences" you could have said "skol champers"
Old 18 Mar 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3220701)   #43
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got to give it to Sutil. Amazing drive from him, and after being away from F1 for so long.

Kimi gets a very honourable runner-up position from me.

Likewise, Alonso gets a superb third place.

I'll give special mentions to both of the Mercedes' drivers. Nico was stunning in the wet weather qualifying - a shame his car went bang! Lewis had a decent first race outing with his new team.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3220741)   #44
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sutil. Great return.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3220845)   #45
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Potsie... for again putting up with the only car in the field with no working electronics aboard.. no telemetry, no KERS.. nothing... and still dragging a result from it!

Plenty of passing going on from nowhere.. aggressive, angry passing... a pity the fundamental package wasnt good enough to get higher up in race trim..
If he'd started the race at the same time as everyone else he might have done even better
Old 18 Mar 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3220855)   #46
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
If he'd started the race at the same time as everyone else he might have done even better

Old 18 Mar 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3220881)   #47
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Likewise, Alonso gets a superb third place.

Outqualified by Massa, outraced by Massa, only benefitted from Ferrari screwing Massa over!
Old 18 Mar 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3220900)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Maybe Potsie should start from pitlane next week?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Mar 2013, 01:45 (Ref:3220941)   #49
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kimi for me.

Sutil was great, shame he had to put the super-soft tyres on, but everyone else had, so can't really complain.

Vergne and Massa were also impressive over the whole weekend, I thought.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 02:50 (Ref:3220965)   #50
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Outqualified by Massa, outraced by Massa, only benefitted from Ferrari screwing Massa over!
Yes, the Alons-centricity is going to cost them this year I reckon. I got exasperated when they played the radio message to Massa on his old tyres; "show us what you can do" ...
"Well I outqualified Fernando, I'm beating Fernando ... anything else?"
"Yes, when you catch up to him again, just slot in behind..."