Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 20 Feb 2010, 10:00 (Ref:2636857)   #676
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I said in the Campos thread, maybe Hurley will look to recouphis investment by investing in Stefan and making US F1 the supplier for the 2011 Stefan/Chad F1 chassis when they have to build their own.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2636867)   #677
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShenise View Post
(keep thinking of the chubby bloke from Lost)
I think Hurley decided to leave when he saw that the wind tunnel numbers were bad......
Old 20 Feb 2010, 11:53 (Ref:2636960)   #678
GolddustMini
Veteran

Ken anderson is whinging about FIA fines for not showing up to races which they agreed to show up to (i.e bahrain to adu dhabi inclusive!) apparently fines would be unfair.... thems the rules chap!
Old 20 Feb 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2636963)   #679
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini View Post
Ken anderson is whinging about FIA fines for not showing up to races which they agreed to show up to (i.e bahrain to adu dhabi inclusive!) apparently fines would be unfair.... thems the rules chap!
While what you say is correct there is another side to the debate. If the FIA genuinely want the team to compete what is the point in imposing fines which would destroy the team and prevent them from ever competing.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 12:08 (Ref:2636966)   #680
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Autosport carries it too

Do those blokes @ tailenders know something we dont? There is a sketch in there about USF1, or more accurately Mr Windsor, changing the first race from Bahrain to Barcelona...

Creepy
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 20 Feb 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2636986)   #681
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I don't understand is that if USF1 were always so far behind with their car development why didn't they get the Toyota chassis? Unlike Stefan, USF1 actually have an entry in the championship.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2636990)   #682
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Because they didn't have any money, they have never had any money, they will never have any money - it was all hot air.

They hoped that sponsors would flock towards them quickly enough for them to catch up and get a car ready, but they didn't.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 13:17 (Ref:2637010)   #683
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think Hurley decided to leave when he saw that the wind tunnel numbers were bad......
But USF1 only had CFD and don't even have a wind tunnel LOL.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 13:24 (Ref:2637019)   #684
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Because they didn't have any money, they have never had any money, they will never have any money - it was all hot air.

They hoped that sponsors would flock towards them quickly enough for them to catch up and get a car ready, but they didn't.
The interview Anderson has done is disguisting and an embarassment to those of us in the us who actually know and care about F1. They've had ample time (even KA & PW said they've been working on this for years)to get their act together and typical bs after bs, etc. and now this article. Do they not know how to read - You CAN'T MISS ANY of the races - rules are rules and apply to any of the game players, just who do they think they are that they can bend those rules. I hope the other teams vote them down and Stefan gets the spot. Only a true idiot would give the bs'ers more money, especially with the promise (reoccuring promises that never follow thru) they'd be at Barcelona - not a snowball's chance in **** of that happening.

GO STEFAN
Old 20 Feb 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2637025)   #685
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
Uh, yes they do. They have one of the most advanced windtunnels in the world
Old 20 Feb 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2637041)   #686
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Good for you.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2637061)   #687
GolddustMini
Veteran

Quote:
they used windsheer did they not, virgin only used CFD in their design. LOL
Old 20 Feb 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2637080)   #688
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Good for you.
/facepalm
Old 20 Feb 2010, 15:02 (Ref:2637105)   #689
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
I heard it makes fantastically quick...

...Toasters
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 20 Feb 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2637107)   #690
92scotland
Racer

United Kingdom
92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
The interview Anderson has done is disguisting and an embarassment to those of us in the us who actually know and care about F1. They've had ample time (even KA & PW said they've been working on this for years)to get their act together and typical bs after bs, etc. and now this article. Do they not know how to read - You CAN'T MISS ANY of the races - rules are rules and apply to any of the game players, just who do they think they are that they can bend those rules. I hope the other teams vote them down and Stefan gets the spot. Only a true idiot would give the bs'ers more money, especially with the promise (reoccuring promises that never follow thru) they'd be at Barcelona - not a snowball's chance in **** of that happening.

GO STEFAN
I must say very well said... Stefan have their car fired up and ready for action so just let them in, they would do a far better job than any of the new teams imo.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 15:38 (Ref:2637121)   #691
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92scotland View Post
I must say very well said... Stefan have their car fired up and ready for action so just let them in, they would do a far better job than any of the new teams imo.
Yes, but the sad thing is the Stefan isn't a 'new team' it's effectively another Brawn, I.E. exisiting equipment under new management, which kind of undermines the whole essence of the new teams idea.

It would be even more embarrassing if they turned up and weren't better than the new teams.

Lotus and Simtek have done bloody well to actually get out there in the time and resources they've had available, Campos and US haven't been as lucky unfortunately, but had either of them been given the opportunity to pcik up an existing teams's equipment then they wouldn't have half the problems they have now.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2637146)   #692
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yes, but the sad thing is the Stefan isn't a 'new team' it's effectively another Brawn, I.E. exisiting equipment under new management, which kind of undermines the whole essence of the new teams idea.

It would be even more embarrassing if they turned up and weren't better than the new teams.

Lotus and Simtek have done bloody well to actually get out there in the time and resources they've had available, Campos and US haven't been as lucky unfortunately, but had either of them been given the opportunity to pcik up an existing teams's equipment then they wouldn't have half the problems they have now.
Simtek? I think you mean Virgin......
Old 20 Feb 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2637153)   #693
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubble View Post
Simtek? I think you mean Virgin......
I think he's referring to the Wirth link

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 20 Feb 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2637156)   #694
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

If the FIA Gives them the right to miss 4 races the teams that busted their humps to be ready will be upset. Further then Campos could ask for the same exemption and it would be hard to refuse them.
From what we have seen it would be another 6 or so weeks of will they or won't they. Likely they still will not be ready if the supposed inside stories are correct. They likely are as 'Composite Ken' has been right so far.
If the FIA turn them down then Windbag and Anderson have their scapegoat, the nasty ol FIA.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2637172)   #695
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

They had as much chance to buy the equipment as Stefan did, if not more as both of them actually had confirmed entries...so what's their excuse. They chose not to purchase equipment that may have got them on the grid. Their fault, not Stefan's for bothering to make the effort...

I do still just wish that we were talking about Lola & Prodrive rather than Campos & USF1...

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 20 Feb 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2637174)   #696
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If the FIA can find a way to permit Stefan to fill the vacant slot until USF1 are ready,it would give the track owners the numbers they were promised.If after four races,there is no sign of a car from USF1 the entry could be switched.Outside the rules perhaps,but it would give Stephan a chance to show their ability to compete and keep the grid full.The years of planning that are alleged to have been devoted to the USF1 project would appear not to have had any time allocated to contingency planning.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2637175)   #697
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamone View Post
I think he's referring to the Wirth link
Yeah, I thought that.....but still.....the team is called Virgin, not Simtek
Old 20 Feb 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2637176)   #698
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Old 20 Feb 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2637197)   #699
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Not exactly related to the thread, (but I didn't want to start another) does anyone know in say the last 15 or so years what the lowest entry list has been for an F1 race?

I seem to recall back in either 1996 or maybe 1997 there was a race with only 17 entrants?
Old 20 Feb 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2637199)   #700
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure, depends on what you class as an entrant. I don't think there has been a race for a long time with less than 20 entrants but there have been a few with less than 20 starters - USA 2005, France 2002, Hungary and Japan last year