Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 26 Feb 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2641156)   #851
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post

Funniest thread ever!
certainly it's one of the ryest!
Old 26 Feb 2010, 21:21 (Ref:2641163)   #852
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As much as this thread is filling and satisfying, I'm finding it hard to swallow.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2641180)   #853
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
Do you suppose that's what was being loaded into the clave? It wasn't a mock tub, it was a giant baguette?
No wonder they're worried about the crash test!
Old 26 Feb 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2641182)   #854
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
At yeast we can all see the funny side.

Wo,ho, ho ho my sides are split(tin)ing.....
Old 26 Feb 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2641183)   #855
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually that wasn't too disimilar to the other teams nose cones.... it smashed into thousands of bits like the rest.

No doubt the other teams will try to ban it and there will be an almighty bun fight.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2641190)   #856
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
Their main problem is obviously a lack of dough.
A lot of good ones, but this is my fave.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 01:22 (Ref:2641257)   #857
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I fell ashamed, specially for López, because he seems to be swindled by USF1 and he (and his followers) had many hopes to join F1, even in a bandwagon. During last days, his managers made desperate attempts to follows the footsteps of Chad Hurley (To Campos? To Stefan?) in order to secure a seat anywhere but nothing is confirmed.

It's a great shame because many Argentinians supported the project and was serious backing coming from Government and private Argentine fundings. It's harsh to see that López might think to race back to Argentinian Touring cars for this year, mostly when he'd "burned the ships" in order to encourage to his F1 project.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 01:46 (Ref:2641265)   #858
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mr Windsor has been quite aloaf these days. Where did he go?
Old 27 Feb 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2641333)   #859
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I feel more sorry for B Senna, it looks as though he is going to be shoehorned out of his Campos seat in favor of a pay driver.

So for the second year running it looks as though his F1 career is being put on hold.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2641606)   #860
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I feel more sorry for B Senna, it looks as though he is going to be shoehorned out of his Campos seat in favor of a pay driver.

So for the second year running it looks as though his F1 career is being put on hold.
I'm not so sure of that. He may keep his seat at Campos.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 20:57 (Ref:2641664)   #861
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they make it to the grid I propose a toast to them

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 27 Feb 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2641666)   #862
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am interested to hear what Charlie Whiting found when he visited their facility this past week..

They should ask to join the grid next year if indeed this is a practical solution to the current situation USF1 find themselves in..
Old 27 Feb 2010, 21:22 (Ref:2641670)   #863
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think that StefanGP will make it after all...
Old 27 Feb 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2641674)   #864
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Might just be what's kneaded.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 23:27 (Ref:2641728)   #865
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully, Mr. Whiting found some cracking good marmelade.

Great jokes guys, each and every one. A toast to you James.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 00:11 (Ref:2641744)   #866
DanShenise
Racer

United States
Atlanta, via St. Pete Beach
DanShenise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Mr Windsor has been quite aloaf these days. Where did he go?"

He's been aloof too, but I'll go with the whole loaf thing as well.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 00:45 (Ref:2641766)   #867
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting rumours are that Stefan GP has not paid the final instalment and taken posession of the Toyota cars...
Old 28 Feb 2010, 00:58 (Ref:2641769)   #868
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
All joking apart, Adam Cooper reports that Ken Anderson and Peter Windsor are blocking attempts by Chad Hurley to align US F1 with Stefan GP in some way. I can understand that this will have frustrated Zoran Stefanovich, but if he really has had another dig at the FIA as well that really is not the way to get on the grid on Bahrain.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 02:51 (Ref:2641785)   #869
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It's all a bit sad really...
Old 28 Feb 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2641949)   #870
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
It is. I just wish the FIA would act on it. Perhaps Monday?
Old 28 Feb 2010, 19:14 (Ref:2642099)   #871
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
It is alright. Exactly the kind of thing Formula One didn't need to happen in the US. This has the same terminal fatalistic air about it as Donington had.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2642132)   #872
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
This has the same terminal fatalistic air about it as Donington had.
That's a very perceptive comment.

I completely agree.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2642157)   #873
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
It is alright. Exactly the kind of thing Formula One didn't need to happen in the US. This has the same terminal fatalistic air about it as Donington had.
In a nutshell you have summed it up. This is exactly how it feels, shocking to say the least...
Old 1 Mar 2010, 00:30 (Ref:2642343)   #874
deletraz
Rookie

United States
Phoenix, AZ
deletraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly, I'm not sure this has any impact on F1 in the US.

It certainly would have been nice to have a home team to root for, but I've managed to make it through a few decades without one.

F1 is a niche sport in the US, and having a backmarker US team wasn't going to change that. It shouldn't impact the effort to bring a race back to the US -- and for all the problems with Indy, it's worth noting that the USGP drew a huge crowd each year. They'll return sooner or later.

In terms of damage to F1 in the US, the 2005 USGP Michelin fiasco absolutely dwarfs this episode.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 01:17 (Ref:2642362)   #875
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember reading somewhere recently that Watkins Glen is undergoing a huge facelift this year... I don't know if they could ever bring the circuit up to the FIA's F1 standard, but we can dream!