Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 2 Mar 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2643556)   #976
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
That would need an amendment to the Concorde Agreement.
No it wouldn't. Its really simple. Stefan just buys the USF1 entry, much like Carabante bought Campos'
Old 2 Mar 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2643558)   #977
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I'm totally on the same page to allow Stefan an entry for 2011 without going through a proper application process just because they've got a couple of second hand cars now that they can run in 2010 would be a sick joke and make a mockery of the process. if they had bought the Toyota team as a going concern complete with it's entry it would be different.
They won't be around by 2011. Can't see it lasting. Now or never
Old 2 Mar 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2643559)   #978
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
rayburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I'm totally on the same page to allow Stefan an entry for 2011 without going through a proper application process just because they've got a couple of second hand cars now that they can run in 2010 would be a sick joke and make a mockery of the process. if they had bought the Toyota team as a going concern complete with it's entry it would be different.

I disagree, those are not last years cars but designed for this year's championship, so it would be a waste not to race them now a slot has apparently opened up.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2643569)   #979
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So having humiliated himself, will we now be spared any TV or magazine pieces from Windsor now?
Old 2 Mar 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2643570)   #980
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any deadline or a date of announcement for USF1 living or dying? I have read something about being able to miss a few races or not being able to miss any etc... Trying to work out when we'll know for sure that USF1 is MIA or DOA.

Season start is getting closer, I for one cannot wait...
Old 2 Mar 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2643577)   #981
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Time to post some old Windsor interviews for potential hilarity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-52-F...eature=related

"We are trying to prove to the US public that F1 doesn't just come into town for 3 days and they are off". Yeah you lasted 6 months.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2643586)   #982
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's it? It's finally come to an end? Good riddance! Why didn't it happen sooner? I mean, I feel sorry for the people who will lose their jobs through sheer incompetence of the bosses, but really, I'm not at all suprised. All talk and no trousers. Ding! Next. Who's next in line to talk themselves up before getting smashed to bits?
Old 2 Mar 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2643596)   #983
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I thought Tatuus designed the Formula Masters car?
They built the cars, N.Technology designed it - just like Renault Sport designed the FR2.0 car they build.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 21:21 (Ref:2643600)   #984
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Spare a thought for the guys who moved their family, lock, stock and barrel to NC after being told a fantasty and are now effectively out of a job...

might include one of 'us' on here.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2643606)   #985
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets up at least 3 new teams come in. Love or loath SGP they at least got a car and modified it to this years spec. So car, money, drivers - more that some teams with an entry!
Old 2 Mar 2010, 21:48 (Ref:2643626)   #986
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Spare a thought for the guys who moved their family, lock, stock and barrel to NC after being told a fantasty and are now effectively out of a job...

Absolutely. Whilst I and no doubt many others will shed no tears for Anderson and Windsor, there are 'real' people involved in this as well who are not to blame for this
Old 2 Mar 2010, 21:55 (Ref:2643630)   #987
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Agreed. I guess the only consolation is that if you are looking for another job in motorsport, Charlotte is the place to be.

I hope there is a full accounting of where the money went and for what. I thought Mr. Hurley had already put $20 million in and it'd be a shame if a few million was skimmed off that into someones pockets

It's disappointing that all this turned into amateur hour with Windsor basically being out to lunch and Anderson being in fairy tale land and there was never really any good effort to put good management and marketing efforts into place.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2643650)   #988
DanShenise
Racer

United States
Atlanta, via St. Pete Beach
DanShenise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a good thing they located in Charlotte and not some out of the way place where people would have trouble finding jobs within the industry.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2643657)   #989
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
No it wouldn't. Its really simple. Stefan just buys the USF1 entry, much like Carabante bought Campos'
It would if you wanted to kick a team out, it explicitly guarantees* that teams that competed in one season are automatically given places in the next.

* Well, it's universally thought to but it hasn't actually been published, ever, of course.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 22:50 (Ref:2643667)   #990
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
seems like they haven't stopped all business. they still want in on 2011
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81820
Old 2 Mar 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2643672)   #991
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
And today Murphy the Bear calls that "manure." Just like everything else that management has shoveled lately
Old 2 Mar 2010, 23:02 (Ref:2643676)   #992
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
I don't really see the point.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 23:12 (Ref:2643679)   #993
DanShenise
Racer

United States
Atlanta, via St. Pete Beach
DanShenise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the sounds of the various articles, it looks like Hurley now wants to wash his hands of F1 in general. Way to run off a deep pocket, young investor KA and PW. Jackasses.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 23:13 (Ref:2643680)   #994
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Branson may have taken exception at Ferrari's recent comments, but the "horse whisperer" wasn't wrong in their criticism of Max Mosley's input and the "quality" of the applications accepted.
USF1 gone, Campos looking like they need a miracle. It makes your head hurt thinking about some of the teams that were turned down.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 23:33 (Ref:2643685)   #995
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... what will happen with all of those unsold toasters?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Mar 2010, 00:04 (Ref:2643699)   #996
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Exactly. I am sad it didn't work out, but really feel for those who may have left other jobs to chase this dream and then see it crash and burn. I hope things work out for them in the very near future.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 00:49 (Ref:2643721)   #997
deletraz
Rookie

United States
Phoenix, AZ
deletraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May I now redact any kind words I may have said about USF1 through the course of this thread?

The fact that Windsor and Anderson were out of the building for the announcement just galls me. Good luck to anyone here who is impacted by this. Truly sad.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 00:49 (Ref:2643720)   #998
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShenise View Post
... Way to run off a deep pocket, young investor KA and PW. Jackasses.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 01:54 (Ref:2643738)   #999
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
Anderson and Windsor not present when the staff were put on unpaid leave..........what a low dog way to shut your team down.
These 2 should disappear from public view forever.
+1
Old 3 Mar 2010, 02:07 (Ref:2643743)   #1000
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This sucks so bad, it's exactly like the Falcon. All those guys got screwed too.

And that got to about the same point, tub mold and a mockup which never saw an engine. Way to go Kenny, hope to see you at the auction.
Closed Thread