Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jul 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2727107)   #1
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Villeneuve racing in F1?

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/au...l?sn=telesport

http://www.f1today.nl/20100715/ville...ve-racing.html

According to our national newspaper Jaques Villeneuve is trying to put a team under his own name in F1 for next year, He is one of 4 contenders for the 13th slot.
Rumours have him linked with both Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds.
Anyone have heard similar stories?
Old 15 Jul 2010, 13:12 (Ref:2727108)   #2
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, JV is an impressive name for a new team to have on board. But who does he want to, you know, build and run the damn things?
Old 15 Jul 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2727113)   #3
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
The annual Villeneuve comeback story eh? Part of me wants to see him back, another part thinks it's a bad idea and both parts agree it'll never happen.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2727114)   #4
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
The annual Villeneuve comeback story eh? Part of me wants to see him back, another part thinks it's a bad idea and both parts agree it'll never happen.
There's worse than Villeneuve coming back. There's the thought of Flav coming back. That's the scary part. Turds should be more welcome in swimming pools than Flav in F1.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2727142)   #5
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's the only way he'll get an F1 ride and even then he might not get the job...

Maybe he should take off the rose colored glasses, look in the way-back machine and remember his lackluster results and sacking during the last stint and then look at Schumi's 2010 season and thank his lucky stars he has a WDC to his credit and a NASCAR ride.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2727143)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Villeneuve was doing well with BMW before he was replaced, I seem to remember.

Selby
Old 15 Jul 2010, 15:00 (Ref:2727145)   #7
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Personally I'd love him to come back, because it would prove once and for all what a damn silly idea it is.
Old 15 Jul 2010, 16:53 (Ref:2727195)   #8
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Villeneuve was doing well with BMW before he was replaced, I seem to remember.

Selby
Have you been borrowing JV's rose colored glasses again?

Based on the 12 races he contested in 2006 before getting the sack, and throwing out all of the races where either JV or NH did not finish for whatever reason; out of 7 races completed by both drivers he was beaten by his team mate 5 times.

The final WDC points total for 2006 was JV - 7, NH -23.

2005 wasn't any better for the "Delusionist".
Old 15 Jul 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2727198)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Delusionist"?
Old 15 Jul 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2727294)   #10
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Is this another Jos (JV) comeback story in disguise? Maybe somebody should stomp on his wings!!!
Old 15 Jul 2010, 21:07 (Ref:2727303)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
If Rocky Balboa can, anybody can
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace mĂ¡s calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montĂ³n cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Jul 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2727322)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TBF I do think we need some comedy again in F1.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 01:24 (Ref:2727371)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Please give me a break...Rubbish idea
Old 16 Jul 2010, 01:37 (Ref:2727375)   #14
FĂ©lix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
FĂ©lix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFĂ©lix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques WAS driving an F1 last weekend.

Old 16 Jul 2010, 01:41 (Ref:2727377)   #15
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i think this is a lie while on holiday in america i met him and he said f1 isnt the same anymore and he never wants to come back unless its with williams again and they bring back damon hill as his team mate
Old 16 Jul 2010, 07:48 (Ref:2727428)   #16
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massa_number1 View Post
i think this is a lie while on holiday in america i met him and he said f1 isnt the same anymore and he never wants to come back unless its with williams again and they bring back damon hill as his team mate
I think this is a lie.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2727441)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I think this is a lie.
Good for a laugh or two, though.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2727461)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
OK, JV is an impressive name for a new team to have on board. But who does he want to, you know, build and run the damn things?
Craig Pollock lol.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 11:35 (Ref:2727501)   #19
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
TBF I do think we need some comedy again in F1.
We have Michael Schumacher for that.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 11:42 (Ref:2727506)   #20
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV back. Nah never happen (but then alot of people said about schummi's return on here)
Old 16 Jul 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2727512)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massa_number1 View Post

Stirling Moss was in the paddock last weekend, probably scouting for a drive. I haven't seen the 'Moss coming back?' thread just yet though.

This is my favourite post of yours:
Quote:
A friend of mine who works for ferrari said he was there when schumacher used to simulator at the maranello hq I cant believe what he told me!

he said schumi did a race at valencia on "HARD" mode and crashed at the first corner and had to pit but after a long race he was even lapped by them indian cars!! apparently he kept going "just one more go one more" and after a few goes the engineers tried to get him out but he got all violent and they had to inject him to restrain him.

what made it worse was apparently one of the guys kept making hamiltons car extra fast and overtaking him
There was an article in a recent F1 Racing magazine about Villeneuve. He was saying he'd like to drive for Ferrari.

Last edited by Born Racer; 16 Jul 2010 at 12:16.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2727548)   #22
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Craig Pollock lol.
Does he have a shed with an autoclave? Supposedly they haven't worked together for a while.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8826793.stm

The BBC think it might not be based in England, and doubt Flav. Possibility of getting someone like Mygale to build an F1 car?
Old 16 Jul 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2727554)   #23
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm callin BS on the flavio deal - why would anyone let it slip he was going to be involved while they were trying to impress the fia?

One rumour is a gp2 team is the technical force behind this (piquet sport? Lol)
Old 16 Jul 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2727603)   #24
NeilB
Rookie

England
NeilB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he were to align himself to Symonds and Briatore, then he may as well give up all hope of getting the slot, as the FIA wouldn't even contemplate his bid during the final suitability checks, along with refusing to grant him one of the upcoming FIA licences for people within F1.

If both of them were to come back then it sends the wrong message to the world about Formula 1. It's bad enough seeing Briatore at Monaco and Valencia walking around the paddock as a guest of someone who wasn't thinking straight, let alone a position within a team.

If I were Jacques I'd concentrate on NASCAR, as his last foray into owning a team with BAR wasn't particularly successful, along with the fact that 99.9% of the time ex-racing drivers at a high level make rubbish team bosses as they are too selfish to look at the bigger picture of the team.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 15:35 (Ref:2727608)   #25
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sweet. hopefully he applied as a Canadian entry