Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 20 Dec 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2806550)   #1
JVD
Rookie

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World Series 3.5 & Superleague Formula

Hi,

I've try to make a bit of a calendar with big events that are a bit close to Holland or in Holland.. But when i came by 19 June, i saw something that is a bit strange.. Hopefully someone can help or confirm it.

19 June the World Series by Renault calendar says it will drive at the Nurburgring. But the Radical Masters and the Superleague Formula calendar confirmed Nurburgring aswell for 19 June..

I hope someone has got some information about this, maybe some mistakes in the calendars? or will it be together in 1 weekend? And if it will, Will it be for free because the Renault-events usual are for free..!?
Old 20 Dec 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2806564)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
18-19 june is down to be a world series by renault weekend. there are definitely 7 wsr weekends on the 2011 schedule.

there isn't any room on the timetable for anything other than the world series by renault races and events, so there's a cockup somewhere along the line!

the eurocup is also down for the same weekend, but neither dates mention the speedweekend thing!

here's the fia international series calendar.

Last edited by bella; 20 Dec 2010 at 16:07.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 09:10 (Ref:2806813)   #3
JVD
Rookie

Netherlands
Zandvoort
Thanks Bella, for the Fia calendars

Yeah i can not really imagine that those cars will drive in the same weekend on the same track, if they will, it will be a very nice schedule

SF might be just the provisional schedule so i think this date will change probably..
Old 21 Dec 2010, 10:33 (Ref:2806852)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i had a look around, and there doesn't seem to be an alternative date hanging around for the radical event yet, but neither event features on the nurburgring's own calendar yet, so who knows which series is going to prevail on this one
Old 4 Jan 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2810922)   #5
JVD
Rookie

Netherlands
Zandvoort
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i had a look around, and there doesn't seem to be an alternative date hanging around for the radical event yet, but neither event features on the nurburgring's own calendar yet, so who knows which series is going to prevail on this one
I just read on autosport.com that first the British F3 wanted to drive also on that date, but they can't because there is a World Series by Renault weekend So i guess the SF & Supports (Radical Masters, Lotus Europe) will drive in the 'replacement' weekend in September, as the BF3 will do.. still strange, hopefully there will come a confirmation soon..
Old 4 Jan 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2810934)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
oh good effort, i tried to read that and got totally confused!

the circuit website still has nothing listed for that weekend, but you'd hope that they had at least confirmed a different date with the radical and superleague guys. if only to free up some accomodation bookings for the weekend
Old 4 Jan 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2810941)   #7
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
I just read on autosport.com that first the British F3 wanted to drive also on that date, but they can't because there is a World Series by Renault weekend So i guess the SF & Supports (Radical Masters, Lotus Europe) will drive in the 'replacement' weekend in September, as the BF3 will do.. still strange, hopefully there will come a confirmation soon..
That makes sense, as British F3 has been on the Superleague Formula undercard before.
Old 5 Jan 2011, 09:22 (Ref:2811378)   #8
Francis Albert
Racer

Francis Albert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Superleague is supposed to be in China in early September, and then on to the next non European rounds so I'm not sure if they can drive at the Nurburgring at that time.
Old 5 Jan 2011, 09:26 (Ref:2811379)   #9
JVD
Rookie

Netherlands
Zandvoort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Albert View Post
But Superleague is supposed to be in China in early September, and then on to the next non European rounds so I'm not sure if they can drive at the Nurburgring at that time.
Yeah that's even more strange.. I guess we just have to wait and see what en when they drive, the calendar doesn't make sense really..
They still have 3/4(?) TBC events..
Old 5 Jan 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2811398)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the shipping costs would certainly be expensive - even by boat, which would take a month each way and a heck of a lot of paperwork and administration. flying would be quicker but hardly worth the effort.

interesting situation...
Old 17 Jan 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2816659)   #11
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
Yeah that's even more strange.. I guess we just have to wait and see what en when they drive, the calendar doesn't make sense really..
They still have 3/4(?) TBC events..
I have no problem with the tbc events, it's just from my experience with other series have tba events this late on the calender that these events aren't money makers. But that is a different story.

What i do find a problem is that things like this just suggest that it isn't a well organized serie. I mean how can you announce a schedule including a venue & date that:
a) isn't locked up yet
b) even worse: is allready taken
Old 17 Jan 2011, 16:02 (Ref:2816839)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
that date has now gone from the superleague calendar on the fia website i linked to before here, but hasn't gone from the superleague site...
Old 17 Jan 2011, 16:20 (Ref:2816847)   #13
Francis Albert
Racer

finally!

...more importantly, where did it go to?
Old 17 Jan 2011, 16:41 (Ref:2816879)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
looking at the radical masters site that was also supposed to be on the bill here, they have the old calendar alongside the new one and there's not really a replacement round...
Old 17 Jan 2011, 17:05 (Ref:2816890)   #15
Francis Albert
Racer

And German F3 still has the 19 June date...