Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Jan 2006, 17:24 (Ref:1503882)   #1
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Formula BMW and World Series Renault - Help wanted from a team

Help wanted. - Marshal's training

Formula BMW team and
World Series Renault team

I am looking to produce training materials for Rescue Crews on the use of the extrication seats with which these two cars are equipped. What I need is an invitation to visit your premises and spend some time (probably an hour) taking detailed photographs of the seat and its installation.

I live in the Midlands so bases within reasonable driving distance of Birmingham would be needed.

To give you an idea, here is one of the very hurried shots I took at the Renault meeting at Donington last year.

The sort of document which I am hoping to improve on and illustrate can be seen at: http://www.jsmw.org.uk/M1119RenaultExtricationSeat.pdf.

The seats are not quite identical, so I need shots from both types of car.

If you can help, please would you PM me.

Regards

Jim Whitaker
Old 31 Jan 2006, 11:27 (Ref:1512636)   #2
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
I may be able to help you Jim. I have a copy of the official BMW disc on Pdf, similar in layout to the Renault one but with lots of nice colour photos of someone being extricated.

If this is of use to you I'll sort you out a copy.

Regards Jon
Old 31 Jan 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1512642)   #3
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Jon. That would be really helpful. Another member is looking into an invite to a BMW team for me, so I just need a F Renault intro.

Regards

Jim
Old 31 Jan 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1512645)   #4
rescue dude
Veteran

England
If Panther motorsport hadn't gone bust i could have sorted that out as well.
Old 31 Jan 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1512647)   #5
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure ComtecRenault would oblige...
Old 31 Jan 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1513060)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One thing that may or may not be mentioned in the documentation is that with Formula BMW you can do all the "business" with the buckles etc. but when you come to do the actual lift of the seat if you have time then remove the top engine cowl as the airbox overhangs the top of the seat and if you remove the cowl you can do a straight lift rather than having to try and tilt the seat forward to clear the airbox.
Old 1 Feb 2006, 08:34 (Ref:1513293)   #7
rescue dude
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
One thing that may or may not be mentioned in the documentation is that with Formula BMW you can do all the "business" with the buckles etc. but when you come to do the actual lift of the seat if you have time then remove the top engine cowl as the airbox overhangs the top of the seat and if you remove the cowl you can do a straight lift rather than having to try and tilt the seat forward to clear the airbox.

Good point Magneton, I just checked the Official BMW instruction and there is no mention of this.
There are photographs of an extraction but they leave the air-box on.
If its gonna help make life easier then take it off.

To quote the venerable Jim W if i may, " We do not do key-hole surgery ".
Old 1 Feb 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1513319)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The real pain in the hole with these seats is that you have to un-pack the casualty before you can get them on a spine-board as they are left looking rather silly with their legs pointing up in the air and there's the whole lifting to get the seat off 'em issue.

For what it's worth and given the relatively roomy BMW cockpit it may be worth considering a standard KED as it's easier to pack the casualty once you get 'em out.