Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 16 Sep 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3304918)   #226
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sounds similar to the franchise idea which was mooted quite a few years ago.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3305054)   #227
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see another brand in the paddock, I hope they'll pull it off. I also hope they'll update the car with the facelifted front presented at the IAA, makes the car look quite a bit better!

Old 17 Sep 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3305291)   #228
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also from the BTCC forum is Gow's opinion on the Support package which I think explains the situation really well... ( I can't say I asked the question)

"Every race series goes through cycles of high and low grid numbers, due to differing factors. I can remember standing on the grid at Donington Park around 10 years ago and seeing just 12 BTCC cars on the grid and many 'experts' were predicting its demise....

Porsche are in the last year of racing their (now superseded) Carrera Cup car, with a whole new car being introduced for next season. Some teams took the opportunity of selling their cars early this year in order to prepare for purchasing their 2014 car, hence the low numbers this year but I have no doubt their grid numbers from next season will be healthy.

And in the reverse situation, this is the first year of the new Formula Ford and it has taken Ford a bit longer to get the grid numbers up to size. As you rightly say, motorsport is expensive and money is still pretty tight at the moment.

Our support races from Porsche, Ginetta, Ford and Renault have all made long-term and important commitments to our sport - and should all be applauded for doing so. They are all making a great investment and commitment to the sport and each will inevitably go through peaks and troughs from time to time....exactly like the BTCC did.

So the answer to your question is that yes of course they are being addressed by those series. And the best way to assist them is to continue supporting them so that they will have a very strong platform for their series for the future. I'm a bit more loyal than to just cut them loose and create even more problems for them if they are going through a short-term issue...."
Old 18 Sep 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3305752)   #229
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Inside BTCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Great to see another brand in the paddock, I hope they'll pull it off. I also hope they'll update the car with the facelifted front presented at the IAA, makes the car look quite a bit better!
No plans at the moment - there are reasons why they are going with the model on display at Rockingham but could provide it with a facelifted front if a customer wanted it
Old 20 Sep 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3306770)   #230
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's an interesting thought. If SEAT relaunch their Leon Cup series in 2014 or possibly 2015 could it become a 6th BTCC support? ( This is speculation definetly not a rumour)
Old 20 Sep 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3306771)   #231
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't see there being a place for it. Plus the cars would be on a similar pace as the BTCC cars. The previous series had to be detuned slightly so they didn't set faster laps than the tourers. I can see it being a pan-European series.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 23:48 (Ref:3306868)   #232
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seen some reports that United Autosports are considering entering a team for next season. Plan us to buy some existing cars before looking at building their own in the future.

Haven't had the chance to check the story out properly yet tho
Old 21 Sep 2013, 17:02 (Ref:3307062)   #233
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
According to M News, Warren Scott has bought all of Team Hard's BTCC cars and his and TG's teams will merge and be run from a new facility in Hertfordshire.

TG will still front the team.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 17:49 (Ref:3307073)   #234
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is Warren Scott really rich to afford that ?
Old 21 Sep 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3307074)   #235
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
They don't call him 'The Farmer' for nothing.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3307101)   #236
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody remember this from earlier in the year ...

Quote:
Also had a leaflet handed to us near the gate about a 'million pound touring car' with this address on it: http:touringcar.byethost3.com/ anyone heard anything else about it? I've not looked thru the site yet as it wasn't working fully early on, but when has one of these schemes worked to nearly fully fund a driver?
Seems that they're still trying this from a small ad in Autosport this week...

http://www.themillionpoundtouringcar.co.uk/

It's currently showing a massive 5% of the available space has been sold!

Last edited by Alfaholic; 21 Sep 2013 at 19:16.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3307108)   #237
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was speaking to an English Engineers today at the latest STCC round and there is a new Team in England called RPR proposing a single car entry for next years using a Volvo but he said the main concern is free space entries as the new rumours of teams making extra cars and 2 Reanalts Meganes mean the last grid slots are going to be fight for. It is condition of entry for NGTC he say to make payment for NGTC parts kit to make sure of entry for next years .

I hpoe it come true we have a Volvo it the BTCC !
Old 22 Sep 2013, 01:17 (Ref:3307219)   #238
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Anybody remember this from earlier in the year ...

Seems that they're still trying this from a small ad in Autosport this week...

http://www.themillionpoundtouringcar.co.uk/

It's currently showing a massive 5% of the available space has been sold!

I remember. I've gone back to have a look a couple of times since it was mentioned - last time (a few weeks ago) I looked it had exactly the same content as it did when I first clicked the link last year. A load of poorly written waffle about a mystery driver whose name must not be mentioned, and something about not actually needing £1,000,000 (but if they got that they'd race two cars).
Old 22 Sep 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3307323)   #239
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do they make such effort to protect their "mysterious" driver's indentity, when his (driver database) career stats featured here, plus some help from a search engine, will easily tell you who they are referring to.

Old 22 Sep 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3307368)   #240
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
Why do they make such effort to protect their "mysterious" driver's indentity, when his (driver database) career stats featured here, plus some help from a search engine, will easily tell you who they are referring to.

Why don't you state who you think it is? As those figures don't fit anyone on driverdb.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 12:54 (Ref:3307390)   #241
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On another note, how will the BTCC grid's talent crop look if Lea Wood, Tom Ingram and Dan Cammish all get the NGTC rides that they want?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3307401)   #242
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Why don't you state who you think it is? As those figures don't fit anyone on driverdb.
I remember sticking the web address into Whois a few months back and I can't remember who it was. Think it was somebody with a GT background. Tried that today, but it's telling me the domain name is available to buy or doesn't exist.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3307664)   #243
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I remember sticking the web address into Whois a few months back and I can't remember who it was. Think it was somebody with a GT background. Tried that today, but it's telling me the domain name is available to buy or doesn't exist.
http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois/look...uringcar.co.uk

Domain name:
themillionpoundtouringcar.co.uk

Registrant:
Ian Maggs

Can't say I recognise the name.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3307673)   #244
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver called Jon Barnes was part of the plan for 2010. Don't know what relation to this 'million pound touring car' caper there may be though.

http://www.uksponsorship.com/a1208.htm
Old 22 Sep 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3307698)   #245
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Jon Barnes. Thank you
Old 22 Sep 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3307706)   #246
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Jon Barnes. Thank you
I have my uses, sometimes.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 20:01 (Ref:3307709)   #247
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Here's an interesting thought. If SEAT relaunch their Leon Cup series in 2014 or possibly 2015 could it become a 6th BTCC support? ( This is speculation definetly not a rumour)
Quote:
Can't see there being a place for it. Plus the cars would be on a similar pace as the BTCC cars. The previous series had to be detuned slightly so they didn't set faster laps than the tourers. I can see it being a pan-European series.
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/...e-make-series/

“We will try to do a León Cup, it’s not confirmed, but we are working on it. We need to be in mainland Europe, that means Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the UK,” added Puig.

Doesn't mean it'll be on the BTCC package, but the only other real option is the British GTs package.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3307716)   #248
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Seen some reports that United Autosports are considering entering a team for next season. Plan us to buy some existing cars before looking at building their own in the future.

Haven't had the chance to check the story out properly yet tho

I heard they'd bought the Dynojet team???

Also on the Team hard front I also heard without a "Wonga" loan they wouldn't have made Silverstone so maybe Mr Scott has got himself a bargin! Just the same as Tony did when he got the Insignias last year.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3307819)   #249
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
I heard they'd bought the Dynojet team???

Also on the Team hard front I also heard without a "Wonga" loan they wouldn't have made Silverstone so maybe Mr Scott has got himself a bargin! Just the same as Tony did when he got the Insignias last year.
They aren't at Silverstone yet.

Would the purchase of Dynojet be due to the subject which can't be discussed on this board?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3307830)   #250
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
They aren't at Silverstone yet.

Would the purchase of Dynojet be due to the subject which can't be discussed on this board?
I honestly didn't see United Autosport going down the touring car route. If anyone was to buy out Dynojet, I thought it might have been Paul Bird.