Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 24 Feb 2005, 01:51 (Ref:1234040)   #1
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got my 20D and here's my first pics - comments?

I was trying out my new camera on Monday and Tuesday at the Formula One testing at Silverstone. As I mentioned in another thread I'm a newb to digi SLR photography so I didn't know what to expect.

I bought the 20D with a 18-55mm EFS lens, 75-300mm USM IS lens, Sandisk 1GB EXTREME III memory, monopod and USB flash card reader. Sadly the monopod didn't come until Monday and I'd already left for Silvy.

You can view some of my pics here (don't worry don't need to be a member ) - http://ukf1lad.proboards14.com/index...num=1109208043 (you cannot post there).

Here's a couple of small previews:

Must say I'm really glad I bankrupted myself and went with the more expensive 20D, I was able to unpack the box, charge it and instantly be able to take some very nice shots. Very easy to use. It was much harder at Silverstone trying to follow the cars and stay in focus, but managed to get a couple ok. I think the monopod will help me next time as I was a little shaky. So cold my hands nearly fell off Spoke to a few people there who were really helpful. One guy had the exact same setup as me

I would appreciate any advise you can give on best settings to use for motorsport. Can't wait to get out to the next event and take some more shots

Many of my shots looked ok on the LCD screen but were quite blurry when viewed on PC and were no-way good enough to keep. I think this was just me and camera shake?

P.S - For the record, I was really pleased with 7dayshop, all came as described within a week and well pleased with my purchase As you can see by looking at my previous posts I was on about getting a camera over a year ago so glad I've finally taken the plunge

Cheers
Old 24 Feb 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1234438)   #2
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking good! Perhaps a little bright, but other than that great photos.

Not that I can say anything... the first photos I took on Tuesday were very underexposed
Old 23 Mar 2005, 13:33 (Ref:1259775)   #3
APS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cheshire
APS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup , very nice ..... have you managed to fill the buffer yet ?

Canon quote 28 or summat but a friend of mine shot a sequence of over 50 while i was stood there wondering if he actualy had a card in

but still .... have fun with it ... im sure you will

regards