Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jun 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1323843)   #1
Williamp
Racer

Williamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How to: Invade the track after the race

Any ideas? I know of two places: on the inside of the circuit, from the VIp viewing area close to the village there's a small set of steps leading down, close to the parc ferme.

And on the outside, just after the "main" entrance before the vehicle underpass.

I have used both of these, but always there is loads of people already on the track, seemingly from further up the track. Where is this entrance? Are there any others?

For once, I really want to get close to the podium this year
Old 9 Jun 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1323845)   #2
FREE996
Rookie

United Kingdom
Swindon Wiltshire
FREE996 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming you mean Le Mans

the grandstand opposite the pits has gates where the crowd are allowed through after the race
Old 9 Jun 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1323846)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I never bother. Strictly speaking, it is subject to a hefty fine and has been for a number of years.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1323855)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They do allow you and encourage it, as long as it is after the race. I don't rush either, but I do like to get onto the track afterwards. To touch the tarmac and wander up and down soaking in the atmosphere and reflecting that another year is done. A couple of beers on the pit wall always go down well and aid this too.

Gaining access? Well it depends were you are. THe last few years I've been in a grandstand on the start finish-straight opposite the pits. They open all the gates underneath us onto the track. Part of it is a high jump, but it is fairly easy. It isn't a great one for getting on quick though I guess.

THe first people to get to the podium are normally those on bikes you start from up nearer the Dunlop chicane.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1323874)   #5
clkgtrlm1
Rookie

England
Woodstock, Oxford, England
clkgtrlm1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the best way by far, is the two marshall posts by the Dunlop esses, before the esse on the outside of the circuit and after on the inside under the bridge. There are marshall buildings and vehicle accesses by both. These double gates are normally opened first.

This is useless if you are in the grandstands. I have seen people from the tribunes go 'over-the-top', but not since about 1998. Highly NOT recommended and probably subject to pre mentioned large fines.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 12:30 (Ref:1323877)   #6
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I never bother. Strictly speaking, it is subject to a hefty fine and has been for a number of years.
and i hear a long jail term for those carrying large purple tvr banners...

Old 9 Jun 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1323902)   #7
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
and i hear a long jail term for those carrying large purple tvr banners...

There's a longer term for those with Jos Verstappen flags!!!!
Old 9 Jun 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1323906)   #8
Roel_Ooms
Rookie

Roel_Ooms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
There's a longer term for those with Jos Verstappen flags!!!!
For those people jail won't be sufficient... One-way ticket to the mental-institute.
Old 10 Jun 2005, 10:04 (Ref:1324664)   #9
Mark Barton
Rookie

Mark Barton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They opened the gates to the track in the Welcome enclosure at the end of the race last year - no jumping required, and you walk out right at the top of the pit lane.
Old 10 Jun 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1324830)   #10
peter parker
Rookie

Netherlands
holland
peter parker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year was my first Le Mans visit. I saw the pit teams break up their posts on the pitwall before the race ended. I didn't understand untill the finish and saw the crowd rushing in and taking everything what was left as an souvenir. This year I want to walk there also.