Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Feb 2024, 08:20 (Ref:4198047)   #26
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Not a lot of difference between the camaro and mustang now but the camaro has the edge in a straight line.
I didn't have data, what was the speed trace? I thought they were in the 270s KPH yesterday, but I think I saw they were back in the mid 280s again today. Car 25 seemed to be holding its own.

Off topic. The lap record from the AMG at Bathurst is an impressive watch. The speed through turn 23 is pretty special. I had to check the video wasn't altered, at times it doesn't look real.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 08:31 (Ref:4198049)   #27
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
I didn't have data, what was the speed trace? I thought they were in the 270s KPH yesterday, but I think I saw they were back in the mid 280s again today. Car 25 seemed to be holding its own.

Off topic. The lap record from the AMG at Bathurst is an impressive watch. The speed through turn 23 is pretty special. I had to check the video wasn't altered, at times it doesn't look real.
Mostert would gain about half a second across the top but lose it by the time he got to the cutting, so the gap continually closed and then opened.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 08:57 (Ref:4198055)   #28
Ares
Racer

Quote:
Mostert would gain about half a second across the top but lose it by the time he got to the cutting, so the gap continually closed and then opened.
I'm sure Tim will be running over the data as we speak. Probably a good track first up to see where they stand. Supercars have invested heavily in this project now, I don't think they are going to let it come up short. It needs to be sorted once and for all anyway. Supercars are going to be as sick of the P word as much as the fans if it continues.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 09:39 (Ref:4198058)   #29
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I'm sure Tim will be running over the data as we speak. Probably a good track first up to see where they stand. Supercars have invested heavily in this project now, I don't think they are going to let it come up short. It needs to be sorted once and for all anyway. Supercars are going to be as sick of the P word as much as the fans if it continues.
Tim said something to that effect today.

Would be good to see some data on speeds down conrod and up mountain straight, Chaz didn't seem to be able to get into the slipstream coming out of forest elbow as the camaros just powered away.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 10:32 (Ref:4198064)   #30
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know why they dont all just give them the same engine and be done with it. We dont want this unfair Camaro manipulation!
Old 24 Feb 2024, 10:48 (Ref:4198066)   #31
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
I dont know why they dont all just give them the same engine and be done with it. We dont want this unfair Camaro manipulation!
Who wants that.

Its Ford V GM, Deal with it.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 11:48 (Ref:4198069)   #32
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Who wants that.

Its Ford V GM, Deal with it.
Agree, there's not much in it and the transient dyno test hasn't been done yet.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 12:04 (Ref:4198070)   #33
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Post race #1 presser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDgO...nnel=Supercars
Old 24 Feb 2024, 12:25 (Ref:4198073)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
Love has shown speed in Super2 but also had many crashes and he's found the fence twice in Race 1.
Unfortunately Mr Love has a reputation for never meeting a wall he didn’t like to hit

Saying you are sorry a million times, and the blokes on the teev saying the very best have crashed there including Perkins. Brock & co shouldn’t really forgive it.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Feb 2024, 13:14 (Ref:4198079)   #35
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Unfortunately Mr Love has a reputation for never meeting a wall he didn’t like to hit

Saying you are sorry a million times, and the blokes on the teev saying the very best have crashed there including Perkins. Brock & co shouldn’t really forgive it.
After watching him make the same mistake in the same position within the hour, my only thought was, that he could do with some serious coaching from a CL or someone of his stature, otherwise i see some serious issues.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 14:41 (Ref:4198088)   #36
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Are you so one eyed you deliberately blame engine power when the car has a movable aerodynamic device that would simply explain this observation?

Confirmation bias is when you start with a point of view and make your observations fit the conclusion you have already reached.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 21:05 (Ref:4198123)   #37
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Are you so one eyed you deliberately blame engine power when the car has a movable aerodynamic device that would simply explain this observation?

Confirmation bias is when you start with a point of view and make your observations fit the conclusion you have already reached.
Take a look at what Mostert said in the presser before you comment further.

https://speedcafe.com/the-speed-trap...t-lie-mostert/

Last edited by bluesport; 24 Feb 2024 at 21:22.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 00:13 (Ref:4198146)   #38
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Take a look at what Mostert said in the presser before you comment further.
Don't care, if you put more wing on you get more drag, and it makes you quicker in the corners. Chaz was losing nothing to the 2 888 cars and was gaining before the last safety car, and there were a lot of Camaros behind him and Stanaway, and I did not see any Mustangs as sitting ducks to Camaros passing, which is there was such a deficit, you would see clearly.

Going by how terrible DJR and Tickford are, it's going to be a long year for Ford fans.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 00:55 (Ref:4198150)   #39
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Don't care, if you put more wing on you get more drag, and it makes you quicker in the corners. Chaz was losing nothing to the 2 888 cars and was gaining before the last safety car, and there were a lot of Camaros behind him and Stanaway, and I did not see any Mustangs as sitting ducks to Camaros passing, which is there was such a deficit, you would see clearly.

Going by how terrible DJR and Tickford are, it's going to be a long year for Ford fans.
Agree that Chaz was catching them at the end as their tyres were just about shot, read the report where it says that the mustangs were slower across the board through the traps.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 02:57 (Ref:4198157)   #40
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Larko said something earlier in the broadcast today about DJR showing WAU difference in trap speeds between the cars. Mostert by fast the quickest over the top and down on straightline. Seemed to insinuate it's set up rather than parity? Let's see how race 2 plays out.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 04:07 (Ref:4198159)   #41
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big crowd….
Old 25 Feb 2024, 04:26 (Ref:4198161)   #42
Vassago
Rookie

Vassago should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ryan Wood managed to pick up damage even before Turn 1 today. Stanaway pinched Hill into him and it looks like steering damage. Hill is stuck in the pits for repairs already.

Aaron Love bounced off the wall (brand new information!) and is also in for repairs.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 05:12 (Ref:4198165)   #43
Mixer
Veteran

Cars with significant horsepower deficits definitely win start line drags 2 days in a row...
Old 25 Feb 2024, 05:53 (Ref:4198170)   #44
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it wasn't a classic but a decent race between Feeney Brown and Mostert all weekend who were clear ahead of the rest of the field. Have to say this event has underwhelmed both times it's been held and would like Supercars to start the season elsewhere and keep Bathurst special for the 1000.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 05:54 (Ref:4198171)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Cars with significant horsepower deficits definitely win start line drags 2 days in a row...
Only one can seemingly..

Now the straight line complaints amount to rear axle camber
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Feb 2024, 06:56 (Ref:4198176)   #46
Ares
Racer

Early in the race the GM cars seemed to be on average 2-3 km faster down the shoot, from the live timing. 282km was about the fastest, I think I saw one 283km at one stage 88? Later in the race I saw a number of Fords pushing 282km. After the final stops when the top three cars were pushing they were all in the high 270s at one stage, about a KPH between them. Around that time, lap 33 or 34 Davidson put down a 282km The first or seconds push lap after the final stop Chaz put in the three fastest sectors on that lap. So, faster than the two bulls in sector 3. Chaz could pull about 3 to 4 tenths is sector 2 on average, with the bulls pulling 2 tenths down the shoot. Either Chaz's engine is a touch soft to the other Fords? Or it is his setup, the other Fords were not pulling 4 tenths in sector 2.

Pulling speeds upwards to 300KPH suspension setup can easily cost you 3-4+ KPH. Even running a front toe of 1mm total and changing to a toe of a 2 to 3mm total, depending on tyre size and camber? You could expect to see a drop in top speed of at least a few KPH, probably more. Like a very fine aero change may not be noticed at 200KPH, but you'd sure notice it at 400KPH.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 07:06 (Ref:4198177)   #47
Ares
Racer

Chaz is playing politicks (Good on him) Jamie is too, that's the game. Chaz's boss seemed a lot happier this year, he was crying like a baby at the end of last year. I take more notice of that than anything Chaz is saying right now. I'm not saying the parity it 100%, but it is looking very very close at this stage. Bring on the dyno test and it's going to be 99.999
Old 25 Feb 2024, 07:10 (Ref:4198178)   #48
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Commentary and even Feeney said that Chaz is known for his good starts.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 07:12 (Ref:4198179)   #49
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Early in the race the GM cars seemed to be on average 2-3 km faster down the shoot,
Tell that to Mixer.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 07:21 (Ref:4198180)   #50
Ares
Racer

Quote:
Tell that to Mixer.
That is one timing marker, You really should be watching the gap to the lead, that is where the real story is being told.