Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Jul 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2728530)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
’10 ALMS Round 5 • Lime Rock •

......... ’10 ALMS Round 5 • Lime Rock •
.................... July 21st – 24th

Schedule
Entry List
Track Map
Timing & Scoring
RLM
IMSA Site
Spotters Guide
Live SpeedTV rounds "Q"ing Stream
Satellite Upper left of map, select aerial view
Weather
World Times

Qualifying: Friday July 23rd, 4:10pm/16:10 local EDST ( GMT -5 )

L.P.

Last edited by jhansen; 23 Jul 2010 at 17:38.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2729214)   #2
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mika Salo and Pierre Kaffer in the #61, excelent
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2729290)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Mika Salo and Pierre Kaffer in the #61, excelent
It does seem that Ferrari are putting some more into the Risi effort. Maybe winning at SLC and still having BMW take over the championship lead really peeved them.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2729294)   #4
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It does seem that Ferrari are putting some more into the Risi effort. Maybe winning at SLC and still having BMW take over the championship lead really peeved them.
The class is so tight right now, you need to take points off the other manufacturers for lower positions.

Risi probably are peeved, but to be fair if they'd set the ride height of #61 correctly for qualifying they'd probably have been 1st and 3rd...

Looking forward to a cracking race. Off to Newark tomorrow :-) Then a nice drive up to CT.

Ben
Old 19 Jul 2010, 20:48 (Ref:2729304)   #5
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
I don't know, points wise i think they did extreamly good, considering only the first car scores points for the teams championship, the secod risi car would have only made a slightly arger points difference to the other competitiors. The points of the team cars don't add up in alms
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2729373)   #6
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Risi has been strong this year at nearly every track they've been to, but Lime Rock is such a challenge with all the traffic and such a short circuit. I wouldn't be surprised to see a car win that hasn't won yet this season. BMW could be tough here, and I am just waiting for the Vettes to pull one out. The outcome of this race could be heavily dependent on the caution periods for sure.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 22:54 (Ref:2729388)   #7
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Have they given up using the West Bend Chicane yet? Or do we have that pock up to look forward to again?
Old 19 Jul 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2729391)   #8
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Risi has been strong this year at nearly every track they've been to, but Lime Rock is such a challenge with all the traffic and such a short circuit. I wouldn't be surprised to see a car win that hasn't won yet this season. BMW could be tough here, and I am just waiting for the Vettes to pull one out. The outcome of this race could be heavily dependent on the caution periods for sure.
Too bad we'll miss a majority of it, I think its time to take a page out of the TNT Racebuddy book and do internet streaming of different camera angles and let us pick to follow the in-cars of the GT teams if we wish.

It should be a good race regardless, the problem is creme rises to the top and I think Highcroft will win again. This is Highcroft's home race just as much as it is Dyson, Scott Sharp's and BMW's. With Dyson's reliability problems unresolved thus far I just don't see them winning.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 01:11 (Ref:2729418)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Have they given up using the West Bend Chicane yet? Or do we have that pock up to look forward to again?
It is being used again.....
Old 20 Jul 2010, 05:33 (Ref:2729454)   #10
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
It is being used again.....
Can we officially say Lime Rock is a bit -

Old 20 Jul 2010, 06:05 (Ref:2729461)   #11
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No.

L.P.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 07:33 (Ref:2729487)   #12
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Elton Julian back in the Green Earth Technologies LMPC! Somebody must be listening. Zugel will be in the Genoa car.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 12:35 (Ref:2729574)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
Elton Julian back in the Green Earth Technologies LMPC! Somebody must be listening. Zugel will be in the Genoa car.
There has been a lot of drivers moving between cars this year in LMPC, and it doesn't bother me one bit as long as the cars are on the track!
Old 20 Jul 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2729623)   #14
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hoping for a strong effort from the vettes, and a Ferrari melt down. I don't really care who wins in the LMP class, it's not really the star of the show imo this year but it would be cool to see dyson break it's string of bad luck.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2729658)   #15
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend540 View Post
I'm hoping for a strong effort from the vettes, and a Ferrari melt down.
Isn't Lime Rock the track where Ferrari had a melt-down a few years ago with Salo and Enge knocking each other around a bit?

DK
Old 20 Jul 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2729667)   #16
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Lime Rock is where Round 1 of that mess took place. The real meltdown happened the following race at Mid Ohio.

It's interesting, and kind of funny, but for all their horsepower and torque, the Trans-Am cars don't use either chicane, and have never used "the Uphill" chicane, as far as I can tell.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2729686)   #17
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'd like to see the Vettes win, but I think BMW will be the team to beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Lime Rock is where Round 1 of that mess took place. The real meltdown happened the following race at Mid Ohio.

It's interesting, and kind of funny, but for all their horsepower and torque, the Trans-Am cars don't use either chicane, and have never used "the Uphill" chicane, as far as I can tell.
The Trans-Am cars are also a lot heavier. I don't like the West Bend chicane, but the uphill is necessary. Much better than the cone and hay bale chicane on the back stretch.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2729786)   #18
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Let's all agree that the changes made to Lime Rock were the most affordable, not the ideal thing to do.

As for a Ferrari Meltdown, not likely this is where the F360 got its only ALMS race victory. I think Melo/Bruni are a cut above everybody else in GT, I don't think there is a faster pairing. They have been on pole for every race this year and had something in reserve at Utah and didn't need to use it.

I still believe the number #1 threat to them is #45 Flying Lizard Porsche. As long as #62 can set the pace, they won't be headed. Once your behind somebody it slows your pace down.

Race Pace is roughly .5-1.0 off pole time. But with clear track, all the GT2 cars peddled by pros are capable of running near pole time every lap.

I still say Speed or Wheeler or somebody should give us a visual aid for the lower classes, T&S isn't enough. I also say we should have access to all the in-car camera, since all the cars have one.

GT2 and LMPC should be interesting and so should GTC. We already know Highcroft we'll bring their A game we just wonder if the others will and judging by the entry list the answer is no.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2730051)   #19
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
will motorstv cover the race? if not, there is a speed chanel on justintv for anyone that is interested
Old 21 Jul 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2730221)   #20
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!

The Spotters Guide for Lime Rock is now online at the usual place, www.spotterguides.com

Everything is correct as of yesterday. Only thing missing is small Avnet branding on the door of the #90 BMW
Old 21 Jul 2010, 17:04 (Ref:2730240)   #21
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Only thing missing is small Avnet branding on the door of the #90 BMW
C'mon Andy, get with the program.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 21:51 (Ref:2730369)   #22
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
will motorstv cover the race? if not, there is a speed chanel on justintv for anyone that is interested
Motors Tv will show highlights the week after the race
Old 21 Jul 2010, 22:32 (Ref:2730380)   #23
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux1234 View Post
Motors Tv will show highlights the week after the race
I am looking into streaming directly to Ustream or Justin TV, I will update when I figure it out.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 23:21 (Ref:2730390)   #24
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post

The Spotters Guide for Lime Rock is now online at the usual place, www.spotterguides.com

Everything is correct as of yesterday. Only thing missing is small Avnet branding on the door of the #90 BMW
You'll need to tweak the BMWs more than that - they're running LMS type bodywork for the first time. Should be some diveplanes too :-)

Ben
Old 23 Jul 2010, 06:13 (Ref:2731004)   #25
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Have you seen them at Lime Rock in that config???