Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Jan 2004, 02:40 (Ref:839914)   #1
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Queensland Raceway

Does anyone know whether Queensland Raceway intend to licence their track with CAMS to enable them to run CAMS Permitted events at their circuit in 2004?

CD.
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!
Old 16 Jan 2004, 02:43 (Ref:839916)   #2
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would guess they would CD, otherwise the taxis wouldn't be running there. Thought you might have changed your nic to either AU or even BA by now.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 02:49 (Ref:839919)   #3
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
Pete,

I've kept the nic the same since 1998 when Brighty won Bathurst in the EL and will only change once a BA gets into the winners circle!
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!
Old 16 Jan 2004, 02:52 (Ref:839921)   #4
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the championship is not good enough?
What are they running the State championships under, wouldn't they be Cams?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 03:12 (Ref:839933)   #5
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
The championship is fine Sevi

I raised the question basically because Queensland Raceway, Winton and Calder Park were conspicuously absent from the list of tracks that had taken up agreements with CAMS regarding the new Track Licencing structure as detailed:-

http://www.cams.com.au/content.asp?P...e&ObjectID=319

They may well have already licenced under CAMS since this release, but it would be nice to know seeing the first round of the Queensland Championships is to be held in mid-February at QR.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 03:23 (Ref:839939)   #6
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the calander it has AAA beside some dates, could it be that if it does not have that, which it does not for the SC they may be run under Cams?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 04:30 (Ref:839958)   #7
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
That is my impression Sevi, however if Queensland Raceway has no CAMS Track Licence, there will be no State Championship rounds or V8SC/Konica round.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 04:34 (Ref:839964)   #8
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FalconEL
That is my impression Sevi, however if Queensland Raceway has no CAMS Track Licence, there will be no State Championship rounds or V8SC/Konica round.
Why ?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 04:43 (Ref:839967)   #9
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
Why to what??

I was under the impression that CAMS would not sanction their "State Championship" or issue a State Championship permit for an event that is not held at a CAMS Licenced circuit.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 04:46 (Ref:839969)   #10
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Quote:
Why to what??

I was under the impression that CAMS would not sanction their "State Championship" or issue a State Championship permit for an event that is not held at a CAMS Licenced circuit.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here.
I would imagine so, But would the world stop tomorrow if CAMS pulled up stumps. People will find a way to compete in motorsport, so why let this stop you competing at QR.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 04:49 (Ref:839971)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The sun wont come up the day after tomorrow when a certain person at CAMS thinks it shines out of some fundamental orifice
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Jan 2004, 04:55 (Ref:839972)   #12
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CAMS think that motor racing started in the 1950s when CAMS was formed. Motor sport existed a long time before CAMS and will continue for a long time after CAMS.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 05:09 (Ref:839976)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So thats what CAMS and AVESCO have in common? AVESCO believes motorsport started in 1993...
Old 16 Jan 2004, 05:10 (Ref:839977)   #14
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Falcon EL this http://www.procar.com.au/forum/topic...ficials+Corner
might answer your question about QR signing the CAMS Track licences.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 05:21 (Ref:839980)   #15
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew Ronke
I would imagine so, But would the world stop tomorrow if CAMS pulled up stumps. People will find a way to compete in motorsport, so why let this stop you competing at QR.
You're right Matthew, there is nothing stopping me from competing anywhere.

My initial question stemmed from the fact that I hadn't received Supp Regs from the MG Car Club Qld for the February State Championship meeting and have to start preparing the car for Queensland Raceway.

I have just contacted the MG Car Club Qld who have confirmed that this meeting has been cancelled because the circuit is not CAMS Licenced, and CAMS will not issue a "temporary" track licence for this meeting (or any other meeting this year it is rumoured). Instead (and this is still to be confirmed I believe), round one of the Queensland State Championship will be held at Morgan Park Raceway to be promoted by the WDSCC.

Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
CAMS think that motor racing started in the 1950s when CAMS was formed. Motor sport existed a long time before CAMS and will continue for a long time after CAMS.
I agree Morris 1100, but I can see things getting very messy in the near future between the circuits, CAMS and AVESCO. Unfortunately the pawns in this game are the grass-roots competitors who are being forced into choosing which umbrella they choose to race under and non-circuit owning promoters such as MG Car Club that have run a State Championship meeting in February.

Are AVESCO going to have to choose to stick with CAMS and not run at circuits that don't have a CAMS Track Licence? Matthew, if you're still around, has there been any indication from AVESCO that they are willing to run at Winton under AASA Track Licencing and Insurance for the V8 Supercar Round in 2004?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 05:23 (Ref:839982)   #16
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew Ronke
Falcon EL this http://www.procar.com.au/forum/topic...ficials+Corner
might answer your question about QR signing the CAMS Track licences.
Very interesting if true - thanks for the info Matthew.

CD.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 05:26 (Ref:839983)   #17
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Are AVESCO going to have to choose to stick with CAMS and not run at circuits that don't have a CAMS Track Licence? Matthew, if you're still around, has there been any indication from AVESCO that they are willing to run at Winton under AASA Track Licencing and Insurance for the V8 Supercar Round in 2004?
Don't CAMS part own AVESCO?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 05:29 (Ref:839984)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Not now... they were invited to sell their stake to S&EL...
Old 16 Jan 2004, 06:07 (Ref:839990)   #19
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
AVESCO can't force anyone to take out a CAMS permit (It comes under 3rd party forcing laws) There has been no word from AVESCO. I would imagine they would say to CAMS you fix the problem. After All Hidden Valley have a temporary Track Licences just for the V8 meeting so why not QR for the state meeting, that’s what competitors should be asking CAMS.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 06:58 (Ref:840014)   #20
pete55
Veteran

Me thinks the shyte is about to hit the fan.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 08:31 (Ref:840069)   #21
spook
Veteran

spook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The prececent has been set by CAMS for a long time at Hidden Valley. They only have a CAMS track licence for the V8 week-end once a year, so why can't they extend this same arrangement to QR.

And if CAMS really want to see State Championships at QR, they may have to issue temporary track licences for those too. Perhaps the QLD competitors are happy to do all their racing at Morgan Park for the next few years.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 05:00 (Ref:841223)   #22
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, so the 3 state championships, V8s, Procar, and the HRCC won't be happening unless they jump on the AAA bandwagon? I just hope QR can get out and explain to everyone what is going on, because do date, not a lot of its users have been explained what's going on.

I feel sorry for the MGCC. Love or hate them, they've run the first meeting of the year since day dot, and it's a shame that they've had the goalposts and subsequently the meeting taken away from them.

I feel sorry for the Gatton Sprints,ho made special arrangements to move their meeting to accomodate the QR meeting.

And I most feel sorry for the competitors, who have been shafted once again. Finally it looked like we had a sensible calendar in place, only to have yet another minute change. Last year it was the situation with the July QR meeting... Maybe everyone can get their niggles sorted out by 2005?
Old 17 Jan 2004, 05:04 (Ref:841227)   #23
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by spook
The prececent has been set by CAMS for a long time at Hidden Valley. They only have a CAMS track licence for the V8 week-end once a year, so why can't they extend this same arrangement to QR.

And if CAMS really want to see State Championships at QR, they may have to issue temporary track licences for those too. Perhaps the QLD competitors are happy to do all their racing at Morgan Park for the next few years.

Cause CAMS are only interested in AVSECO & the v8supertaxi's nothing else no matter what BS they hand out
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 17 Jan 2004, 05:06 (Ref:841230)   #24
pete55
Veteran

Crash, are you saying that the February meeting has been cancelled?
Old 17 Jan 2004, 05:32 (Ref:841255)   #25
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crash - why would these meetings 'not be happening'?

When push comes to shove, it is the organiser of the relevant event that will have to make the decision to go or no go - and if they decide to cancel they would need to have some very good reason to hand back to the competitors that are supposed to take part.

As I mentioned before - if the AASA (at least get their current acronym right and stop being stubborn) decide to issue track licences, particularly as they have already said that officials licencing will, most likely, be based on CAMS anyway, then there is no reason for a club to cancel a meeting simply because CAMS have refused to issue a trck licence and the track is licensed by AASA.

Like others have pointed out - I can see a huge **** fight coming out of this very very soon.