Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 3 Oct 2005, 01:41 (Ref:1422405)   #101
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=JAG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03

Mr Goodwin of DSC was in the commentary box with Hindy when he mentioned the end of the R8 at Laguna.
I don't think I did say that! - Or was that Hindy mentioning it?
Old 3 Oct 2005, 01:44 (Ref:1422406)   #102
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
I think they will go home. Their experience of the ALMS so far is hardly good.

Whats the point in hanging around for Leguna - nothing apart from some more damage costs.

IMHO the tracks are not wide/long enough for sportscars, 30 cars on a 2 mile track is crazy.

They should head back to Europe, win the LMES at Turkey and think about next year, America is not for them.
Utter rubbish

As for the point in staying on for Leguna (sic) well if you don't know that then you aren't as clued up as to Zytek's plans as you claim to be.
Old 3 Oct 2005, 02:20 (Ref:1422417)   #103
richmini99
Racer

United States
Turners Falls MA, USA
richmini99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so, I take it there aren't any AM takers in the ALMS yet?, or no one can confirm anything yet? I'd almost prefer a Pratt & Miller VS. Prodrive afair next year.
Old 3 Oct 2005, 03:30 (Ref:1422429)   #104
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh me too, that would get me back definitely, i loved the 550s vs. C5r of years past.

And if these new lolas are competitive and someone buys a zytek or two all might be forgiven...

I dont like the fact that porsche is basically abandoning GT2 though...seems like a bonehead move.
Old 3 Oct 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1422710)   #105
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy
I dont like the fact that porsche is basically abandoning GT2 though...seems like a bonehead move.
Where do you get this impression? Alex Job has said he'll be back with 2 cars next year, and I suspect Petersen will continue too. Hopefully Yokohama will continue to support BAM! and thus it could keep the factory help it's getting now in the shape of Mike Rockenfeller.

Sure, Flying Lizard will likely be doing something else next year from their hints, but I think that just leaves room for others to step up (Farnbacher where are you?). I wonder when we can expect a 997 GT2 car?
Old 3 Oct 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1423072)   #106
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=Graham Goodwin]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG

I don't think I did say that! - Or was that Hindy mentioning it?
Hindy mentioned it, about 3 times
Old 3 Oct 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1423074)   #107
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969MGCGTdriver
oh yes, beware the dreaded TVR!!! and the deadly Viper

I think they'll be keeping an eye out for the Cirtek Astons, countless 550s etc.

Who will be in the ALMS in 2006, Acemco?
Old 3 Oct 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1423106)   #108
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
[QUOTE=JAG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin

Hindy mentioned it, about 3 times

Oh it all washes over me mate
Old 4 Oct 2005, 00:17 (Ref:1423289)   #109
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I think they'll be keeping an eye out for the Cirtek Astons, countless 550s etc.

Who will be in the ALMS in 2006, Acemco?
are the 550s stronger in Europe?
Old 4 Oct 2005, 04:50 (Ref:1423361)   #110
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Where do you get this impression? Alex Job has said he'll be back with 2 cars next year, and I suspect Petersen will continue too. Hopefully Yokohama will continue to support BAM! and thus it could keep the factory help it's getting now in the shape of Mike Rockenfeller.

Sure, Flying Lizard will likely be doing something else next year from their hints, but I think that just leaves room for others to step up (Farnbacher where are you?). I wonder when we can expect a 997 GT2 car?
When did Job say this? Based on what I've heard, it will be one car.

Flying Lizard will likely be in the Porsche next year as well. They are looking at their options for 2007.

We can expect a 997 GT2 car in 07', with the parts being tested next year.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 04:21 (Ref:1424140)   #111
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
When did Job say this? Based on what I've heard, it will be one car.

Flying Lizard will likely be in the Porsche next year as well. They are looking at their options for 2007.

We can expect a 997 GT2 car in 07', with the parts being tested next year.
EDIT: I just went and read the interview, and I think I edited that part in out of wishful thinking. Wish some of his Porsche Cup people would step up and make a 2nd car possible but I suppose it's still too much in its infancy to expect that.

When Alex did his DSC interview back a few months ago I believe he was still talking two cars. I can imagine that could and would change though, just like it did concerning this season. Has there been any word on whether he's going to be getting any factory support next year?
Old 5 Oct 2005, 15:09 (Ref:1424488)   #112
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Alex Job has the budget for two cars, he'll do two cars. But he's definitely a good business man. A bit like Roger Penske. He wont do it without proper funding. The second car almost didn't happen this year either.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1424581)   #113
JAG
Veteran

England
Just read Pirros comments about the R8, and I for one would expect Laguna to be the last race for the R8.

BTW, who is the returning GT2 manufactuer, BMW or Ferrari?
Old 5 Oct 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1424611)   #114
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari is developing a car official, BMW not, so think its Ferrari.
BMW will have enough work with Sauber in F1 and the new Super2000 car in WTCC.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 18:24 (Ref:1424632)   #115
JAG
Veteran

England
But Ferraris never had an official car in the ALMS.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1424635)   #116
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, it'll be a customer car. And will probably lack development.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1424667)   #117
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
But Ferraris never had an official car in the ALMS.
But they have had a car that was (theoretically) factory-built, the 360GTC of Risi Competitizoni was of course commissioned by the Corse Clienti divison. That is opposed to a car developed completely by a private team, so saying they're a returning manufacturer is sensible IMO.

I too expect it will be underdeveloped and poorly supported though!