Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Nov 2009, 23:10 (Ref:2589939)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughGJohnson View Post
Kamui Kobayashi to outrace his own car a la Alonso for the last two years.
Here's something to get excited about !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughGJohnson View Post
Nico Rosberg to be outperformed by any teammate but Kaz Nakajima, Piquet, Grosjean, JV or me. However, he will look better than any teammate but Danica Patrick (I like brunettes).
Wow, that's really a sad prediction, however I have to agree with the "Danica" part (I like ALL kinds of women)
Old 26 Nov 2009, 23:38 (Ref:2589952)   #27
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Foretuneatly, knot evverione neads too yuse a spel chekcer.
Those would be the ones who don't always know where to find the Space bar, huh?

Anyway, you're a marked man now, Marbot, the spelling police have been alerted.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 01:11 (Ref:2589970)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Those would be the ones who don't always know where to find the Space bar, huh?

Anyway, you're a marked man now, Marbot, the spelling police have been alerted.
There'snothingwrong withmy spacebar! Hand ass four mie sperling! Hits Inpeckable!
Old 27 Nov 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2590295)   #29
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
On-track drama between Lewis and Fernando leading to at least speculation of perceived off-track drama. Lewis will insist their mates and Fernando will say he hates McLaren but not Lewis. Odds of Lewis-Fernando becoming openly hostile 3:2 against.
Will the Mclaren be competitive? With Macca becoming the Mercedes number 2 (or even number 3 team if they favour FI over Macca) they will probably lose their edge in 2010. Will be a reasonably competitive team that will score regularly and win the odd race, but not championship contenders. Ferrari have been concentrating all their efforts on the 2010 car for longer than anyone else. And I cant see them making the same mistakes twice. Will be the team to beat in 2010 - Championship is between Alonso and Massa.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 20:08 (Ref:2590918)   #30
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by csirl View Post
Will the Mclaren be competitive? With Macca becoming the Mercedes number 2 (or even number 3 team if they favour FI over Macca) they will probably lose their edge in 2010. Will be a reasonably competitive team that will score regularly and win the odd race, but not championship contenders. Ferrari have been concentrating all their efforts on the 2010 car for longer than anyone else. And I cant see them making the same mistakes twice. Will be the team to beat in 2010 - Championship is between Alonso and Massa.
Yes, McLaren will be at the very least competitive. Force India were competitive on low downforce tracks because they had the Mercedes engine and they were number 3. Brawn were well served throwing a merc into a car designed for a Honda at the last second. I don't think McLaren would neglect next year's car again, especially if they weren't fighting for a championship. They way they developed last year they will contend for a championship if they roll out anything close to decent. I honestly think Ferrari had better be on their game to compete with McLaren next year.

I think 2010 will look a lot like '07. McLaren, Ferrari and the rest in the WCC. Alonso vs. Hamilton in the WDC, although Massa will be much stronger assuming he's 100% and of course no dramatic comeback from Kimi (unless it's very dramatic). Ron should even be around more.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2591262)   #31
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think next season is likely to be a bit more conventional in terms of the order - McLaren, Ferrari, (they can't mess up two years in a row surely); with Red Bull and Mercedes still posing a challenge but probably having a much harder time establishing themselves as clear frontrunners next year. Vettel's talent will probably keep him there or therabouts but I can see him getting frustrated and leaving for Mercedes long-term a la Alonso at Renault.

Williams, Renault, Sauber, even Force India will be the unknowns - could be right up there, could be rubbish. The new teams pluas Toro Rosso will be the tail-enders.