Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Apr 2013, 06:54 (Ref:3240880)   #226
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Its OK Mike,weather is sorted,pupils like sunshine so had to pre-book it anyway.
There is a video clip posted on Trackside about plans for increasing tourism in Spa area. Don't understand what they are talking about BUT it is raining in all the shots!!!! May even be you driving round, Terence?
Old 30 Apr 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3240970)   #227
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me? No,never
Been a slow but sure investment there Mike,possibly kick started by the realisation the GP could be taken away from them,BE strikes again. There was of course the initial investment of the 17 million euros for La Source Hotel [one reason the intended restoration of the original was blocked!]
There have been plans in place for a couple of years to do a similar thing to the Silverstone project,plus a Race School,as the original Driving School [run by Peugeot] was mainly just for young driver training. Big things are planned,RSR being at the fore of the race thing were only too pleased to be invited to set it up. Besides,where nicer a place to get in the line for your race license? Seems like there is an awful lot more planned yet.
Old 13 May 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3246976)   #228
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
If anyone wants a free lift to and from this meeting I have spare seats (paid for) on the tunnel out on the 23rd at 8.20 back on the 26th at 19.50 .
PM me if interested.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 May 2013, 07:26 (Ref:3247147)   #229
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
After 2 weeks of phone calls we've finally managed to get through to HP and buy some tyres. appalling.
Old 14 May 2013, 07:53 (Ref:3247154)   #230
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
After 2 weeks of phone calls we've finally managed to get through to HP and buy some tyres. appalling.
Zef, if you want some CR6ZZ's on rims for a Cortina, pm me. I have 4 brand new (just scrubbed in for N'ring last year). They are in the UK, near Huntingdon, so could be picked up by Mike (for example) & taken to Spa for you.

PM me for more info if you are interested.
Old 14 May 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3247256)   #231
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Martin, but I run Dunlop M's . . . .
Old 14 May 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3247284)   #232
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
They don't deserve to be in business !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 May 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3247345)   #233
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
having taken my money, and yours, hopefully they will remaim in business until the boots actually arrive!

On a lighter note . . .are there any more entries yet, our grids looking sparse.

At least we're in with a chance of a top 20 finish!
Old 14 May 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3247360)   #234
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I REALLY wanted for this to be the Capris first "Anger Outing" but its looking more and more unlikely,pressure of work and some niggling issues with the car. Mechanically ready to go but silly sodding things are taking up too much time.
Will be in the area though,so might get a chance to come say hallo.
Old 14 May 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3247406)   #235
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
On a lighter note . . .are there any more entries yet, our grids looking sparse.

At least we're in with a chance of a top 20 finish!
You could be first Ford home in your race, Joe!
Old 15 May 2013, 06:52 (Ref:3247707)   #236
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Anyone would think there's been a factory recall for Lowtit Cortinas

given they where all built last year it is feasible
Old 15 May 2013, 07:44 (Ref:3247724)   #237
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Anyone would think there's been a factory recall for Lowtit Cortinas

given they where all built last year it is feasible

I know the conflict with Masters at Brands has caused bit of a quandary for some racers, and U2TC are at Monza following weekend so that could have something to do with it. Or they don't want to be beaten by a GT........

Old 15 May 2013, 08:06 (Ref:3247729)   #238
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I think entries are taking a bigger hit in most disciplines this year than even last year, trouble is once you slip out of it for a few months and see how much better off you suddenly become its hard to get the incentive to start paying out these ridiculous sums of money for a few laps of a tarmaced surface. This is going to be make or break for many clubs and race series/championships this year I fear. Someone, be it track owners or major clubs really need to start offering some bargain races to get the interest back and quick.
Old 15 May 2013, 10:36 (Ref:3247780)   #239
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

I know the conflict with Masters at Brands has caused bit of a quandary for some racers, and U2TC are at Monza following weekend so that could have something to do with it. Or they don't want to be beaten by a GT........

Think Mike's quote hits it bang on ...... with entries having to be paid up front & the risk of not being able to get ready for Monza the following w/e is a risk, even for the big teams in U2TC. The only real possibility would be to leave Spa & head straight to Monza, doing repairs etc en route, like they do in NASCAR !!!!!

Pity, cos the chance to race at Spa in the darkness does not come around too often .....
Old 15 May 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3247792)   #240
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I think entries are taking a bigger hit in most disciplines this year than even last year, trouble is once you slip out of it for a few months and see how much better off you suddenly become its hard to get the incentive to start paying out these ridiculous sums of money for a few laps of a tarmaced surface. This is going to be make or break for many clubs and race series/championships this year I fear. Someone, be it track owners or major clubs really need to start offering some bargain races to get the interest back and quick.
All been said before Al. And indeed when great value offers are on the table many people have decided not to accept. I give you the baby 360. But that is all off topic. More relevant is the calendar congestion that makes this event a great addition to the season but at exactly the wrong time in the calendar.

Last week there was Pau, end of the month there's Brands. This weekend is the HSCC. Unless you are a big team (should they really exist in club motorsport?), individuals won't have time to enter them all.
Old 15 May 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3247858)   #241
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Last week there was Pau, end of the month there's Brands. This weekend is the HSCC. Unless you are a big team (should they really exist in club motorsport?), individuals won't have time to enter them all.
Exactly! For example- This w/end we are at Silverstone 60 minute GT&SCC plus if all works out Simon is nipping up to Donington sunday PM for the MSCC race in his other Morgan. Next w/end should have been at Brands in GD 90 minute race then at Monza following w/end for GT&SCC 90 minute again... Fortunately, from the point of view of re-preparing car between events, Brands clashes with Spa and I had already decided to do that. If we had entered GD at Donington that would be 4 out of 5 w/ends away this month with same car!

Old 15 May 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3247994)   #242
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
When I looked into what it may cost us to go to a football match as a family, racing aint so expensive. Its rarely as disappointing . .even if the car breaks.

and we'll get a nice week in the Ardennes and surrounding areas thrown in, with a stop over on the way back.
Old 15 May 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3248020)   #243
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Who wants to go to a football match? Off topic but its my hometown against yours this weekend for the big prize isnt it?
Old 16 May 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3248284)   #244
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Would have been, but we didn't show up on Monday against Crapstal Palarse

Watford should cruise into the premiershyte.

Entertainment of all sorts, and holidays of all sorts are increasingly expensive . . . I don't think racings got any more expensive than everything else. external prep costs have . . .but that doesn't affect you and I Al.
Old 17 May 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3249098)   #245
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I note that the weather at Spa isn't forecast to be very good next weekend, also have we got to get something in writing from "the powers that be" to be able to race when using a Nat A licence at this meeting ?
Old 17 May 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3249112)   #246
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I note that the weather at Spa isn't forecast to be very good next weekend, also have we got to get something in writing from "the powers that be" to be able to race when using a Nat A licence at this meeting ?
Hope weather is all wet or all dry! New wheels delayed so will be juggling rims and tyres. How are you with tyre levers, Gordon?

The visa required is printed on back of 2013 licences. It is the bit that starts 'Valid as a Visa etc'. Apparently that was missing last year and reason we all had to have letter from MSA. Worked at Barcelona, anyway.......

Old 17 May 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3249120)   #247
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
New wheels delayed so will be juggling rims and tyres. How are you with tyre levers, Gordon?

Actually I am very good at fitting tyres with levers as that's all we had pre fitting machines, also used to breaking the bead with a bit of wood and a heavy van !
Old 17 May 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3249125)   #248
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Actually I am very good at fitting tyres with levers as that's all we had pre fitting machines, also used to breaking the bead with a bit of wood and a heavy van !
It used to be quite interesting to see some of the 'unusual' methods adopted for bead breaking!

I'll bring me tyre levers, then.....
Old 17 May 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3249133)   #249
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
That's ok as long as I don't have too much of the falling down water on Sue's birthday on the 24th !
Old 18 May 2013, 06:14 (Ref:3249224)   #250
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
That's ok as long as I don't have too much of the falling down water on Sue's birthday on the 24th !
Mmmm, lucky not on track Saturday until evening Gordon!

Weather! One forecast site showing sun and 18 degrees all Saturday, BUT Friday testing and qualifying, it's sleet or snow and 6 degrees max. Almost down to freezing that night! Sunday as we come home up to 24 degrees.

The joys of Spa.......