Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Oct 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3322123)   #1001
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
I'm surprised they're looking for a new P2. I seem to remember them saying they still had the HPD they ran in 2012.
ESM bought that chassis for their 2nd LMP2 car.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3322130)   #1002
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I agree and the Nissan engine is definitely the quick set up right now but they've got a pretty solid relationship with HPD though...
I was told "no" when I specifically asked about sticking with HPD. Things can obviously change in the next few weeks as teams decide what to run (especially when looking at availability), but I would tend to agree with this logic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan
In 6 ALMS seasons Muscle Milk/Cytosport ran 4 different cars. In 2008, when they didn't run in ALMS, they ran a different Lola at the LM24. I think they're going to go with whatever they think will be most competitive P2 car.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3322288)   #1003
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ex...ford-for-2014/

Ganassi switching to Ford.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3322289)   #1004
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if they are getting the Ford dollars Mike Shank was hoping for?
Old 23 Oct 2013, 20:46 (Ref:3322304)   #1005
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maybe Whiney Mike Shank will have to go to the devil P2 cars to afford to race next year.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3322317)   #1006
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.racer.com/tuscc-action-ex...rticle/317584/
Action Express to continue running 1 Corvette DP full time and possibly 1 more for the NAEC
Old 24 Oct 2013, 06:18 (Ref:3322456)   #1007
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I wonder if they are getting the Ford dollars Mike Shank was hoping for?
Probably Ford just wanted more than 1 team running the engine, and why not try to woo the biggest team?
Old 24 Oct 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3322606)   #1008
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the drivers for Ganassi? I could not imagine that Chevy would let the Ganassi NASCAR and Indycar drivers drive a Ford Ecoboost for any races. See that is why this whole deal does not make sense to me. I don't recall Dagys saying it was a confirmed official decision by the way.
Old 24 Oct 2013, 16:16 (Ref:3322630)   #1009
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
What about the drivers for Ganassi? I could not imagine that Chevy would let the Ganassi NASCAR and Indycar drivers drive a Ford Ecoboost for any races. See that is why this whole deal does not make sense to me. I don't recall Dagys saying it was a confirmed official decision by the way.
Ganassi's teams have never been one manufacturer.
His other drivers have raced his Dinan BMW powered DP's... his drivers are contracted to his race teams, not to the engine supplier. No conflict.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 24 Oct 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3322635)   #1010
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dagys is pretty good with rumors---he doesn't usually publish and then have to retract.

As for drivers--who knows? Pruett is good for another year but he has beent alking about needed reparative surgery for a while. Memo Rojas brings the Telmex bucks, so his seat is solid.

Ganassi drivers were free to drive BMW motors, who knows about Ford? Likely the second car would need a paying driver but there might be some of them around after the merger.

It's not like Telmex-Ganassi isn't an attractive seat.
Old 24 Oct 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3322682)   #1011
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Ganassi drivers were free to drive BMW motors, who knows about Ford?
BMW wasn't competing with them in NASCAR though. I'm not saying that automatically rules it out, but it might become an issue.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 01:04 (Ref:3322769)   #1012
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are not factory drivers and not contracted as far as I know to any manufacturer so it shouldn't be a problem. Ganassi is the one with the driver contracts so he can do what he wants with them.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3323045)   #1013
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
P2: Nah PC: Erm WEC P1: Hmm...

Level 5 are playing musical chairs and the music is about to stop. Still seem very undecided on next year. But I think this is the first public acknowledgement that they are looking at WEC P1

http://www.racer.com/level-5-conside...rticle/318051/
Old 25 Oct 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3323061)   #1014
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't understand that move at all, why would anyone look at WEC P1 without a factory program? Especially when you already have two P2 cars ready to go...

...also yaaaaaaaaaaaay more of those exciting PC cars to hold up the GTLM cars next year!
Old 25 Oct 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3323064)   #1015
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
I don't understand that move at all, why would anyone look at WEC P1 without a factory program? Especially when you already have two P2 cars ready to go...

...also yaaaaaaaaaaaay more of those exciting PC cars to hold up the GTLM cars next year!
I have to admit, I don't really understand the thinking. If Tucker wants to win, fair enough. He can't do that in P1. He MIGHT be able to do that in P2 - with machinery they already own.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3323071)   #1016
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a bit of a puzzle isn't it? I know they already have been there, done that with respect to P2 in the ILMC, but so too with PC. I can see the P1 thing making sense if Scott really, really wants a new challenge (acknowledging the time he ran the Kolles R10). As a place where they can win, though? Versus Rebellion, in a fair fight? Hmm...

The only other motivation I could see is from HPD's side, if they feel like giving a shove to any team thinking of actually running their new P1 package?
Old 25 Oct 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3323072)   #1017
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I have to admit, I don't really understand the thinking. If Tucker wants to win, fair enough. He can't do that in P1. He MIGHT be able to do that in P2 - with machinery they already own.
I'm not sure which is more important to Tucker: social status (what class you're in, P1, P2, etc) or money (P1 is more expensive than P2, P2 than PC, etc). I have a feeling he's juggling those two options right now. I'm sure he'd like to flaunt his image since he's an arrogant **** but he'd also like to spend less money.

These days, LMP1 is only for top privateers and factory teams. Compared to the likes of Rebellion, Audi, Toyota, Porsche, etc, Level 5 has virtually no money nor power. They'll end up like Autocon. They thought they could do anything but ended up going down the slippery slope of cutting corners financially/mechanically, which led to bad performances, less sponsorship, and most of all, no one wanted to join the team because anyone half smart knew that they wouldn't get past lap 1 (literally, at Le Mans).

If Tucker wants to continue to be successful and respected by his competitors, he needs to continue in LMP2. The world of elite endurance racing has changed in favor of the financial powerhouse manufacturers like Toyota and Audi just over the last few years, and Level 5 simply wouldn't stand a chance against their competition. If they want to win, LMP1 is impossible, they may have a shot at LMP2, and in LMPC they would surely win. I agree with you, Simmi, I'm not sure where any hesitation lies...
Old 25 Oct 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3323076)   #1018
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The hesitation is based in litigation.

He stands a chance of not making the 2014 grid, assets being seized, and himself going to the klink.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 25 Oct 2013, 22:41 (Ref:3323087)   #1019
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think HPD is going to fund one 2014 1/2 P1 and race it at a couple late races next year to dial in the chassis then race the whole year 2015 with a full ERS.

And Level 5's pit set-up looks better than the factory teams!

Use them to sell their product.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3323091)   #1020
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
And also I think the team plans was always to go P1 WEC with Tucker doing LMPC but the delay to the 2014 Wirth P1 and the NASCAR new rule of only 10 PC per race put a curve to their plans.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3323097)   #1021
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May as well spend his money while he can...
Old 26 Oct 2013, 01:30 (Ref:3323155)   #1022
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So do you have any new info on his case? I haven't heard anything new, since this got out in 2012 people said he wouldn't make it to the end of the season,then he wouldnt complete the 2013 season because he would get arrested,then he wouldn't go to mosport or Le Mans because they wouldn't let him leave the country.well he ended up doing all those things,when is he going to get arrested already.if they go p1 they would race in the privateer class not against the factories.so far it's just rebellion and strakka,maybe they feel they can win against them.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 02:27 (Ref:3323165)   #1023
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So far just Rebellion. Strakka has not confirmed what their 2014 plans are as far as I am aware.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 03:26 (Ref:3323173)   #1024
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, this is a thread about entries, not about a persons character, legal status, or monetary resources. You have been warned.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 03:48 (Ref:3323175)   #1025
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
I don't understand that move at all, why would anyone look at WEC P1 without a factory program?
Maybe he's found a loophole in the rules and thinks he can win the driver's championship. A "World Championship" wouldn't hurt his ego at all.