Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2404815)   #76
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
Can I assume that "AMR Eastern Europe" will be Charouz's car?

Plenty of Aston LMP1 seats to be filled....
I am not sure whether any of them are more or less Charouz - I'm guessing it was just the usual 2 cars per team name deal as Toni is involved with the project as a whole.

Lots of free seats though, you're right! Wonder if we'll see some former Prodrive pilots in the car? Rydell, Menu? More tin-top experience there, but same with Laurent Aiello who was successful for Audi in the R8.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2404818)   #77
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What's the score with Racing Box? I know I don't keep up to date these days as much as I ought to, but after last year's debacle, what's that doing there?
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2404822)   #78
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Pescarolo's 908 entry be heavily supported by Peugeot? Would their support even be allowed?

LMP1 is looking stellar I gotta say for this year - I hadn't heard about the R10s or Henri's 908 so that really surprised me - as did seeing any RS Spyders in LMP2. I knew Acura wasn't coming but I was still disappointed not to see their names on the list when it was published. This should be a great race!
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:06 (Ref:2404824)   #79
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
What's the score with Racing Box? I know I don't keep up to date these days as much as I ought to, but after last year's debacle, what's that doing there?
Last years debacle wasn't actually Racing Box's fault.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2404825)   #80
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
How sure can we be that Dome (with or without ECOSpeed) actually applied for entry? News at dome.co.jp is only in Japanese and Google translation is too gibberish but I can't see anything referring clearly to Le Mans this year. I know Japanese Samurai's translations in the Toyota thread and that Japanese site (sports-carracing.net) that mentioned oddly LMS, 24LM, last race of ALMS and Fuji+Shangai, but was this stuff official?

From what everyone is carrying, as the teams release, pretty sure. But since we just heard about this team 3 days ago, and they have no history per se at Le Mans with a Dome only being on the grid last year at Le Mans and nowhere else maybe the ACO decided that they needed to participate in a series before they get the nod. And who is to say if they actually had their app. in before the dead line or not?? Was it wishful thinking on their part because of the Dome affiliation? Or did Dome apply?

L.P.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2404826)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair enough.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2404830)   #82
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Oreca-Courage, but with the Judd rather than AIM block - don't know whether it will otherwise be in 08 or 09 spec.

Huh? It has to be to '09 spec or it can't race.

L.P.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2404837)   #83
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On the whole I have to say its pretty much as I expected. I feel a bit sorry for Larbre I did think they might get the Saleen with it being the last year GT1

Oh yes and one other which car do we think Yojiro Terada is going turn up this year?

It's going to be cracker, roll on June !!!
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:23 (Ref:2404840)   #84
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG

L.P.
Well Pescarolo is getting a way with an 08 Spec 908.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2404842)   #85
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With a 08 car, but you can expect it not to have the 08 aero.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2404845)   #86
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346
I wonder which chassis Vitaphone will be using?

And I wonder who will drive for Jetalliance? Will they bring back Wendlinger, Sharp & Müller.

Tom.
Ya, I was wondering the same thing. Will this be the Lienhard car or one of the ex-Penske works chassis? I think it would be more fiscally prudent for Vitaphone to pair up with Horag in running the Lienhard car. Bartels/Bertolini/Theys ??

L.P.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2404848)   #87
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
With a 08 car, but you can expect it not to have the 08 aero.
Exactly, I think we are getting cross wired here!

L.P.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:45 (Ref:2404855)   #88
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Given the reg changes for 2009, and the ACO's declared intention of regulating the diesels still further if deemed necessary, can a petrol engined machine realistically win this year's race?
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2404858)   #89
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Ya, I was wondering the same thing. Will this be the Lienhard car or one of the ex-Penske works chassis? I think it would be more fiscally prudent for Vitaphone to pair up with Horag in running the Lienhard car. Bartels/Bertolini/Theys ??

L.P.
I strongly suspect they will lease out the Horag chassis (as they did the Strakka Aston), but I believe at least 1 ex-Penske chassis is in Europe now as well.

How they structure this effort will be interesting. Last year, they collaborated heavily with Strakka so it was as much a branding exercise as anything (though they contributed team personnel and a funded quick man in Negrao). This year there is not quite as obvious a team to link up with. If Horag has gentlemen funding their campaign in the LMS, surely they would have submitted an LM entry if they could fund it. So is Vitaphone contributing drivers and funding, are they getting money from Ramos so he can drive, or what?! I'd love to see 3 pros in the car, but is that reasonable? Is Porsche supporting this (with a driver)? If so, why was it not on their press release with Goh and Essex cars? So many questions!!!
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:50 (Ref:2404861)   #90
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman
Given the reg changes for 2009, and the ACO's declared intention of regulating the diesels still further if deemed necessary, can a petrol engined machine realistically win this year's race?
Engine performance isn't the only things that determines a Le Mans victory. Audi has shown that the drivers, reliability/fixability, planning, fuel economy, and pit stops are key elements to winning @ Le Mans despite lap times.

On the other hand, chassis design also plays a role in lap times.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2404863)   #91
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:

L.P.
With respect to rear wing, yes. With respect to everything else Oreca was hoping to change, no. Especially if the changes are taking advantage of the better packaging of the AIM engine, which has reduced vertical height.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2404868)   #92
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18
Official enough:

Taken from Mariantic about ECOSpeed:

"LMS, Asian LM Series & some ALMS plus LM"
Not really official at all...
Old 26 Feb 2009, 20:08 (Ref:2404873)   #93
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Hmm, those were the intended entries posted by the team! They did not get the Le Mans invite as evidenced by the official list. But that does not make it any less official, as to what was posted at Mariantic, or DSC for that matter!

L.P.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2404891)   #94
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Or did Dome apply?
From what ive heard , they withdrew their entry due to economics . Im disapointed that it wont be there but , the team really doesnt merit it just yet . We have yet to see this new team .
Old 26 Feb 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2404897)   #95
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's from a press release from the team. So yes I would call that official.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 21:33 (Ref:2404917)   #96
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
In that case then... it is first time I hear about a press release. *Uses search* I thought the Toyota thread was the only thread where this was discussed, apparently not...

Last edited by deggis; 26 Feb 2009 at 21:41.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2404964)   #97
moonman
Rookie

moonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there are too many diesels this year. Its good with variety but I found them a little bit boring to watch live last year. 4 diesels out of 55 cars is enough.

Last edited by moonman; 26 Feb 2009 at 22:36.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 01:50 (Ref:2405051)   #98
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Disappointed about their being on Dome this year. Five Audis!! Four Peugoets !! Four Astons!!! LMP1 is going to go off this year!!

Great to see Vitaphone back this year (shame it wont be in GT1 ), this year should truly show what a full Vitaphone team effort can do.

And why oh why is there no Saleen in GT1, Larbre are French, I would've thought they would be a shoe in. Its quite annoying that the Larbre Saleen is so far down the reserves list, who really cares about McDreamy!!
Very happy to see not one but TWO Lambos in GT1-awesome!!! Ditto entries for Gigawave and JetAlliance in the DBR9s. I still think it will be a win for one of the factory vettes though.

And Badger's not gonna like this but I have no problems with there being nine Ferraris in GT2. But as in any class I would prefer to see a battle in every class throughout the race and its great to see the beautiful Aston Martin Vantage finally at LM. Ditto Spyker it wouldnt be GT2 without them.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 07:10 (Ref:2405149)   #99
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts...

* Creation got an entry? I know they've been good in the past, but they can't even get a budget together to run ALMS this year? Will they even get a budget to do Le Mans?
* Surprised that Strakka was given an entry. They're probably the weakest entry in LMP1 alongside Creation, and we already have a better Ginetta-Zytek in the field.
* With Gigawave announcing they'll be running Nissan in FIA GT, I wonder how well this effort with their Aston Martin will really go.
* China Endurance Team on the reserve. Surprised because of its uniqueness, but looking at the entry list it has to be an older generation 997.
* WR left out again? Ouch.
* Saleen, especially a Larbre Saleen, being left out is probably the strangest of all.
* Team Seattle being left out is a bit of a surprise too, I'd think the ACO would be all over something for charity.
Old 27 Feb 2009, 08:24 (Ref:2405183)   #100
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Dome announced the comment.
Eco Speed did not do even the entry application!
They even had not paid Dome minimum cost.
Dome seems to be being cheated by the swindle person.
S102 chasis is fortunately at the hand of Dome.

Tags
2009 le mans entries