Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 8 Jun 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2706736)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Circuit de Silkenmon (possibly my best yet - let's see!)

Hi there guys,

I had a train journey the other day that got extremely boring. I sketched a track up, and was remarkably happy with how it looked by the time i'd finished. I decided to take a picture of it and bring it in to Photoshop!

Please tell me what you think - I personally think it's my best piece of work to date.

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
circuit de silkenmon.jpg   circuit de silkenmon 2.jpg  
Old 8 Jun 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2706826)   #2
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This could very well be your best. Apart from the pitlane it's perfectly safe and more importantly it looks very challenging.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2706874)   #3
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow. I, of course, absolutely love turn 4 - high speed corner!

I also like T5 and T6, the Chicane/ Esses.

Sublime.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2706959)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd say the key here is scale. How long the S/F straight, between T4 & T5 and between T11 & T12.

The reason I say that is that they appear similarly long, therefore 3 x 600m straights would make it a reasonable length but would 600 be long enough for overtaking under braking into T5 and T12
Old 8 Jun 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2706967)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am curious, why have you presented it twice? Same circuit, but just rotated.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2706980)   #6
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Hmm, it looks a bit like the full course at Mantorp Park (with the extension they don't seem to use anymore) and TT Circuit Assen put together. Turn 4 seems similar to the old 300R at Fuji.

Anyway, on the whole, I like it.

The two things I would look at changing would be to make Turn 3 less acute, and then to have some sort of extension to bypass those final three corners with a flowing section that smoothly joins onto the start/finish straight.
Old 10 Jun 2010, 09:32 (Ref:2708091)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I wanted T3 quite harsh, Purist. I just felt the first two corners were meant to be absolutely hair raising and a test of the testiculars Then who can break the latest into T3 carrying so much speed through 1 and 2! Also, it'd be a decent overtaking opportunity.

I totally take on board your ideas about alternative corners for the sections aforementioned. Thank you!

Adam, I had done it flipped 90 degree, then realised I wanted it flat, so had to tilt all the numbers and re-place them I just thought it was good to see the shape of the circuit as it's quite different.

SBF, as you know, this is one of my pitfalls. I never really go in to details in regards to distance, unfortunately. I take on board your points about the straights being long enough to garner an overtake, and my opinion would be half way through T4, drivers could begin looking to start pulling alongside whomever maybe in front of them, and same for 10/11 leading down to 12. But hey, this is why i'd like to create these tracks in Grand Prix 2 so I could actually try them

Dyewat and Quintin, thank you for the kind words.

Feedback always appreciated fellas!

Selby
Old 10 Jun 2010, 18:43 (Ref:2708530)   #8
PawUloN
Rookie

Poland
Poland
PawUloN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry mate, I just couldn't resist. Sorry for poor drawing too.
Attached Thumbnails
Silke.gif  
Old 10 Jun 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2708670)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Mate, that's absolutely hilarious..... I had to even show my girlfriend it. That's definitely a first here for me on 10tenths!

Selby
Old 11 Jun 2010, 08:44 (Ref:2708954)   #10
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This track is pretty unique. It would be perfect for IndyCars.
Old 11 Jun 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2708981)   #11
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Ok, here's a modified one with 2 corner options added:

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
silkenmon3.jpg