Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:12 (Ref:3394881)   #301
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jeez, just make the most of it.......
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:13 (Ref:3394883)   #302
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefvh View Post
I am doing the same here.
Yep, this seems to work. Looks like a security flaw, now I feel even more sorry for those who shelled out the cash...

Hopefully they don't fix this anytime soon.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3394884)   #303
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
5-10,000 viewers on Dailymotion last year
62,000 Facebook fans
Non-Le Mans attendance 5-35,000

Where is the 200,000 number coming from.? Are these clowns living in some kind of a fantasy land?
They are attempting to pass Scott Atherton as the most nonsensical PR source in motorsports, and by the look of things succeeding.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:15 (Ref:3394885)   #304
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I paid my £4 - I wont go without food this weekend as a result. I can't be there (when I normally would be) and I'm perfectly happy.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:18 (Ref:3394888)   #305
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Streaming working here too
http://sportscarstreams.com/

Lolz for ACO
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:23 (Ref:3394891)   #306
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Unless I'm missing an adaptive element like the old ALMS livestream, there's no 720p option like the dailymotion-hosted stream last year. So we're being asked to pay for a lower quality service than previously on offer?
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3394894)   #307
Azy
Rookie

Azy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, quality isn't so good.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:31 (Ref:3394898)   #308
Deleted
Veteran

They also have loud effect volumes and other background noises that force you to have separate RLM audio feed (that's not fully synced with the pics).

Hopefully Eurosport Player has the full feed for tomorrow, this is fairly crap.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:37 (Ref:3394905)   #309
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I should just switch it off if I were you.......
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:42 (Ref:3394907)   #310
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I should just switch it off if I were you.......
I may not care of the championship or look into ACO's failures in media department and other areas with smily faces, but I'm here as I'm -honestly- excited about the new LMP1s ahead of Le Mans, this weekend cannot be missed
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:46 (Ref:3394909)   #311
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm pleased to hear it - I don't want to annoy anyone and I know that principles and sensibilities are at issue here, but the level of moaning and groaning is seriously depressing. People have found ways to watch for free now - that doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'd just like ,to see people make the most of it.....
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3394916)   #312
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Jeez, just make the most of it.......
Your spamming your own board at this point. Discussing the live stream on a thread whose subject is the "live stream" is not unusual.

The technical problem is that many people's internet can be speculative and people have been maneuvered into paying for what can be a speculative stream.

But more than that, they first announced this in a garbled way (or disclosed it through their own ineptitude) right on top of the first race, without bothering to inform its fanbase, without any notice, which is an outrageous sign of disrespect and contempt. Fans have every right to be angry and to complain about this.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:58 (Ref:3394919)   #313
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
I'm pleased to hear it - I don't want to annoy anyone and I know that principles and sensibilities are at issue here, but the level of moaning and groaning is seriously depressing. People have found ways to watch for free now - that doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'd just like ,to see people make the most of it.....
Again, sportscar fans that actually do want to see these events will find other ways to watch (if they can bother), but that is not the issue. Decision like this is murder if ACO ever wants to have non-diehard people caring about their racing outside Le Mans. This is money making excercise, nothing more and nothing less. Their PR speeches on that DSC article just prove it, unless they're really as delusional as believing they can get 200,000 people to get their app and/or subscription. And then they are just crazy.

Of course, streaming service being crap and the fact that you can bypass their payment process isn't helping either, but the real issue isn't about US or the mediocre product, but attracting more people in

Last edited by Deleted; 19 Apr 2014 at 12:09.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3394922)   #314
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Very much this, I haven't arranged a creditcard yet to watch the races but I will tomorrow so I can watch the race via the FIA WEC site. I think we can all keep complaining but we have to thank the WEC for building a solid world championship with exciting new rules.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3394932)   #315
Stahler
Rookie

Stahler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Streaming working here too
http://sportscarstreams.com/

Lolz for ACO
Sorry, but that is an *cough* unofficial *cough* stream so I would rather not draw attention to it or ACO will have the last laugh by taking it down...
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:12 (Ref:3394933)   #316
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Your spamming your own board at this point. Discussing the live stream on a thread whose subject is the "live stream" is not unusual.

The technical problem is that many people's internet can be speculative and people have been maneuvered into paying for what can be a speculative stream.

But more than that, they first announced this in a garbled way (or disclosed it through their own ineptitude) right on top of the first race, without bothering to inform its fanbase, without any notice, which is an outrageous sign of disrespect and contempt. Fans have every right to be angry and to complain about this.

Again, so be it. I'm not responsible for whether or not anyone else's internet is 'speculative' or not. Nor do I give a monkey's whether I'm spamming or not. But I am entitled to comment upon the whingeing that continued even after free means of access was identified.

Be angry if you will, complain if you like. Yes, I accept that more should have been said, done and advertised. However the realisation that everything in life isn't always free is a lesson I learned long ago. And my bottom line is that I just watched a great qualifying session and I'm looking forward to settling down to watch what will hopefully be a great race tomorrow.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3394945)   #317
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
This is better than the sportscarstreams.com because this IS the official feed:

http://backvideo.ampi.tv/embed/091jwt

Unprotected, probably not an unique (per broadcast) link either. Link can be found from the page source from members.fiawec.com

Last edited by deggis; 19 Apr 2014 at 12:43.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3394948)   #318
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Unless I'm missing an adaptive element like the old ALMS livestream, there's no 720p option like the dailymotion-hosted stream last year. So we're being asked to pay for a lower quality service than previously on offer?
Actually this is called "adaptive" stream, so the quality gets adjusted automatically, so having no nominal 720p option does not mean it isn't 720p. Looked pretty good to me.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:35 (Ref:3394949)   #319
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Again, so be it. I'm not responsible for whether or not anyone else's internet is 'speculative' or not. Nor do I give a monkey's whether I'm spamming or not. But I am entitled to comment upon the whingeing that continued even after free means of access was identified.

Be angry if you will, complain if you like. Yes, I accept that more should have been said, done and advertised. However the realisation that everything in life isn't always free is a lesson I learned long ago. And my bottom line is that I just watched a great qualifying session and I'm looking forward to settling down to watch what will hopefully be a great race tomorrow.
Noone said everything in life should be free. And its fantastic that you have a great connection. Congratulations on that. But there are more people in this universe than you and there are plenty of people that have been grossly disrespected and deprived here. You can always skip over the thread if the legitimate disappointment of other people annoys you.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:37 (Ref:3394950)   #320
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Last years Dailymotion stream didn't use flash.
Sure about that? http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpg...-wec-live_auto

Quote:
So I don't see why they would be using that, most of the companies are moving away from that crappy piece of software called flash and are using h264 as a codec as most browsers have the capabilities to run that efficiently.
Except in places where you need streaming techniques and especially DRM. You're also mixing up things (flash is a container, not a codec, in fact that stream did probably use h264).
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3394956)   #321
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Noone said everything in life should be free. And its fantastic that you have a great connection. Congratulations on that. But there are more people in this universe than you and there are plenty of people that have been grossly disrespected and deprived here. You can always skip over the thread if the legitimate disappointment of other people annoys you.

As I said, so be it. I'm sorry you and others are disappointed. However, 'grossly disrespected and deprived' is, to me, massively over-egging the situation. You (and others) will probably disagree, I respect your right to do so - I just wanted to address the issue with a little perspective which has seemed to me to be missing.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:59 (Ref:3394957)   #322
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Before reading in here, I signed up for the whole season.
And finding there is a free service, actually doesn't disappoint me, as much as it should.
The price of 20€, for 8 races is something everyone should be able to find (I'm a student with a minimum income myself).
And by signing up, I know I support something, not yet corrupted by moguls (like Bernie) and hopefully keep it on a path close to it's fans more than the big money from "less honest" places.
So I hope everyone will sign-up for what I found to be a exellent service.
(Eventhough it was streamed from an iPhone with 3G, to a Computer, and then on to a TV, as I'm on Holiday)
Old 19 Apr 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3394958)   #323
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It must be said, I haven't followed the whole discussion, and just jumped into the end.
I miss a similar service in F1, as my current legal solution is way to expensive compared!
Old 19 Apr 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3394960)   #324
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Before reading in here, I signed up for the whole season.
And finding there is a free service, actually doesn't disappoint me, as much as it should.
The price of 20€, for 8 races is something everyone should be able to find (I'm a student with a minimum income myself).
And by signing up, I know I support something, not yet corrupted by moguls (like Bernie) and hopefully keep it on a path close to it's fans more than the big money from "less honest" places.
So I hope everyone will sign-up for what I found to be a exellent service.
(Eventhough it was streamed from an iPhone with 3G, to a Computer, and then on to a TV, as I'm on Holiday)
Well, that's two of us content Mathias. I'm just glad to see I'm not entirely alone in my satisfaction with what I paid for.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3394963)   #325
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Well, that's two of us content Mathias. I'm just glad to see I'm not entirely alone in my satisfaction with what I paid for.
You are not Andrew!
And knowing the state of motorsport in general, I'm more than happy to help with such a small amount, to the most interesting and potential Top-Line series currently running.