Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3394347)   #151
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Even timing is not for free
Even the link on the Alkamel Systems site redirects to the WEC pay site.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3394352)   #152
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live timing is free if you just signup (even though you do not go through the credit card payment), I think.

http://members.fiawec.com/ is giving me live timing.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:22 (Ref:3394353)   #153
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how? when i try to sign up, it asks me if i want to pay for silverstone only or for the entire season. no other options available.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:24 (Ref:3394354)   #154
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm at home for the Easter Holidays, but for around half the races I'll be back at Uni.

Our family will share an account, but I assume it can only be viewed from one IP address at a time, or one device at a time.

So what happens when I'm not at home? Well, my sister and my dad perhaps aren't quite as into the racing as I am, so they'll probably find something else to do with their time, and let the impoverished student have the account. My dad's doing a doctorate and my sister has A-Levels to revise for, and Grand Prix are much less time consuming - and they've already forked out a lot for that. Watching a WEC race is a big commitment, and this might just make their decision for them...

So this move means that in a house that's endurance racing mad, filled with pictures of Le Mans cars in almost every room, they'll only get around a third of the viewers they got from last year as a result of this move.

I'd like to think I'm not a keyboard basher, but I am really, really struggling to understand how this benefits any of the parties involved.

I'm not too worried, because if this is as much of a mistake as I think it is, then it won't last for long anyway. But it's a frustrating move which reduces my confidence in those that run the series.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:25 (Ref:3394355)   #155
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Go to the signup page, fill the details (name, email and password) and choose, for example, the year package.

After that, it goes to the CC payment page. Here, do nothing (or close it!)

In case your browser saved your password, then you can access live timing.

BTW: Both Audis at the front.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:25 (Ref:3394356)   #156
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How am I supposed to be able to pay when they don't have a paypal option. Pretty pathetic FIA WEC and RadioLeMans, shame on you both.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3394358)   #157
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Decided to sign up - WEC is my favorite series - so happy to support. Only receiving live timing - no video.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3394359)   #158
Ziemas
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
Ziemas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not even possible to pay at all right now, going through the payment steps doesn't even work.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3394361)   #159
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira View Post
Live timing is free if you just signup (even though you do not go through the credit card payment), I think.

http://members.fiawec.com/ is giving me live timing.
Nope...
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3394362)   #160
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Paypal linked to bank account?

I don't know if this has been explicitly said, but I just tried to access the live timing and it's all blocked with what looks like a email and password system. Want to sign up? Here's how to pay! On a PC.
Don't know but I don't see a paypal link.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3394363)   #161
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
Nope...
Yes there is: http://members.fiawec.com/
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3394364)   #162
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Go to the signup page, fill the details (name, email and password) and choose, for example, the year package.

After that, it goes to the CC payment page. Here, do nothing (or close it!)

In case your browser saved your password, then you can access live timing.

BTW: Both Audis at the front.

thanks a lot, it worked!
hopefully it will continue to work for the rest of the race.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3394365)   #163
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
Nope...
Close that window.

Then go back to: http://members.fiawec.com/

Is it giving you live timing? To me it is:

Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3394366)   #164
Ziemas
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
Ziemas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ugly web design and the ability to bypass the payment process doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in their software engineering...
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3394368)   #165
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just found live timing is working at member.fiawec.com---linked on the FIAWEC.com page.

Does this mean they still might stream quali and race?

I do notice they aren't streaming practice, which cheapens the value for those who were willing to pay.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3394378)   #166
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Thanks to ten-tenths and finding the work around. Hopefully this isn't fixed come race time.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3394379)   #167
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see why we tend to only have one thread for anything. Can no one can deal we two thoughts at once.

Race thread over here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...141209&page=22
Old 18 Apr 2014, 12:15 (Ref:3394388)   #168
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Close that window.

Then go back to: http://members.fiawec.com/

Is it giving you live timing? To me it is:

thxs man, at least I have something... omg!!!
Old 18 Apr 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3394391)   #169
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anyone at the circuit and looking at the timing? Is there enough bandwidth? Probably a bad time to check as it is Friday and it'll be busier on Sunday?
Old 18 Apr 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3394392)   #170
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Wow, that work around worked; kind of bizarre. Yeah hopefully this slight flaw isn't noticed/fixed, haha.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 12:31 (Ref:3394399)   #171
Stahler
Rookie

Stahler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you know if the Eurosport Player will stream the whole race (on their dedicated online channel) as it did last year? I have a Eurosport Player subscription and I'm not gonna pay for another internet stream....

I really don't see how this decision could benefit the series in any way. Popularity-wise, WEC is not in the position of F1 or even MotoGP. If there were several thousands people watching the online streams last year, I think this year it's gonna be several hundreds at best... They've immediately lost any potential fans lured by the Porsche's and Mark Webber's return.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 12:38 (Ref:3394401)   #172
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Just signed up. Since I always said that I would be happy to pay for a reliable service that gets me access to the racing series that I love (allegiance switch from TUSC to WEC effective immediately!), I had no problem paying the reasonable charge.

If this were the Tudor series asking me to pay money to watch their product I would tell them to pound sand!
Old 18 Apr 2014, 13:26 (Ref:3394427)   #173
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziemas View Post
The ugly web design and the ability to bypass the payment process doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in their software engineering...
Either that or they forgot non-paying signups. Which inspirses almost as much as confidence.

But someone said the live timing was embedded on the main page during the FP1? So it seems sort of intended.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3394430)   #174
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Maybe the ACO don't expect more fans as well, therefore they're out to get as much as they can reasonably expect from the hardcore support knowing they are a captive audience.
Bright future for the series then...

I seriously think ACO/LMEM is living on another planet. Even F1's live timing is still free (just not the split times, not that WEC's crappy live timing ever hard those anyway) and there is maybe SLIGHTLY different kind of demand for F1.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 14:52 (Ref:3394463)   #175
sssssssss
Veteran

well, after restarting my computer, i cannot access the live timing anymore.