Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 16 Jun 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3091797)   #1
snett fan55
Rookie

United Kingdom
near Norwich
snett fan55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
National Motor Racing Archive

Fellow TNFers,
does anyone know how to contact the above organisation,now that it is under the umbrella of MSV? I know that it has moved to Watton,as Martin Hadwen was unwell,but have heard little of it since.Such a great source of information must be available to "anoraks" such as myself?
Can anyone help,please,
Regards to all,
Carrotcruncher
Old 19 Jun 2012, 07:01 (Ref:3094594)   #2
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snett fan55 View Post
Fellow TNFers,
does anyone know how to contact the above organisation,now that it is under the umbrella of MSV? I know that it has moved to Watton,as Martin Hadwen was unwell,but have heard little of it since.Such a great source of information must be available to "anoraks" such as myself?
Can anyone help,please,
Regards to all,
Carrotcruncher
Sadly, my good friend Martin Hadwen passed away in October, 2010.

Shortly before that he had arranged for the Archive to pass into the care of MSV, thanks to the good offices of Jamie Hopper, Snetterton Circuit Manager. He too was a good friend to Martin & a supporter of the Archive. It is in good hands with Jamie, but quite what MSV's long-term plans are I don't know, as I haven't spoken to Jamie for a while.

You are right, it is too valuable a resource to lose - I should know, a fair chunk of it came from me when I cleared out before moving across the Channel!

If you want to know anything I suggest you contact Jamie Hopper at Snetterton

JOHN ELWIN
Old 3 Jul 2012, 09:20 (Ref:3101202)   #3
snett fan55
Rookie

United Kingdom
near Norwich
snett fan55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks John,
sorry to hear about Martin,did not realise his illness was so grave.I will contact Jamie,though I imagine he has his hands pretty full with all the big meetings coming up.I will post any further info.I can glean.
Regards carrotcruncher