Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Mar 2006, 00:01 (Ref:1560670)   #326
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Nick Percat on his podium finish in the final race of the weekend, he has done extremely well, always been just off the pace.

Also any light on why Corbett was handed a 30 second penalty, that dropped him from 4th to 26th!

Also well done James Ward, broke Kemals perfect weekend
Old 26 Mar 2006, 06:49 (Ref:1560861)   #327
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there were 2 very ugly tow truck issues, the first as discussed about above with LD, and yes he did have an off...but the fact is the truckie did drop the car from about 4 feet up! and no, there was not a broken tow hook, simply a tow truck driver rushing in a cowboy like manner....

the second was james gardiener's car that was pulled away so fast by the truck driver that it rolled the car onto the roof, and then dragged it down the road!! a brand new car prior to the weekend! hmmm....
Old 26 Mar 2006, 06:54 (Ref:1560865)   #328
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsf1
there were 2 very ugly tow truck issues, the first as discussed about above with LD, and yes he did have an off...but the fact is the truckie did drop the car from about 4 feet up! and no, there was not a broken tow hook, simply a tow truck driver rushing in a cowboy like manner....

the second was james gardiener's car that was pulled away so fast by the truck driver that it rolled the car onto the roof, and then dragged it down the road!! a brand new car prior to the weekend! hmmm....
Gee thats a shame, who pays the billl for the damage on those cases?
Old 26 Mar 2006, 07:02 (Ref:1561063)   #329
williamsf1
Veteran

well I know the latter is being taken up for a new body as it is totalled....

As for the penalty I think it was for passing under the safety car.... now to work out the championship points!!!
Old 26 Mar 2006, 08:18 (Ref:1561115)   #330
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

This was all at the same corner at the same time. Asked the boys what the outcome of the little talk that was going to take place about that happening was, but none seemed to know. Asked Lucas, he was unsure and still a little ****ed off.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 10:05 (Ref:1561195)   #331
V8 Supercars
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
V8 Supercars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamsF1
but the fact is the truckie did drop the car from about 4 feet up! and no, there was not a broken tow hook, simply a tow truck driver rushing in a cowboy like manner....
I just Rang the guy who was actually driving that truck in question. The trucks hook was attached to the cars tow hook and was winched up onto the tray. Then the tray was slid up around half way and was put down around half way also. Then a strap was placed around the rear to secure it. Then some tention was applied to the winch when the tow hook on the car broke. It was actually the wire that was pulled through the swage and if you have ever seen them then you will know that they are very small guage steel wire.

In regards to the roll over. The driver of that Aussie car ordered a 'flat tow' via the nearby official. The truck arrived and not wanting to use the flimsy tow hook under the body, attached the strap around the top of the roll cage. The driver of the car was then told to put the car in 'neutral' which the driver acknolwedged it was. The tow truck then moved off with the car as RC was riding him yo hurry up as they were waiting to release the V8 Supercars. The car was NOT in neutral after all and was dragged until it hit the ripple strip and then roll over a few times and dragged until the driver saw what was happening and stopped. It was found that the steering wheel was not put back on the car correctly so the driver had no steering also. So these two things as well as the fact the truck driver wasn't looking in his mirrow when taking off with the car contributed to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf
Gee thats a shame, who pays the billl for the damage on those cases?
Its up tp the team to pay for the damage.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1561269)   #332
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
So what the driver was inside the car that was being towed, what a bizzare way to be involved in a rollover!
Old 26 Mar 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1561402)   #333
williamsf1
Veteran

Thanks V8 Supercars,

I am sure there are, as always 2 sides to a story... I had only gotten the drivers side of both....
Old 26 Mar 2006, 23:24 (Ref:1561713)   #334
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
Quote:
Thanks V8 Supercars,

I am sure there are, as always 2 sides to a story... I had only gotten the drivers side of both....
Same goes for me, i only have both the drivers side of the story and also some of the crew sides
Old 27 Mar 2006, 03:19 (Ref:1561885)   #335
EMR39

well anyway, great to see Kemal come away with the win for the weekend. It was a top performance to kick off the year with. At least I can be comfortable in knowing that there'll still be a VIP car where it belongs this year.

Old 27 Mar 2006, 05:51 (Ref:1561944)   #336
williamsf1
Veteran

yep I second that! well done to the big guy

any idea's of the championship standings after round 1?
Old 27 Mar 2006, 06:00 (Ref:1561949)   #337
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
My guess would be:

Kemal
J Ward
P Ward
B Ward
N Percat
N Simmins
T Kipper

Thats just with a general scan over results.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 07:41 (Ref:1562010)   #338
EMR39

call me slow off the mark (well I'm having a year off, I'm allowed to be), but I've just notice the ARC's are not coming up here for the QR300!! bugger it, I'll just have to find something else to drive for the weekend.

Old 27 Mar 2006, 23:58 (Ref:1562862)   #339
cav
Racer

cav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a big family thing last week and weekend and couldnt even keep up with the results as they dont have an internet connection at their house but you have done a top job filling in some gaps oaksnaf. I have spoken on the phone about the racing and stuff which looks like it was awsome and well done to Kemal for his win and well done to James Ward for breaking Kemals winning streak, would be good to see how good he actually is behind the wheel if he didnt have the stress of running the competitor support side of the business.Percat and Corbett did exceptionally well foir their first time and Kyle Clews was on the money and flew the flag high for his new Australec sponsor.
How about the tow driver wrecking the Gardiner car, apparently Gardiner was waving and yelling and the flag crew were waving and yelling for him to stop the truck but the tow driver just kept going which rolled the car over a couple of times and then dragged it along upside down.

The Aotobarn car also received major suspension, chassis and body damage when the towie let it roll off the back of the truck.

Me thinks that someone other than the car owners will be paying for the damage. Would CAMS insurance or the towies insurance cover the damage.

You see a lot of incidents around tracks when towies do more damage to cars but I think these two incidents really take the cake and if anyone can sort the problem out it will be the guy who runs this category so well.He wont sit back and take such poor tratment I can tell you.

Wish I could have been there though, anyone got any other exciting stuff
Old 28 Mar 2006, 05:31 (Ref:1563010)   #340
PorkChop
Rookie

PorkChop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aussie legends were great to watch in Adelaide, i wonder if there are any towtruck driver jobs in the papers there this week
Old 28 Mar 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1563318)   #341
williamsf1
Veteran

I'd say Cav old mate there were few better dices than the james Ward V Paul Kemal in all 4 races..... however I would say that Corbett would have done better overall if he hadn't passed under yellows of the safety car to me it looks like he is out of the championship running being 100 points behind kemal already....

If I was to stick my neck out I would say that the champ will now only come from those in the top 8, as there is just too big a points gap back to 9th and then also 10th....
Old 28 Mar 2006, 22:46 (Ref:1563810)   #342
cav
Racer

I have not seen the Championship points yet but I think Corbett finished somewhere near the top ten which would only put him around ten points behind Kemal and Ward. When you look back and recall that Monte finihed last at Clipsal last year and then won the Championship I think Corbett and in fact Clews,Kipper, Percat and co all have a big chance to be there. I think the pionts they get for each heat is different to the Champ points but I will check it out and get back to you. By the way do you know what happened to Corbett as he was on the front row after Qual for race 1.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 05:16 (Ref:1563957)   #343
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
championship points standings after round 1 can be found at:
http://www.motorvationmedia.com.au/a...ints_table.htm
Old 30 Mar 2006, 06:33 (Ref:1564876)   #344
PorkChop
Rookie

PorkChop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey guys, does anyone know if Phil Ward uses a Nokia mobile phone
Old 30 Mar 2006, 06:42 (Ref:1564880)   #345
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Vanilla Dice has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Back in '95 we were still analog.. they wouldnt work any more anyway

The company spending most of the $$ in Technophone went tits up didnt it?

666 posts... over... and OUT..!
Old 30 Mar 2006, 08:08 (Ref:1564938)   #346
cav
Racer

Thanks for that DF. Phil Ward probably does use a Nokia Phone as he had pretty solid support from them back in the Mercedes/V8 Commodore days. I think Technophone was a Nokia product that was taken off the market as his cars changed from one to the other. I think the V8 ran Nokia the last time there was a Touring Car Championship round at Bathurst when you could still be a privateer.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 08:27 (Ref:1564951)   #347
Peddler
Racer

Australia
Camden, NSW
Peddler has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
has anyone seen the picture of Brett Hobson on his lid in Autofiction this week? Poor little ARC looks hammered

Congrat's to PK aswell for Adelaide... great drive champs

Go the Datto!!!
Old 30 Mar 2006, 13:31 (Ref:1565184)   #348
williamsf1
Veteran

Cav I'd say you would have to ask the stewards as to what happened to Corrbett, but it was said that he was given a 30 second time penalty, what for? well that is anyones guess as that is all that is put up on NATSOFT, however most point towards a few passing moves made under the yellow of the safety car....

and the lap 2 gearbox failure would not have put his weekend off to a great start!!!
Old 30 Mar 2006, 23:10 (Ref:1565606)   #349
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Vanilla Dice has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cav
Thanks for that DF. Phil Ward probably does use a Nokia Phone as he had pretty solid support from them back in the Mercedes/V8 Commodore days. I think Technophone was a Nokia product that was taken off the market as his cars changed from one to the other. I think the V8 ran Nokia the last time there was a Touring Car Championship round at Bathurst when you could still be a privateer.
The Nokia money came from a Nokia reseller, which was a holding company behind the Technophone brand. I still have a Phil Ward Team Technophone sticker on the fridge in the garage at my mum and dad'd place...

666 posts... over... and OUT..!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 06:48 (Ref:1568747)   #350
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
Paul Dumbrell to race the Autobarn Racing Aussie Racer at Bathurst due to his little bro Lucas only having an provisional licence.

Just a little rumor
Closed Thread