Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Sep 2012, 16:19 (Ref:3134287)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
fr3.5 hungary

major musical chairs for this one!

tamas pal kiss is taking daniel zampieri's seat at bvm
aaro vainio is driving in place of anton nebylitskiy
daniel abt is taking kevin korjus' tech1 drive
nigel melker isn't going to race as planned for lotus, i suppose logically paving the way for korjus to take his seat

weather: http://www.accuweather.com/en/hu/bud...weather/187423
timetable attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf timetable_hungaroring_2012.pdf (55.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 11 Sep 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3134385)   #2
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP3 invasion!
Old 11 Sep 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3134415)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Thanks for this news bella. Interesting changes indeed!

P'al Kiss making his 3.5 debut... That'll be worth seeing as he's probably got a lot to prove after his GP3 season took a dive?

Really hope Korjus does slot in at Lotus as he has struggled a bit this year and that can't be down to him?
Old 12 Sep 2012, 00:41 (Ref:3134524)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i wonder exactly how much of a final chance this is for korjus. he has had a funny season, a lot like rossi i suppose and it'll be very interesting to see if he can bring it to sorensen. lotus have some very good engineers, and they've had one of the most consistently quick cars this season. the ball is most definitely in his court...

finding it quite interesting that there's so many gp3 drivers joining in and having a go. it's a bit obvious considering their season is over now i suppose, but abt and vainio are exactly the kind of guys that would be good to see on the 3.5 grid filling the good seats next year rather than having a go at gp2.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 20:17 (Ref:3134980)   #5
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
finding it quite interesting that there's so many gp3 drivers joining in and having a go. it's a bit obvious considering their season is over now i suppose, but abt and vainio are exactly the kind of guys that would be good to see on the 3.5 grid filling the good seats next year rather than having a go at gp2.
I would much rather see a strong GP2 series next year that have the bulk of the talent in FR 3.5 as we seem to have this year. Not least because the racing in GP2 tends to be much more exciting than FR 3.5.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3134994)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i was thinking about this whilst watching the gp2 the other day. is it that it's more exciting or there's just more collisions and times when neither of the drivers involved in a pass goes "you know what? it's not worth it, i'll have you in a couple of corners time". i'm thinking perhaps the bianchi/frijns handbag fight on the run to copse vs canamasas and berthon's coming together on the way to eau rouge as an example.

we saw what happened in 3.5 when the drivers got a bit more bothered about not being able to overtake at moscow - far more incidents than usual.

i know what i'm trying to suggest but it's not coming out right!
Old 12 Sep 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3135023)   #7
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be there!
Old 12 Sep 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3135025)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
did you grab a copy of the timetable? the saturday 3.5 race is at midday which is far earlier than normal!
Old 12 Sep 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3135030)   #9
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sure did! Hopefully the train timetable will be favourable on Saturdays and Sundays, I'd like to be there all day if possible. They seem pretty regular though.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3135288)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
here's the timetables: http://www.bkv.hu/en/suburban_railway_schedules

i think this is the one you want? http://www.bkv.hu/suburban_railway/H...dolloi_hev.pdf

Last edited by bella; 13 Sep 2012 at 10:17. Reason: copy paste fail
Old 13 Sep 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3135295)   #11
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Thanks! I've just been having a nose around myself. Looks like betting back into town from the track will be no problem. I think I'm pretty much sorted for the weekend, just need to get today over with and then fly out tomorrow!
Old 13 Sep 2012, 20:15 (Ref:3135581)   #12
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
aaro vainio is driving in place of anton nebylitskiy
Vainio is talented driver and I hope he drives good performance and would be seen up to the podium.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3135982)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
testing times from today attached. very exciting battle at the end of the session this afternoon for "pole". it's pretty cold on track - think around silverstone temperatures - so come sunday and some warmer weather the times could potentially come down some more.

qualifying is at 8.30am local time, and there's a bit of rain forecast overnight. ought to be quite interesting...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 06_CombinedClassification_COLLECTIVE TEST.PDF (74.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 15 Sep 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3136222)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
fun fact from today's qualifying session: the top 6 were quicker than chilton's pole time in gp2 this year

another pole for frijns, but bianchi and magnussen were less than 0.1 behind. should to be a very close race. green flag lap is at 11am uk time
Old 15 Sep 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3136254)   #15
p-matt
Veteran

Quote:
fun fact from today's qualifying session: the top 6 were quicker than chilton's pole time in gp2 this year
You seem to have it in for GP2 Bella!

Quite a boring race this morning sadly. Frijns extends his lead in the championship. You have to wonder where we will go if he wins the championship. GP2 isn't really a step up and he doesn't have the budget. No F1 teams have snapped him up yet, even though he is beating some of the best F1 backed drivers out there in Bird, Bianchi, Felix da Costa and Rossi.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 12:33 (Ref:3136262)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
nah, it's just a great stat. honest

unfortunately the cars do seem to be too big for this circuit now. there was a couple of good battles not shown by the cameras but on the whole yeah, very diffiult to get excited about. even the drivers looked bored
Old 15 Sep 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3136275)   #17
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frijns will definatelly find a F1 team role after his season, he is just being picky. Even in his BMW days all junior drivers schemes were all over him
Old 15 Sep 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3136299)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it'd be insane if he didn't find a really good f1 option after the year he's had. today was pretty textbook - he didn't let magnussen get close enough to try anything. i have no idea who i'd like to win the title. any of the two (or three, but bird is a bit of a way off now) would be a seriously worthy winner. off the top of my head bianchi has made more rookie errors than frijns has?? madness.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3136428)   #19
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why is it madness, wasn't it the same last year in GP2? He is quick, no doubt, but pressure is clearly killing him.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3136433)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it's madness because it shouldn't be like that. he should have learnt by now. and everyone drives like a nutter in gp2, so it's more difficult to tell

can't help but think that ferrari number two job would have been his had he figured out how to manage the errors and the pressure when it became apparent that was his weak spot.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3136436)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
The likes of us might have expected Jules to win it but did his management?!

I don't think so he was just put here to keep Friday's free and also race ready in case an opening came up short notice.

I still think he'll be in F1 soon.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3136457)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
undoubtably they did. i mean, you don't cough up for the best seats in the house year after year for someone unless you really do believe they're the messiah (or you're going to get a hefty return on your investment at a later date)...
Old 15 Sep 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3136561)   #23
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
He will get to F1 yes, paying a million or five to a lucky team. But anyway in my opinion pressure is something that a person can either handle or not. You can not learn how to handle it, you just do it. That (and spare brain capacity while racing) is what seperates very talented drivers from serial champions in junior categories. This is why at season's start I was saying Frijns instead of Bianchi or Bird and Harvey or JJ instead of Sainz Jr. And this is why I will say (with the obvious risk of receiving a lot of stick from people in the future but hey) that neither Vainio will ever make it big after what I saw in Monza.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3136715)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
frijns - magnussen - pic this morning in qualifying. other notables - pal kiss in 13th and bird in 9th.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3136734)   #25
p-matt
Veteran

Bianchi 7th. If Frijns keeps things clean later he might have one hand on this championship.