Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Dec 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2802174)   #126
cleanup
Rookie

England
cleanup should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_torque View Post
Shaping up to be a classic....

Carlin:
Jack Harvey (c)
Carlos Huertas (c)
Rupert Svendsen Cook(c)
Felipe Nasr (c)
Kevin Magnussen (c)
TBC

Fortec:
Will Buller (c)
Harry Tincknell?

Double-R:
Scott Pye?
Bart Hylkema?
Pipo Derani?

T-Sport:
Menasheh Idafar (c)
Yann Cunha(c)
James Cole?

Litespeed:
Tom Blomqvist?

Sino:
Kevin Zhu?

Hitech:
Pietro Fantin?
Adderly Fong?
Unless another turbo charged red bull driver appears, Nasr in, GAME OVER!
Old 9 Dec 2010, 23:19 (Ref:2802226)   #127
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
What about if Tom Blomqvist goes to Fortec? Where did this idea that he was going to be with Litespeed come from?
Old 10 Dec 2010, 00:32 (Ref:2802248)   #128
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
What about if Tom Blomqvist goes to Fortec? Where did this idea that he was going to be with Litespeed come from?
I think the idea came from the prize test that some of the top drivers in the Formula Renault UK championship receive. Tom Blomqvist tested with Litespeed at Rockingham in their championship class ex-Jay Bridger car as his prize for being champion I think, whilst Tama’s Pa’l Kiss and Ollie Millroy tested for West-Tec in a National class car on the same day.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2802328)   #129
Bobby
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden, Gothenburg
Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanup View Post
Unless another turbo charged red bull driver appears, Nasr in, GAME OVER!
Wow! Fong & Fantin; I hope Hitech will do better than that line-up.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2802507)   #130
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
I think the idea came from the prize test that some of the top drivers in the Formula Renault UK championship receive. Tom Blomqvist tested with Litespeed at Rockingham in their championship class ex-Jay Bridger car as his prize for being champion I think, whilst Tama’s Pa’l Kiss and Ollie Millroy tested for West-Tec in a National class car on the same day.
Thanks, Runshaw, that all makes sense now.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2802697)   #131
cleanup
Rookie

England
cleanup should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wouldnt be suprised if Tom goes Euro F3, shame if so, BF3 shaping up nicely but could do with someone to contest Nasr, clear champion favourite for me.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2802737)   #132
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford drivers Dan Cammish & Scott Malvern tested National Spec cars for West Tec at Rockingham. Looks like Cammish is F2 bound but think Malvern is chasing an F3 deal.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2802867)   #133
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whatever happened to Wayne Boyd? He seemed to be the next big thing at one point after a fantastic season in Formula... Renault (Ford?), but after moving up to BF3 he vanished.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 17:25 (Ref:2803002)   #134
formula_fan
Racer

formula_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about anyone in the national class? Is that still going for next year? I have to agree with most, Nasr has this one hands down. Svendson Cook and maybe Buller to round out the top 3. Huertas and Magnussen will be pacey but apart from that I can't see anyone else to be challenging for the title. Could do with a real top name international driver signing up to give the field a bit of a shakeup, like maybe Sims?
Old 11 Dec 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2803075)   #135
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
They've changed the name of the National Class to the Rookie Class, which I think is plain daft because somehow it makes it sound less important.

It looks as though T-Sport, who pretty much kept it going this year are likely to be concentrating on the International Class next year.

Meanwhile NBE, who provide the control engines for National/Rookie Class now have a primary responsibility to look after the VW engines, so it doesn't look good.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2803900)   #136
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3 test day in Cheste today. 4th (and last?) session results visible on live timing screen: http://www.cronoline.es/crono/cronocrt2.htm

Magnussen fastest. Any idea who's driving what? There are at least some German Cup cars testing and maybe Italian F3 too...
Old 13 Dec 2010, 23:26 (Ref:2804098)   #137
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Good link, Valker, thanks. It looks like a 1-2-3 for Carlin and I'm seeing some Fortec cars in there as well..

Interesting that Magnussen was faster than Nasr.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 23:33 (Ref:2804102)   #138
alias99
Racer

alias99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would Magnussen is the one to beat this year. His euro experience will give him an edge over all the others in my opinion. Last 3 champions all came from euro teams.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 23:47 (Ref:2804109)   #139
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I'm happy either way, to be honest. Magnussen will have to learn some of the circuits, but that shouldn't be a problem if he's that good.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2804334)   #140
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
sino racing try to hire zhu dai wei, zhu juan, zhang zhen Dong and ho hon keong.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 15:40 (Ref:2804378)   #141
formula_fan
Racer

Quote:
Good link, Valker, thanks. It looks like a 1-2-3 for Carlin and I'm seeing some Fortec cars in there as well..
A sign of things to come I think. Carlin have such a dominance at the moment, the rest never really stand a chance fighting for the championship. It's a bit of a shame really.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2804389)   #142
alias99
Racer

They were 1-2-3-4 in the last session today from the link Valker posted.

1.Magnussen
2.Nasr +0.5
3.S-cook +0.8
4.Jaafar +0.9
5. Tincknell +1.1

Interesting that Tincknell is going quicker than Buller in the same car.

Full times will be up soon on Italiaracing soon I would imagine.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2804394)   #143
formula_fan
Racer

Magnussen has good experience of the track and did well there in Euroseries this year. Nasr should be quicker on the UK tracks. I'm surprised by Ticknells pace, but still at over a second off the pace it looks like fortec and the rest have a lot of work to do.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2804400)   #144
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
alias99, what do you mean by "euro teams"?
Old 14 Dec 2010, 17:25 (Ref:2804407)   #145
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_fan View Post
A sign of things to come I think. Carlin have such a dominance at the moment, the rest never really stand a chance fighting for the championship. It's a bit of a shame really.
I know what you mean and it does make life difficult for the other teams, but when you look back it has always been the case that one team has been dominant.

For a while it was West Surrey Racing, who won, I think, six titles.

Then Paul Stewart Racing took over and won another six.

There was a brief interlude when Manor Motorsport won a couple back-to-back, but then Carlin started their run in 2001 with Takuma Sato. For a few years they seemed only to win every other year, but they've won the last three in a row and have now reached that magic figure of six.

The biggest problem for the other teams is that they run so many cars. Five so far and probably six, so if one of their drivers doesn't win another probably will.

Trevor Carlin is aware of the problem, but as he says he had to start from lowly beginnings and fight to gain the ascendancy and now it's up to another team to do the same.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2804444)   #146
alias99
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
alias99, what do you mean by "euro teams"?
Teams based in Europe and mainly run in European championships.

I was trying to highlight the fact that working with European based teams could provide a driver with a different perspective on how the cars are run, as many drivers in the past have said there is a difference. All of the Red Bull drivers came from "Euro" Renault teams and Magnussen is coming from "Euro" Renault and F3 teams. I know Nasr did Formula BMW europe but i think the extra years that Magnussen has will give him the upper hand.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 18:28 (Ref:2804446)   #147
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
F3 test day in Cheste today. 4th (and last?) session results visible on live timing screen: http://www.cronoline.es/crono/cronocrt2.htm

Magnussen fastest. Any idea who's driving what? There are at least some German Cup cars testing and maybe Italian F3 too...
Daniel Roos is testing with Performance so that's a German F3 car.
Also Marcus Ericsson is going to drive for Double R Thursday and Friday to help them set the car up.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2804501)   #148
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pipo Derani tweets Carlin was testing experimental tires for 2012 that were more than 1 second faster.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 22:50 (Ref:2804547)   #149
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Marcus Ericsson is going to drive for Double R Thursday and Friday to help them set the car up.
That's smart thinking.

I was amazed that that Marcus didn't win a race for Fortec in 2008 for Fortec, yet he did a handful of guest races for Double R in 2009 and immediately won a race or two for them.
Old 15 Dec 2010, 12:29 (Ref:2804705)   #150
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
alias99, so you mean Continental Europe. I usually consider the British Isles as part of Europe.

Tags
formula three