Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:04 (Ref:249344)   #26
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Grow up children, although some of your comments are so cute. MR V is a prime example.

I wonder why some of you even bother to follow F1, if MS gives you so much heartbreak. It's really very funny
its about winning properly! so whats your problem?
Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:09 (Ref:249350)   #27
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where was the problem at Interlagos?
Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:11 (Ref:249353)   #28
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6 points are better than 0 I guess. Didn't Keke Rosberg win the WDC without actually winning a race in 1982?
Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:16 (Ref:249360)   #29
Gunslinger
Racer

Gunslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know Tristan. That seemed like a great race to me.

" its about winning properly! so whats your problem?"

Huh? What the fark are you on about mr v? No probs here.

That was a supreme demonstration by MS. Although i really would've enjoyed RB winning.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:26 (Ref:249365)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun
6 points are better than 0 I guess. Didn't Keke Rosberg win the WDC without actually winning a race in 1982?
He won one race.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:33 (Ref:249372)   #31
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for that Peter. I wasn't entirely sure about that. It just goes to show how far consistency can take you.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:38 (Ref:249376)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a point I've been trying to make.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 00:38 (Ref:249483)   #33
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun
In 1982 Rosberg won the Swiss GP at Dijon-Prenois.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 05:37 (Ref:249567)   #34
mariov
Racer

mariov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Why can't you guys see that there was no way that Ralf could pass MSch? Catching up with the leader is one thing, passing him is something else. If you just listened to the post race conference, MSch explained that he made sure he went into F1 as fast as possible on the correct line, and that was it - Ralf just didn't get a chance to pass.
tfg made sure he closed the door on him at the only spot he could pass.....they where too evenly matched today...if he could he would have passed him.

And trying a kamikase move would have not goten him pass, he would have lost crutial points.....
Old 2 Apr 2002, 06:13 (Ref:249586)   #35
Aussiefan

Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
I know that might be stupid but from a fans perspective these races are awfully boring..I want to see fighting for position...but these days you have to look to the back/middle of the pack to see any of that and of course they get no coverage!!......but honestly going back to Ralph have any of you ever seen him stick his neck out and just go for it???? Not once have I seen that from him he might get points but jessums wake me up when the race is over
Am I the only one who thinks F1 races are interesting?

Old 2 Apr 2002, 06:40 (Ref:249602)   #36
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can this thread still be running, since as has been pointed out by some....Montoya couldn't pass Jenson Button for the last 10 laps or so...

Q. Who is harder to pass...Michael in the Ferrari...or Jenson in the Renault???????
Old 2 Apr 2002, 10:06 (Ref:249696)   #37
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Franky! Two good drivers but none of them is grown-up WDC. Both of them still need improvement to fight with MSch. It's not enough to show several good laps or try to evertake.

Ralf is still lack of his brothers cunning and tactic. JPM is lack of patience and wisdom. My stakes are on Ralf. He has better chances to improve.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 10:09 (Ref:249703)   #38
Daytona Donald
Rookie

Daytona Donald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by drexel
Montoya couldn't pass Jenson Button for the last 10 laps or so...

i do believe that monty wasn't sitting on jensons back side for those 10 laps, didn't he take about 2 seconds out of jensons time on the last lap alone? one more lap and montoya would have had 4 th place.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:23 (Ref:249825)   #39
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I based my comment about Montoya not getting by Button on post-race interviews. (The world TV feed we got on SpeedChannel didn't show the Montoya/Button battle.)

Jenson said, "Having to keep Juan at bay was exciting. Nine laps to go and he's right up with me....It's great to be able to hold off a Williams like that."

Daytona, do you have reason to believe he was exaggerating?
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:36 (Ref:249845)   #40
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like several others here, I'd agree that Michael won the race by driving in a winning way - rather than Ralf losing it by failing to do so. Fact is, nobody could have got past him - Monster included. That Ferrari was like dynamite out of the last corner and very tidy down the straight too. That only leaves the chance of a forced error or mechanical failure - when you're talking about the best driver in the best car these two possibilities fade to almost nothing.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 12:38 (Ref:249847)   #41
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Consistancy is how you win championships and TGF and TGF2 seem to have that at the moment (and Button)
Old 2 Apr 2002, 15:47 (Ref:249992)   #42
Daytona Donald
Rookie

Daytona Donald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by eatapc

Daytona, do you have reason to believe he was exaggerating?
just watched the last 14 laps again and although jpm was closing on jenson, it wasn't as close as jens would have us believe! not all the time differences were mentioned so apologies for that but here they are

laps to go 13..difference.8.3 secs 12/7.5 11/6.9 10/5.8 9/4.6 7/3.2 6/2.5 5/2.7 4/2.1 3/1.3 finish/0.6

so as we can obviously see it was close between the 2 drivers but not uncomfortably close for a driver of jensons ability!