Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Jun 2003, 21:23 (Ref:634918)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Road Atlanta...now as a prep for later

I know that the upcoming Road Atlanta event that replaced DC is a little close to LM's run, and thus various ALMS that raced in France teams may or may not be there...

However, I I were interested in preparing for Petit in the fall, I would try to make this eventif for no other reason to use it as a test event to prepare for PLM...

After all, thee is something at stake in the Petit in October with the new LM Tourney and the new invite system that the ACO will use....

I would take every opportunity possible to find out whatever I could in June, make changes based on the data to apply toward any test day that they will set up for PLM to see if they wored, and then make the final tune-up from there for PLM itself in October...

But the entry list seems rather light thus far....

Your thoughts?

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 17 Jun 2003, 22:10 (Ref:634962)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are two races at Road Atlanta this year?
Old 17 Jun 2003, 22:16 (Ref:634968)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes....

The race date was originally scheduled for Washington, DC, but DC was cancelled due to the local promoter problems, opposition from the local neighborhoods from the race car noise and crowds last year, and other things, if I remember correctly...

It is too bad, because the event last year (DC) was well-attended and it was a good race to watch....

The ALMS announced it last March before Sebring, and also announced the cancellation of the race in Mexico that was scheduled for the first weekend in April...

This date has been set for a while now (since April???)

Anyway...what are your thoughts????

I'd use it to prepare or get data for PLM....

Old 17 Jun 2003, 23:02 (Ref:635000)   #4
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Tim! I couldn't find the entry list at americanlemans.com, could you throw me a URL?

I hope you Eurotypes are pleased with the same day coverage overseas. Enjoy the race!

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 18 Jun 2003, 00:54 (Ref:635068)   #5
pitviper
Racer

pitviper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.imsaracing.net

go here chevyguy, and the entry is right at the top...

pit
Old 18 Jun 2003, 02:00 (Ref:635087)   #6
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Yes....

The race date was originally scheduled for Washington, DC, but DC was cancelled due to the local promoter problems, opposition from the local neighborhoods from the race car noise and crowds last year, and other things, if I remember correctly...

It is too bad, because the event last year (DC) was well-attended and it was a good race to watch....
I can vouch for that, I was there.

Pit passes were great, got to meet Calvin Fish, Scott Atherton, Milka Duno, even was there for when Jan Magnussen did his stint for the win, even shook his hand just before he got in the car.

I was there when Don Panoz himself showed up at his team. I'll tell you the man is there for the fans, very personable & open. Even for an impromptu photo.

I say, PLEASE return to DC!! If the race returns, I'm first in line for tickets, and tellin' everyone to come.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 02:58 (Ref:635119)   #7
Baritone24

Veeten i agree all the way,that was the most fun i've ever had at the racetrack,and it makes me mad that its not happening again

Old 19 Jun 2003, 21:23 (Ref:637017)   #8
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I know that it won't be the same for you, but supposedly they are going to do the Pit Walk and other types of things to give the fans access to the teams and drivers so that it will be an up-close type of event....